Author Topic: The fantastic misadventures of a movie travelling tourist  (Read 431 times)

2023-07-21, 13:30:24

Anestis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey people,
I have some time between projects and I decided to have some fun with it so I made this little homage to one of my favorite movie makers.
3ds max 23, Corona 10 (loving the decals) and Photoshop.
Cheers :D

2023-07-21, 19:45:10
Reply #1

celmar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
very nice picture!!! I suppose you think at wes anderson? I just post on the c4d part of the forum a question, as I have to light a scene of urban street in that sort of light, (and I'm much more accustomed with charcatesr and studio light)... If you have an advice, about your set up?  thanks a lot!!!!

2023-07-21, 23:49:21
Reply #2

Anestis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hey, glad you liked it and yeap, its a tribute to Wes Anderson :D
Regarding your question, well I'm not a C4D user but I know you can get great results by using either Sun/Physical sky or HDRIs.
The new cloud mechanics are awesome and you can get great results and have the option to art direct your image.
My advice is try to keep it simple, add one light at the time and use a real life photography approach (camera lenses, image composition, preferable light direction etc) also a try to gather as many photographic references as you can and have them open the whole time. A great and free software you could use to manage the references is Pureref.