Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Bug Reporting

Decals in Shadow Catcher Material black

(1/2) > >>

diviz:
Decals placed in shadow catcher materials are black. No direct light. Only indirect light is visible.
Thanks,
Daniel

Pepelecrabb:
Not sure if I understand you correctly, but it seems to work fine here. After I changed one thing in your render settings. You had Standard Renderer selected in render settings. Once I changed it to Corona it rendered as expected. Usually Corona knows to use Corona Render instinctively when using Corona IR. For some reason with your file it did not do that for me.

diviz:
There is a yellow material on the decal. It shoud render yellow. But its black.

Pepelecrabb:
After a second look I kind of see what you mean. If I replace the Shadow Catcher with a standard physical material the Decal material renders as expected. It seems like the only light it receives is just what is reflected  from your cube material (which is next to nothing), and nothing from the hdri, or any other light added that I added.

If I change the cube color to white the Decal renders the correct color although very dark, again because it only seems to be receiving light from the reflection of the cube. If I move the cube closer to the decal it receives more reflected light and gets closer to the correct color.

Long story short...You are correct, I believe this is a bug!

diviz:
Yes. Displacement, bump and self-illumation is working. Only Base layer / diffuse is always black. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version