Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Daily Builds

Aerial Perspective Playground !

<< < (2/7) > >>

GeorgeK:

--- Quote from: Duron on 2021-06-25, 00:50:36 ---Using RC3 and the green tint is gone. However it tints now the scene in purple.. especially visible in refractions. Even if you activate the effect, then turn down to 0 the scene is still affected/tinted in purple slightly.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Duron, we are aware of the issue and it's being investigated further.

pokoy:

--- Quote from: dj_buckley on 2021-06-24, 15:01:22 ---Sure, think it was the word 'observer' that threw me :)

I've just set it to the Z value of my Corona Sun, seems to work ok.

Edit: Actually no it doesn't.  It looks much better with a realistic altitude of the real world location of my scene.

So the altitude is affecting the Volume effect/haze quite a lot.  The tooltip for alttitude states 'higher values give a clearer sky and less sharp horizon'  But the higher I increase that value, the more colours shift in the haze/textures towards unnatural and it feels that the volume effect gets slightly stronger.  I'd have expected with a clearer sky, the effect of volume effect/haze would be less pronounced.

It's probably just my understanding of what the settings are doing and affecting and how i'm interpreting the tooltips and adding them together.

--- End quote ---

The sun doesn't have to be aligned with observer altitude in any way by the user.
Earth's atmosphere changes over altitude. The higher you get, the darker the blue sky due to a thinner atmosphere and less scattering, the thinner the ground fog etc - this is what this parameter simulates as explained by TomG.

romullus:
Maybe it would be less confusing if "observer altitude" should be replaced with "scene elevation"?

lupaz:
I haven't installed the new version yet, but here goes my question:
Is the sun intensity reduced automatically when the sun gets closer to the horizon? I hope it does, because with the 6.1 that doesn't happen and I manually need to lower the intensity with guess work based on the position of the sun.

EDIT: I know this might sound like a kid wanting more and more, but it would be great if that behavior happened with the sun

NicolasC:

--- Quote from: romullus on 2021-06-25, 16:38:56 ---Maybe it would be less confusing if "observer altitude" should be replaced with "scene elevation"?

--- End quote ---
+1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version