Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Daily Builds

Displacement behaviour Phoenix map

<< < (3/5) > >>

Flavius:

--- Quote from: mienda on 2021-04-27, 18:34:34 ---Hello, there was a weird setting in the phoenix ocean map, you had increased the "velocity Coherence" to 0.8. With the default setting of 0.2 everything works for me  perfectly (corona 7 last "daily build").

mienda

--- End quote ---

Hi, that is by far a "weird setting". A velocity coherence of 1 means waves move in 1 direction as if there is a strong wind upon the ocean/sea. Normal values of that parameter are [0,1]. It should work regardless of this value as it has always worked in the past.

Flavius:
I asked a friend to try this scene out. This is the result in older corona, and he is using same Phoenix as me.

mienda:
Ok i tried again, i relink the map and all render ok with max 2021, corona last daily build(april 21 2021) and last phoenix ocean.....
mienda

Flavius:

--- Quote from: mienda on 2021-04-28, 09:11:04 ---Ok i tried again, i relink the map and all render ok with max 2021, corona last daily build(april 21 2021) and last phoenix ocean.....
mienda

--- End quote ---

Thanks for trying it out but you have turned on vector mode which i wasn't using in the past because it didn't work properly, the problem was even logged (I think Maru tested it).

I reinstalled Corona, reinstalled all c++ libraries etc and the vector mode seems to work now, so it's fine for my future projects, the non vector mode is still broken though, which isn't a big deal anymore. I need it for legacy projects so to say but I can recreate the look with vector mode on

If you have a couple of minutes to spare, can you turn Off vector mode and try again please? I am really curious

mienda:
Yes you're right, if i tick off vector works, it doesn't works well . So the ocean material  is not fully usable...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version