Author Topic: [Survey] PhotoRendering Settings and our Corona rendering panel  (Read 12075 times)

2020-01-11, 15:49:16

alexhajdu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • SW engineer - ArchiCAD
    • View Profile

Dear ARCHICAD users, I'm posting another survey - this time regarding PhotoRendering Settings and our Corona rendering panel.

As you can see in the screenshot, they are the same. We brought another unnecessary duplicity and complexity in the UI and therefore considering to remove the Corona rendering panel. By finishing this step we will unify the rendering workflow in AC and keep the standard way for setting the rendering options.
Also, we plan to bring other common AC UI elements to reorder and better group options within the palette.

We assume the PhotoRendering Settings is a very well known palette to you hence this step will be easily utilized.

As always, your feedback is more than appreciated.

« Last Edit: 2020-03-31, 10:49:43 by alexhajdu »

2020-01-11, 18:14:13
Reply #1

tma

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Alex,

Yes, it seems to be the logical step.
( I do, that said, liked the display speed of the corona rendering panel vs the somehow slow default Archicad one.)
« Last Edit: 2020-01-11, 18:24:59 by tma »
ARCHICAD 21-22
Corona ArchiCAD Alpha 5

2020-01-13, 02:42:14
Reply #2

insightreid

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Based on my limited experience with the Corona rendering palette (2 or 3 days worth) I actually prefer its layout compared to the typical photo rendering settings palette.
There are also a few benefits to using it that I have found so far, mainly that renders launched from the corona palette launch in the VFB, whereas using the photo rendering settings palette docks the render into an Archicad tab like normal. Unsure if there is still a way to use the VFB with the Archicad style interface currently.
Also the corona palette allows you to launch the interactive render view, whereas the photorendering settings preview seems to use different settings / take longer.

Currently it is confusing having the 2, but there are benefits to the dedicated corona palette which I hope can be carried over to the Archicad style UI.
One other thing to note is that rendering settings from the photorendering palette can be saved with a view, so you could have a view set up for preview settings and one for a final, for example.
Currently the corona palette just seems to maintain the most recent settings, which can be frustrating. Is there / will there be a way to save a render profile?

Thanks, and hope this insight helps

2020-01-13, 08:35:43
Reply #3

alexhajdu

• Active Users
  • SW engineer - ArchiCAD
    • View Profile
Based on my limited experience with the Corona rendering palette (2 or 3 days worth) I actually prefer its layout compared to the typical photo rendering settings palette.
There are also a few benefits to using it that I have found so far, mainly that renders launched from the corona palette launch in the VFB, whereas using the photo rendering settings palette docks the render into an Archicad tab like normal. Unsure if there is still a way to use the VFB with the Archicad style interface currently.
Also the corona palette allows you to launch the interactive render view, whereas the photorendering settings preview seems to use different settings / take longer.

Currently it is confusing having the 2, but there are benefits to the dedicated corona palette which I hope can be carried over to the Archicad style UI.
One other thing to note is that rendering settings from the photorendering palette can be saved with a view, so you could have a view set up for preview settings and one for a final, for example.
Currently the corona palette just seems to maintain the most recent settings, which can be frustrating. Is there / will there be a way to save a render profile?

Thanks, and hope this insight helps

We will bring all the features from current Corona rendering palette into AC Photorendering settings and our goal is to make it more simple and better organized. Of course, Interactive rendering, render into VFB window will stay and we plan to implement save/load rendering settings as well. According to another survey we keep the Interactive palette too.

2020-01-14, 11:22:49
Reply #4

liukperry

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think Archicad users are usual with the photorendering palette, it's the first place in wich they will search the settings. But with another render engine and the toolbar in the menu i will appreciated find all the settings of the related plugins, as well as the VFB and the interactive palette.
Sorry for my english, i hope you'll understand!

2020-01-14, 14:15:22
Reply #5

alexhajdu

• Active Users
  • SW engineer - ArchiCAD
    • View Profile
Yes, as discussed. All the functionality will be maintained, you will find the settings on a more common location - in Photorendering Settings.

2020-01-16, 10:22:20
Reply #6

SAFS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I personaly prefer the Corona palette, although propably most of the people are used to the AC palette.
For me the AC palette with it's vertical layout is less user-friendly. Corona is so cool about the ease of use so a modern and cleaner palette might be one of its advantages.
Maybe its a good idea to keep both palettes for a while and consider removing the Corona one when everything works.

2020-01-16, 12:35:06
Reply #7

maknu

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I agree with SAFS. AC palette is counter productive.

2020-01-26, 10:57:34
Reply #8

algore

• Users
    • View Profile
There are many users, like myself, who have no experience with corona. However I am aware of how great it is, so from my point of view ui is irrelevant (I have to learn it anyway). The faster we can use corona with AC 23, the better.
Cannot wait to start using it, even though I have twinmotion for free.

2020-02-18, 13:34:17
Reply #9

Javiermarin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Alex,

Yes, it seems to be the logical step.Thanks

2020-02-19, 21:18:58
Reply #10

LUXi

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2020-02-20, 23:16:43
Reply #11

hpenbeoglu

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Logical step! We all familiar with the default window.