Author Topic: colored shadows  (Read 3109 times)

2019-09-18, 18:32:06

celmar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi!!! is it a way to soften the shadows, when using the corona sky- corona sun? 5 I know it's possible to increase the amount of corona sky, but it washed the colors, like rainy day)... i'm looking for a sunny hot effect, but with shadows not so dark!   oh, and is it possible to color the shadows slightly?(in multipass shadow, i suppose, but directly?) thank you for help!

2019-09-18, 22:25:24
Reply #1

daveclive

• Active Users
    • View Profile
to soften the sun shadows increase the corona sun size. It's just above the intensity value.

2019-09-19, 09:28:25
Reply #2

celmar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thank you, but, I apologize for my poor english: I mean, not soften the edges of the shadows, but getting shadows less dark, lighter...

2019-09-19, 20:58:58
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The shadows would be that dark in reality - and keeping with the reality approach, the way to make them less dark is have more light falling into them. So, add extra lights in the scene. Or you could think like a photographer and do what they do in photoshoots, and add reflectors to bounce light into dark areas, or even a light of some sort to cast light into the dark areas.

For total faking it, you could add a Shadows pass in Corona Multipass, and use that to control the intensity of the shadows (with a mask if you only wanted to affect some areas of the image).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us