Author Topic: Hdri Scene not showing up in Corona VFB  (Read 1436 times)

2022-07-16, 15:25:01

Patrykbsb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there,

I am an amateur user of 3ds Max 2023 and I recently tried to create the render of the room with corner glass windows. I have already set up the whole space but after placing the Hdri Scene at my environment tab I can not see it when previewing in Corona VfB. The scene is visible through windows when looking from Corona camera though.

I am not sure if that's connected but I am also receiving info that I am missing optix 6.5.0 dll when opening Corona VfB.

I'd appreciate your help to solve this.

I attach view from Corona camera and from Corona VfB preview.

2022-07-16, 16:58:22
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
It looks like your windows are completely opaque. You need to assign glass material to them. I'd recommend to find appropriate material in Corona material library, or use glass preset in Corona physical material.

As for the optix warning issue, it could be because you don't have supported Nvidia card, or maybe your graphic drivers are very outdated, or corrupted. That means that you can't use Nvidia fast AI denoiser, but otherwise it should not impact your Corona usage in any way.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-07-16, 18:03:08
Reply #2

Patrykbsb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you so much for your response.

I was 100% sure I selected 1 at translucency when I was checking it 10 times but it occurred I did not. Now it works. I have one more question though.

When I go to Corona vfb preview I'd like to edit the environment scene with highlight compression, exposure etc. Like on the next attached Screenshot. However in my Corona I only have simple exposure and no view of highlights compression. There is also no LUT section. Do you know how to make it have the same features?

2022-07-16, 19:07:07
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
The first screenshot is from an older Corona version (pre V8), you're using latest version, where tone mapping was completely redesigned. The operators that you're asking about are all still there, but they have been hidden by default. To unhide them, press on "+" button in VFB tone mapping section and add operators that you need. You can hide them again by right-clicking on them and selecting delete.

2022-07-16, 19:13:32
Reply #4

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I was 100% sure I selected 1 at translucency when I was checking it 10 times but it occurred I did not. Now it works. I have one more question though.

For glass you need to set refraction, not transparency and certainly not translucency. As i said before, if you're not familiar with Corona materials yet, it's better to use pre-made material from Corona library, or at least use presets in Corona physical material to get good starting point. Incorrectly setup materials can lead to multiple issues, like unrealistic looking images, extremely long render times, excessive noise and fireflies that are almost impossible to get rid off and so on.

2022-07-16, 20:14:40
Reply #5

Patrykbsb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Of course, I understand it. I will implement changes then.

Do you know how to solve the other issue I raised lately?
These features would help me improve the scene but I have no idea how to get them instead of simplified ones.

2022-07-16, 20:49:02
Reply #6

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Did you see this message? https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=37463.msg201526#msg201526 I think i answered your question, but let me know if there's still something unclear in particular.

2022-07-16, 21:13:55
Reply #7

Patrykbsb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Oh, for some reason I missed this answer. I am afraid I did go to + and there is now highlight compression or exposure (ev) there.

2022-07-16, 21:21:55
Reply #8

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Exposure (EV) was renamed to Simple exposure and Highlight Compression to Reinhard Highlight Compression. The names have changed, but the controls are exactly the same.

2022-07-16, 23:45:45
Reply #9

Patrykbsb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It worked, almost all is now completely. Thank you!

There is just one last thing, the LUT tab is also missing from the Corona vfb and I could not see it under + tab. Do you know where it was moved or how was it renamed?

2022-07-17, 09:37:16
Reply #10

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
It should be there, right at the bottom of operators list. If it isn't, then please provide a screenshot and your version of 3ds Max and Corona.

2022-07-17, 15:03:07
Reply #11

Patrykbsb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It was in fact just where you indicated.

I am now finishing my project and I stumbled across last error.
I had dwg file of a table from one of the brands and I imported it into 3ds max. However while prewieving in Corona I receive this errors. Also in the previous there are red dots in some places and txt saying Autocad no supported etc. (txt Is blurry and not fully visible on the scene preview just as if it was behind the windows like seen on the photo attached)

I attached jpg. Do you possibly know how to solve this too?

2022-07-17, 16:31:14
Reply #12

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Did you try to press on "learn more" link in error window? All the info you need is already provided in short and understandable format, you just need to read and learn. Don't get me wrong, the forum is here to help you with the tricky questions, but you expected to learn basics on your own, by reading and watching manuals and tutorials. We all have our jobs and duties and can't babyfeed everyone who is just starting their journey in 3D.

The error sais that Corona can't render unsupported materials and you need to convert them to native Corona materials first. You can use Corona converter to automatically convert foreign materials, lights and cameras. Watch this tutorial to learn how to use converter and then subscribe to Corona YT channel as it's incredibly useful source of wisdom ;)

Cheers

2022-07-17, 16:38:27
Reply #13

Patrykbsb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I fully understand what you are saying.

Thank you very much for all your help. I will definitely go on and watch all basic tutorials.
Wishing you a great week full of success!