Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Bug Reporting

Caustics, one result in IR and different in final render?

<< < (2/3) > >>

rowmanns:

--- Quote from: Drawehn on 2020-09-30, 11:59:16 ---We have a similar issue. Caustics look different in renders of the same scene. Sometimes strong, sometimes barely visible. We didn't even use interactive. It is driving me nuts. I had reported it a while back but haven't received any real support back then. When will this be fixed?

--- End quote ---
Hi,

Do you have some support ticket reference so we can look it up?

Cheers,

Rowan

Drawehn:
Sure. Ticket no was 189737. Back then there was a chance it was caused by using a VrayHDRI for the environment but since we used CoronaBitmap this time, it really seems to be a bug.

Drawehn:
I am also getting a feeling for when caustics will change. Basically every time we render a region instead of the whole render or change the resolution, the result will look different. It is what you can see in the screenshot that i previously posted.

rowmanns:
Hi,

Caustics with render regions is a known limitation currently. We have it noted down here: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000056738-how-to-render-caustics-with-the-new-caustics-solver-

It is also noted that Caustics may look different between renders of the same image and at different resolutions.

We have these issues logged and it is something we would like to address, however it is not a quick fix and will take a little bit of time to do as it will require some re-working of the Caustics solver itself.

I hope this information is useful. Let me know if you have some further questions.

Cheers,

Rowan

DPS:
Is there a work around? I've wasted a day and a half stuffing around with this. Preview render looks awesome but barely anything in the high res.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version