Author Topic: denoising  (Read 4180 times)

2019-05-07, 19:44:32

celmar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello everybody!!!
   I'm a beginner on Corona, so I don't understand what happens:  I have set up the denoising on "high quality", it's a still picture (huge size, 14000 px), but when I want to check "denoisi,ng" on the corona vfb, I have: "document was closed, values won't be synchronized... to use "denoise amount", enable denoising in render settings"..
  I though it was the case, checking "high quality" in the render settings!???
 thank you for help!!!

2019-05-07, 21:44:23
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't fully understand your question, sorry - could you walk us through the workflow you are using? Expected workflow would be:
- Enable denoising in render settings, choosing High Quality from the dropdown list
- Render in the VFB
- Enable / disable denoising through the checkbox in the VFB, and adjust the blend amount when it is enabled

"Document was closed" suggests that at some point after rendering, the VFB was cleared in some way or something similar? You weren't doing any sort of saving and resuming, or getting an image from the VFB history, or something else that might have a bearing on the result?

At that resolution, are you sure you aren't running out of memory too? Denoising takes memory dependent on a) image resolution and b) how many render elements there are to be denoised (e.g. LightMix for example)

Also, which version of Corona are you using? Thanks!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-05-07, 23:15:58
Reply #2

celmar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thank you, Tom, for your answer!  I think the big size of 14000 is the main problem, in fact... if I reduce the size, everything is going well... Unfortunely, I need that size!   My computer is an i9 9900 K, with a g force 1070, and 48 G  ram...
  By the way, I'm considering to render in a render farm...   They are very pro with C4d, but can't assume the denoise , using only cpu renders...   What would be the set up, to get a "clean" picture without denoising???

2019-05-08, 01:25:21
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You could of course render for more passes - denoising is just a way of removing noise that is left, but you can clean up the noise by running more passes (and while denoising is just a "clever, well-educated guess", removing the noise by rendering more passes is strictly less noise without having to make any sort of guesses, however clever and well-educated those guesses may be).

Some thoughts, not sure if they will help - if there is some sort of strip rendering system in C4D (never tried, so can't say for sure, sorry), then that might let you break up the one very large image into smaller ones that can be managed by your system. Another thought is to try rendering with "gather data for later" and save to CXR and denoise in the Corona Image Editor. A last possibility is to look into post-processing denoisers that work inside things like Photoshop, After Effects, or as standalone programs.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-05-08, 14:48:44
Reply #4

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi, I still don't fully understand what is it that is happening on your PC. Could you maybe make a video showing you getting the error? Thanks!