Author Topic: 3DS Max or SketchUp : Best for Archviz  (Read 1255 times)

2021-02-21, 18:24:03

Mark00us

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have recently got into rendering and working with corona as well as 3ds max.

For years I have used SketchUp and while in Uni and I have been exporting into 3ds max to render out the models. What would be better to get realistic results for architectural renders?

Would it be best to carry on with modelling in SketchUp and then importing into 3ds max or do I spend the time to learn modelling in 3ds max. I have a basic understanding of max at the moment.

2021-02-21, 19:06:52
Reply #1

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
n fact, any modern tool will be as good as you know how to use it. Everything else is a matter of details and nuances. 3dsmax is a great and very flexible package due to the large number of plugins and add-ons, in the future I think it will be a better choice over Sketchup

2021-02-26, 10:41:28
Reply #2

wilbertvandenbroek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What I found out is that it takes time when Sketchup or any other package with Cad like data is used to import. I always need to clean up the scene.
When I work in max native this is not a problem. But then again if you can create a building much faster in other software that can be a workflow to.

2021-03-02, 17:14:03
Reply #3

John.McWaters

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JohnMcWaters.com
I first thought it would be easiest to model in Sketchup, then import to Max, but now I find my self modeling straight in 3dsMax.

Once you model in Sketchup, import into Max, then cleanup the geometry, the time ends up being about the same if not longer than if you started in Max to begin with. Another bonus is that if you model straight in 3dsMax, you can maintain some of the operability of the stack to edit geometry as needed.