Author Topic: Max 2017 - non quadro GPU - repeating lines/garbage in viewport?  (Read 1749 times)

2018-03-27, 23:19:51

DPS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Does anyone else intermittently experience this?

I'm using a 1080ti. It seems that particular scenes experience it the most and the problem is intermittent.

I have tried an alternative Max driver which yielded the same outcome (Nitrous Direct 3D 9 instead of 11), and I also contacted Nvidia and they sent me a driver and the issue went away for a few days. Several times a day this is happening on my current scene. I have a friend who has similar issues. Wondering if I can tie this down to a version on Max, or a non-Quadro GPU. Or something in the scene that may cause this?

Guess I could call Autodesk too.
« Last Edit: 2018-03-27, 23:24:05 by DPS »
Specs: AMD 1950X, Aorus Gaming 7 x399, 64GB RAM, 1080ti. Win10, Max 2017, Corona 1.7.3

2018-04-13, 09:24:54
Reply #1

Deckard

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I had the same issue with a Quadro P2000 card.
After some web searching, I found a fix using the "adaptive degradation" button (small cube at the bottom of 3dsmax window) : I right clicked on it and increased the antialiasing quality slider.
Hope this works for you too.

2018-04-28, 01:14:33
Reply #2

DPS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This didn't work unfortunately. It did make a difference but it was still garbled.

The last time I experienced this I was able to use performance shading or wireframe. It seems that it was just Standard shading that was affected - I didn't try any others. What I did notice is after a while the viewport showing my camera view came back to life in standard shading.

The others didn't though which lead me to think perhaps camera clipping would help. By enabling this on the perspective views in strandard mode, I was able to see the correct linework again however the materials were not working at it looked a bit weird - I should have probably taken a screen grab. It just had some weird looking grey shading unlike any of the other shading modes.

I haven't tried the software driver yet - next.
Specs: AMD 1950X, Aorus Gaming 7 x399, 64GB RAM, 1080ti. Win10, Max 2017, Corona 1.7.3