Author Topic: displacement  (Read 1048 times)

2019-11-21, 09:57:10

celmar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello!!!   I use a displacement on a plane, to engrave a text... The plane is (although it seems of no importance), subdivised,  and, at 100%, the map is not pixellised... But, as you can see on the jpg, the result is pixxelised (jagged?)... maybe it's a C4d problem, not a corona one... Any advice? thank you!
   the daily 5 is used, but if I uncheck the 2,5, it doesn't change the result!

2019-11-21, 10:06:50
Reply #1

NOOKTA

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.nookta.de
Hey celmar,

the plane doesn't actually need any subdivision. Some ideas:

1. But it could help to blur the map a little bit, you can do that in the material displacement settings under Blur offset and Blur scale.

2. You could also go to Render Settings -> Corona -> Performance Settings -> Displacement -> Screen Size -> lower value - but this is globally for your scene and could increase render and parsing times.

3. I don't think it will help, but try changing the color profile of the displacement map (actually any greyscale map) to linear

Other than that, I would give this topic a more precise name, so it's easier to search for later ;)
And maybe you could upload the displacement map? I don't know whether it makes a difference what file-type the map is, maybe somebody else could say something regarding that.

Cheers,

Ara
www.nookta.de — architectural visualization based in germany
https://www.instagram.com/nookta_visualization/