Author Topic: Chaos Licensing Feedback/Help  (Read 28750 times)

2022-03-09, 00:46:55
Reply #30

Beatmonk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Does anyone know how I can get my Team Render Clients running (WIN 10 PC with C4D R25 Team Render Clients)?

The full version on my MacBook was easy to handle, I could choose the server and it worked. I installed the Client Server (V 5.5.5) on each of the TR machines, which seems to run well. And Corona is loaded when I start the clients. But no license is found, although I checked for the XML file. Unfortunately, there is no button to specify the server ...

I must admit that the ease of use together with the fine render results were the reasons to prefer Corona Renderer over V-Ray. And as far as I can say with the first trials, it will be even better with the next release. But the license stuff is really annoying.
« Last Edit: 2022-03-09, 01:06:44 by Beatmonk »

2022-03-14, 12:36:23
Reply #31

Philw

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have the same setup - but one central license server on a machine that's always on. Much simpler that way. I just configured all TR clients to point to that with the XML file.

2022-03-15, 08:30:01
Reply #32

caspian

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I thought I'd give it a go. UX feedback for anyone at Corona/Chaos from a guy who isn't big on tech but just wants to get on and do his work. Installs the same as usual. Nice so far.

And then things fall apart (note: I work in UI/UX…)

I open Cinema and get an error about not being able to access Chaos something or other. The Learn more blue text (is it a link?) doesn't do anything. I ignore the error as it's in the same modal that I see other errors that are dismissible.

I open a scene. Hit Interactive rendering. New error. 'Failed to get licence for product Corona for C4D.' I can retry, activate trial, open the licence server or cancel. I have no idea what a license server is (it's just me on one machine here) I know I have a full year sub so I don't think I need a new trial. My options are now limited to retry or cancel.
I re-read paragraph 2. How do I check check I'm logged in? to what?
It says I can Contact support — but doesn't say where? is there supposed to be a Link?

Sod it, I have work to do, I'll just Activate a new trial and deal with it later. Link opens a webpage. I enter my Corona login detail. Incorrect password. Shit. It's definitely the correct password. Now I'm feeling very stupid. Was someone at Chaos supposed to let me know that as a Corona customer I need new credentials to use the app?

My next thought is to delete this and install the previous version. Not ideal, but hopefully this user journey is helpful. The main reason I love Corona is how SIMPLE everything else it, but this onboarding experience is not good. IMHO.

---- If anyone could tell me how I can get Corona to work now that would be ace as I have no idea.

UPDATE: reset my CORONA password and logged in. New Error on the browser. Licence server activation failed. Boo.
« Last Edit: 2022-03-15, 20:56:42 by caspian »
C4D 2023 / Corona 9 / Mac 12.6

2022-03-17, 13:38:42
Reply #33

Barendby

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is there a way to lock the licence rather than to connect to the internet constantly?
« Last Edit: 2022-03-17, 21:24:51 by Barendby »

2022-03-29, 08:29:46
Reply #34

Core2000

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We still have problems getting our license to run. The server is still not recognized. We do not like this development at all. It was so easy and now there will just be problems, like with other known license systems from Autodesk. Apparently we are not logged in, but we are and we also see the licenses in our account. This is really no condition and should be fixed until the release.

2022-03-29, 11:55:25
Reply #35

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I thought I'd give it a go. UX feedback for anyone at Corona/Chaos from a guy who isn't big on tech but just wants to get on and do his work. Installs the same as usual. Nice so far.

And then things fall apart (note: I work in UI/UX…)

I open Cinema and get an error about not being able to access Chaos something or other. The Learn more blue text (is it a link?) doesn't do anything. I ignore the error as it's in the same modal that I see other errors that are dismissible.

I open a scene. Hit Interactive rendering. New error. 'Failed to get licence for product Corona for C4D.' I can retry, activate trial, open the licence server or cancel. I have no idea what a license server is (it's just me on one machine here) I know I have a full year sub so I don't think I need a new trial. My options are now limited to retry or cancel.
I re-read paragraph 2. How do I check check I'm logged in? to what?
It says I can Contact support — but doesn't say where? is there supposed to be a Link?

Sod it, I have work to do, I'll just Activate a new trial and deal with it later. Link opens a webpage. I enter my Corona login detail. Incorrect password. Shit. It's definitely the correct password. Now I'm feeling very stupid. Was someone at Chaos supposed to let me know that as a Corona customer I need new credentials to use the app?

My next thought is to delete this and install the previous version. Not ideal, but hopefully this user journey is helpful. The main reason I love Corona is how SIMPLE everything else it, but this onboarding experience is not good. IMHO.

---- If anyone could tell me how I can get Corona to work now that would be ace as I have no idea.

UPDATE: reset my CORONA password and logged in. New Error on the browser. Licence server activation failed. Boo.

We still have problems getting our license to run. The server is still not recognized. We do not like this development at all. It was so easy and now there will just be problems, like with other known license systems from Autodesk. Apparently we are not logged in, but we are and we also see the licenses in our account. This is really no condition and should be fixed until the release.

Thank you for the feedback and sorry for any caused inconvenience. Everything related to the licensing will be properly handled by the official release of Corona Renderer 8.

For now:

Windows users:

• Login at my.chaos.com with the same credentials used for corona-renderer.com, for you accounts that hold any licenses. See if the licenses are present and available.
• Uninstall the Chaos license server and remove any remaining files from the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup\ssl

• Afterwards, download and install the latest Chaos license server 5.5.5 from the following page:

https://download.chaos.com/downloads/19923/licenseserver-standalone-555-adv

• Go to the Chaos License server page (http://localhost:30304), login and check if you can see the licenses also on this page.
• Restart 3ds Max/Cinema4D, see if the activation process is successful.

macOS users:

Check and try the instructions in the attached PDF.

If you continue to have issues, please contact us at https://support.corona-renderer.com/hc/en-us by submitting a request and attach some screenshots from the localhost page.

Thanks,
Aram
« Last Edit: 2022-03-29, 12:01:45 by Aram Avetisyan »
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2022-03-29, 12:14:44
Reply #36

Core2000

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Thank you for the feedback and sorry for any caused inconvenience. Everything related to the licensing will be properly handled by the official release of Corona Renderer 8.

For now:

Windows users:

• Login at my.chaos.com with the same credentials used for corona-renderer.com, for you accounts that hold any licenses. See if the licenses are present and available.
• Uninstall the Chaos license server and remove any remaining files from the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup\ssl

• Afterwards, download and install the latest Chaos license server 5.5.5 from the following page:

https://download.chaos.com/downloads/19923/licenseserver-standalone-555-adv

• Go to the Chaos License server page (http://localhost:30304), login and check if you can see the licenses also on this page.
• Restart 3ds Max/Cinema4D, see if the activation process is successful.

macOS users:

Check and try the instructions in the attached PDF.

If you continue to have issues, please contact us at https://support.corona-renderer.com/hc/en-us by submitting a request and attach some screenshots from the localhost page.

Thanks,
Aram
I hope that there are no problems until the release. Fact is, if you need a guide for activating a license, then that is not a user-friendly way. ;)

2022-03-30, 08:06:01
Reply #37

Core2000

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you very much for your instruction. This works for us.

2022-04-08, 17:45:27
Reply #38

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i can't connect in any way to localhost: 30304
i'm trying all the solutions but i can't

2022-04-08, 19:37:47
Reply #39

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
i can't connect in any way to localhost: 30304
i'm trying all the solutions but i can't

Can you please make sure that you do not have a space in the address?
It should be: http://localhost:30304/
Not: http://localhost: 30304/

If that is not helping, please try following this guide: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/5147044693393
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-04-08, 19:44:05
Reply #40

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yes I tried but nothing, I also followed other chaos guides but it does not connect
« Last Edit: 2022-04-08, 19:48:18 by fabio81 »

2022-04-08, 19:48:20
Reply #41

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
yes I tried but nothing, I also followed other chaos guides but it does not connect

As the guide suggests, can you please contact us at https://support.corona-renderer.com/hc/en-us by using the "Submit a request" option at the top?

2022-04-08, 19:49:50
Reply #42

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile

As the guide suggests, can you please contact us at https://support.corona-renderer.com/hc/en-us by using the "Submit a request" option at the top?

sure, thanks

2022-04-08, 19:59:51
Reply #43

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Thank you, we will do our best to help you.

2022-08-06, 11:02:58
Reply #44

celmar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hello! actually, Coropna 8 for C4d ask each time I open it to be activated by the web connection; as I am in a very poor area for web connecting, C 8 is nearly ipossible to use§§§§ As I am working on assignment, is there a solution????? thank you for helping! (urgent!)