Author Topic: Corona 9 Camera Exposure Confusion  (Read 2113 times)

2022-09-22, 17:09:33

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've been struggling with this for a while, but just do a quick fix with simple exposure. Now I need to try and match a real-world camera, but the camera settings like ISO, Shutter and F-stop don't seem to do anything. I'm guessing the workflow has changed, but can someone enlightenment me on enabling the actual camera settings please?

2022-09-22, 18:19:54
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Sounds like the same thing I forgot about just today ;)

Set Corona Camera tag to override exposure, disable simple exposure in there, and then the last step (the one I think you are likely missing) is to add Physical Exposure into the VFB tone mapping stack (Simple Exposure will have become greyed out). Place Phys Exposure before ACES OT, probably best at the top of the stack.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-09-22, 18:23:52
Reply #2

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
And just like that, order has been restored in my universe. Thank you. Never really learned enough about the new Tone Mapping workflow.

2022-09-22, 18:25:50
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Happy to help! As I say, made the same mistake myself earlier today haha, been a while since I wanted to switch to physical exposure values :)

2022-09-22, 18:26:30
Reply #4

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You know, this support forum reminds me of the early days of the internet. I was always blown away how I was able to find help or help someone else 12,000 miles away. So Corona was born in the Czech Republic, you are in the UK (making assumption from the accent ;-) and I'm in the U.S.

Love it.

2022-09-22, 18:49:37
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I am from the UK, this is true, your accent assessment is spot on! But I've been in the US since 2003 :) Got my citizenship in 2017, and currently in Tennessee (and likely to stay, I love it here!)

2022-09-22, 23:47:32
Reply #6

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well then a warm welcome is in order. I was picturing the baby version of Tom.