Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] General Discussion

Extremely Slow render times

<< < (3/5) > >>

Armand Rudy:
Thank you, I will try your settings, I have before using the HDRI, tried the corona sun, but I wasn't getting the same quality of lighting than the HDRI.

The HDRI is from HDRI-skies, it weighs 500MB is it low quality or High quality?

For the trees, I have to render 8 differents angles and all of them must have high quality trees. For the textures what do you recommend? I am using some 6k and 4k textures for crisp renders, is there a way to reduce their resolution?

Attached below is a screenshot of the corona sun, the light is not reaching all the dead angles, and it's too dark.
it maybe me who don't understand how to use corona sun, but the trees are blocking the sun, the noise will seem worse in my opinion.

BigAl3D:
Are you using the  Corona Sky AND the Sun? The sky will provide light from all directions. Can we assume you are also using a Corona Camera? You may need to adjust settings for exposure.

romullus:

--- Quote from: Armand Rudy on 2021-12-30, 20:25:15 ---For the trees, I have to render 8 differents angles and all of them must have high quality trees. For the textures what do you recommend? I am using some 6k and 4k textures for crisp renders, is there a way to reduce their resolution?

--- End quote ---

Single 4K texture will take 50 MB of RAM. 6K texture will need double of that. That's assuming that your textures are 8 bit. 16 bit texture will need twice as much. Lots of high-res textures is the quickest way to fill your RAM.

Armand Rudy:
I have opened each material, I am using only 5 materials with 4k and 6k textures.  Maybe the specular, glossiness, displacement from the 5 materials are making the scene slow...

I will try and find 2k versions of these textures and replace them

Armand Rudy:

--- Quote from: BigAl3D on 2021-12-30, 20:41:51 ---Are you using the  Corona Sky AND the Sun? The sky will provide light from all directions. Can we assume you are also using a Corona Camera? You may need to adjust settings for exposure.

--- End quote ---

You were right I adjusted the settings like you said, no hdri, just a corona sun and sky. Now the light is illuminating the whole scene, let's see if the render time is reduced.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version