Author Topic: No such file or directory  (Read 4602 times)

2016-05-10, 00:14:07

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ive had a sequence rendering for 24 hours, and not one single frame has output even though they only have 150pass limit. I keep getting this error on backburner.

I tried resending the job and deleting the elements path as It looked like from the asset tracker it was trying to save the elements there. This didnt work, as a test I tried delete all render elements (not really needed anyway for this pass) and it still wont render. It loads in the vfb, starts, but errors out along the way. Plenty of ram left, its only using 28gb of 64 so I should have enough. Anyone come across this issue?

Cheers

2016-05-10, 15:06:12
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Well, are you using these paths somewhere? Do they exist?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-05-11, 00:54:28
Reply #2

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No, im not using that path for anything

2016-05-11, 10:07:41
Reply #3

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
No, im not using that path for anything

But Backburner does. Strange, have never seen this.

• User "render": Is it a special account for running Backburner or just your username?
  • Have you tried to write/read as user "render" to/from this directory?
  • Have you ever used Backburner successfully with your current setup?
  • When you look into c:\users\render\appdata\local\temp , is it spammed with adp* files?
  • Have you tried to erase this temp directory (should be safe to do so)

Not a Corona issue imho, only if 3 is true.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2016-05-11, 10:31:39
Reply #4

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for ur reply.

1. All our machines use the username render
2. Yes read write access for all machines 
3. Yes always use backburner no problems
4. Ill check this tomorrow and update the thread
5. Yes

It is defintely corona. Most likely a ram issue as the errors started happening during  my render tests. I sent a simple  scene forestpro on a plane  at 6k. This renders. Then at 10k... then 16k... it does this  at 16k. Im having unexpexted errors though as well as this which i can post tomorrow . Unfortunately  over the years ive had little success with backburner s strange errors. Usually restarting the license manager or clearing data, restarting pcs or running as admin, updating backburner usually works but since im quite new to corona these errors are foreign to me.

2016-05-11, 11:19:47
Reply #5

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
(...) it does this  at 16k.

Ok, in the OP you wrote about a "sequence" and I implied you are doing some animation. Trying to do a 16k render would have been some important information :) So all works ok until you go to 16k?

When you update the tread, please also add Max version/BB-version, free disk space on C:, and to quote Maru:

"Also, which version of Corona are you using?"

Good Luck!

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2016-05-13, 01:44:05
Reply #6

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, animation. Sorry for the confusion, I should have clarified "when doing my tests" was when I sent the 6,10,16k images to see if it was a memory issue. Since updating to 1.4 Ive had more success rendering the animation. Ill post back if it continues. Thanks for the help!