Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Daily Builds

Discussions about people's expectations, Corona developement, life and other things

(1/22) > >>

cjwidd:
Seeing tonemapping get shelved for v8 = 😔

romullus:
I hope the guys will work hard to release tonemapping early into v8 daily builds. Being the one who uses Corona only for personal needs, i'm ok with that, but for people who can only work with final releases - Q1 2022 - ouch.

EugeneDa:

--- Quote from: romullus on 2021-06-04, 20:02:49 ---I hope the guys will work hard to release tonemapping early into v8 daily builds. Being the one who uses Corona only for personal needs, i'm ok with that, but for people who can only work with final releases - Q1 2022 - ouch.

--- End quote ---

;)

scionik:
Nice... in 10 months and 4 features. Only one is really big... but.
I can't find the words to describe how I'm feeling. Just remember how were developed builds before v2...
Or... it is a strategy to move people to V-Ray?

bluebox:
Just noticed on trello that you yet again postponed to next release probably the most anticipated feature that people beg for for at least two or three releases.

HUGE disappointment.
HUGE red flag.

"Big release focused on significantly improving workflow and realism" - we get:
-shortening time spent opening the scene - like 10-20 sec. on scene open is that big ?
-optimizing displacement
-improved sun and sky - partialy done in previous release
-material library content update - half moved to next release. Anyone btw using this day to day in serious projects where most materials is client requested and thus custom made ?
-new shader - only meaningfull update

All the above in 10 months development time. Trying to be highly diplomatic - I'd call it sluggish.

Sorry to say this but for me this is a joke. Again - highly disappointed. Starting to look for alternatives.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version