Author Topic: Corona + V-Ray + Enscape = awesome!  (Read 6542 times)

2022-01-11, 11:00:58

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
We have some exciting news to share with you today! 

Enscape and Chaos, two of the most well-known names in visualization, have merged to create one company dedicated to developing the world's greatest end-to-end ecosystem for 3D visualization and collaboration.
Together we will develop and strengthen our product portfolios to create a comprehensive end-to-end visualization ecosystem to meet the evolving needs of architects, designers, and artists from diverse industries to visualize their ideas in the best way possible — from concept to completion.

Learn more about this merger here: https://corona-renderer.com/news/chaos-and-enscape-to-merge-backed-by-ta-associates-and-lea-partners

We'll have more to share with you soon, so stay tuned!
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2022-01-11, 12:09:32
Reply #1

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Congratulations guys.

Great news all around. Looking forward to seeing how this develops!
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2022-01-11, 15:27:59
Reply #2

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow. I didn't know Enscape was so... desired.
Good luck.

2022-01-11, 16:21:47
Reply #3

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Congratulations!

I will keep an eye on: "We'll have more to share with you soon, so stay tuned!" :-)

2022-01-11, 16:48:43
Reply #4

zaar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good luck.

For architects it's really popular for it's connectivity to Revit. And together with what I assume Chaos brings to the table in form of quality ray-tracing and Chaos Vantage, it might be a dealy combo.

Probably my lack of understanding; but a merge? I thought Chaos would eat Enscape for breakfast?

2022-01-11, 17:07:15
Reply #5

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good luck.
Probably my lack of understanding; but a merge? I thought Chaos would eat Enscape for breakfast?

Right! LOL

2022-01-11, 17:12:04
Reply #6

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Different perspectives based on one's field. Some people I know had to google what Enscape is, but they are definitely bigger in the design and architecture (not arch-viz) spheres. Overall Chaos and Enscape currentl come out as roughly equals.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2022-01-11, 20:03:35
Reply #7

zaar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That’s mind blowing considering Enscape was founded in 2017. Which also speaks for how badly viz workflows are/have been in the AEC field compared to the demand for them!

2022-01-11, 20:50:49
Reply #8

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Archviz is a small field ;)

There is probably a startup somewhere for fintech/cloud/AI founded 6 months ago that has higher valuation than our new joint company.

2022-01-11, 21:08:57
Reply #9

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That’s mind blowing considering Enscape was founded in 2017. Which also speaks for how badly viz workflows are/have been in the AEC field compared to the demand for them!

Founded in 2013
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enscape

2022-01-12, 13:39:43
Reply #10

zaar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
My bad, I’m sure I read 2017 in the press release or an article article about the merge. Still impressive.

And to clarify what I wrote about workflows for viz in AEC, I don’t mean Max and Corona. I mean that it’s been hard for a long time for architects to get a proper view of what they are actually proposing inside their own tools.

2022-01-12, 15:38:05
Reply #11

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I wonder if an IPO in the stock exchange is imminent...

2022-01-13, 09:14:21
Reply #12

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I wonder if an IPO in the stock exchange is imminent...
you would like to buy a slice of the cake, wouldnt you? :D

2022-01-13, 13:51:59
Reply #13

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2022-02-11, 14:18:34
Reply #14

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Do you know if it will be corona or vray as the main engine powering Enscape now?