Author Topic: Blender To Corona bugs  (Read 103471 times)

2017-09-22, 06:32:16
Reply #45

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Blender exporter for Corona
Thanks, do you have a small example?  I can't reproduce it here.

2017-09-22, 09:13:18
Reply #46

Zorian

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've tried to recrate it on my stationary computer and it works fine. weird. Currently I've got another problem - Linked objects with textured materials having missing textures (I've tried Nodes materials and applied textures in material window. In both options it wasn't working)

Edit:

Anyway I found a solution, after checking Scene.conf I saw that Corona Standalone is trying to use textures for linked object from the directory where the scene is saved. So i created the folder (in this case "textures_savin_juniper") and copied there textures for linked objects.

I also see that exporter is working well with demo version for 3dsmax. I'm not sure what is the difference with version 1.6 and 1.6.3 but it seems to work little bit faster.

I hope that developing of exporter is not suspended. Some time ago I've tried to bring some another blender users to Corona, and according to google analytics, my scene was downladed almost 100 times.
« Last Edit: 2017-09-22, 16:56:46 by Zorian »

2017-09-26, 13:53:02
Reply #47

Zorian

• Active Users
    • View Profile
After updating to 7.5.2. linking objects are not working anymore.

log:

Error: Something went wrong, unable to write .scn file. Check directory permissions of export directory.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\coronablender-render_corona-27583caece46\engine.py", line 497, in render
    render_start( self, scene)
  File "C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\coronablender-render_corona-27583caece46\engine.py", line 174, in render_start
    render_scene( engine, scene)
  File "C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\coronablender-render_corona-27583caece46\engine.py", line 329, in render_scene
    bpy.ops.corona.export_scene()
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 189, in __call__
    ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
RuntimeError: Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\coronablender-render_corona-27583caece46\outputs.py", line 1118, in write_scn
    saveLightmixGroup(ob, lightmixGroups, scene)
  File "C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\coronablender-render_corona-27583caece46\outputs.py", line 763, in saveLightmixGroup
    materials = get_instance_materials(obj, scn.corona)
  File "C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\coronablender-render_corona-27583caece46\util.py", line 732, in get_instance_materials
    if crn_scn.material_override and not ob.corona.override_exclude:
AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'corona'

Error: Something went wrong, unable to write .scn file. Check directory permissions of export directory.

2017-09-28, 18:48:45
Reply #48

janmorek

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,
Win7, exporter version 7.5.2, Blender 2.78 c
I found problem with linked object - I was working on tree, everything went great, but when I try to link it to the new scene appeared this error (attachment - scene with linked object)
I returned into the main file with tree, try to render and everything went ok, then I went back into the file where is tree linked and again this error.
I tried to change the material, but still this problem  (attachment 2 - material)

Can you help me, please?

2018-05-05, 14:48:28
Reply #49

Dex

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I am using win 10. Blender 2.79b.
Could you tell me if the ies are working when assigned to the material?
Please forgive me if I have not set it correctly. I am just finding my feet.
====RENDER ABORTED====
Parsing scene took 0.366 seconds
ERROR: ERROR in XML mtl lib file: Invalid IES file: Cannot open/read/write file 'C:/Users/PC_Thread/Desktop/corona/C:/Users/PC_/Corona_IES.ies'
File name: Scene.mtl
XML tree path:
<mtlLib>
   <materialDefinition name="Light">[2]
      <material class="Native">
         <emission>
            <ies>
               <file>

2018-05-05, 21:19:50
Reply #50

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, same here. I assume issue lies with CoronSA, since it can't open/read/write even textures (jpg, png...) and HDRIs

older version (1.6) works fine

2018-10-04, 11:33:09
Reply #51

Sanekum

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, same here. I assume issue lies with CoronSA, since it can't open/read/write even textures (jpg, png...) and HDRIs

older version (1.6) works fine

Strange but tried to install Corona for Cinema 4D realese candidate, on first try textures works finŠµ, material preview works as it should. After reloading Blender it were broke again, console say it some permission error, running as admin doesn't help

2018-10-04, 11:36:06
Reply #52

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I got textures to work but material preview with textures never did. Pre 1.6 was fine, unfortunately the fix with rendering can't be applied to the preview.

2018-10-04, 12:02:17
Reply #53

Sanekum

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I got textures to work but material preview with textures never did. Pre 1.6 was fine, unfortunately the fix with rendering can't be applied to the preview.

My first thought was that in Corona 3 this bug with previews was solved, I've made two materials in the new file, both with textures, material preview works perfect, I saved the file, open old one, preview were broken, then I opened previous file were preview was working but is was broke too. Don't know how to reproduce it

2018-11-07, 09:38:34
Reply #54

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Oh my, i like challenges... :) so...

Since material preview with textures works fine on old 1.6 Standalone (daily from 2017-01-17).

Then, from v1.7 on & with latest v3 Standalone versions, shipped with 3DS Max or C4D plugins, this feature was supposedly not working, but after testing a bit further i found it works - a lot slower, sluggish & constantly showing/creating new Viewport node.

So my question is: What could be the problem with this? Could any of the developers chime in, give a tip on how to investigate the issue further?

Next, i was thinking about Interactive Rendering... 

Is it possible to start & run Standalone's Frame Buffer in IR mode from Blender (since there's a working 'Start IR' button), buffer could be kept awake, listening and updating as it gets served with 'Only Modified' scene data from Blender - it would then be possible to achieve sorta quasi - "Interactive Renderer", in a same/similar way that Pixar's Renderman IT provides it (v21.x).

But for now, if IR is running & another render is run, a new Corona window opens and starts with standard rendering, then both iterations are running at the same time :) (w/o problems - no glitching, no crashing...)

Only error appears, when standard rendering is running and another one is started:

& BTW
>>> Blender's Python API Wiki...
Reference/Release Notes/2.80/Python API/Addons
« Last Edit: 2018-11-07, 09:43:05 by burnin »

2018-11-07, 09:46:02
Reply #55

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So Corona 3 standalone for windows from C4D works with texture previews! Yippee.

I only have the mac version which is still broken.

I will investigate the viewport node delete/create issue.

Is there any doco or usage on how to start Standalone in IR?

2018-11-07, 11:11:52
Reply #56

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So Corona 3 standalone for windows from C4D works with texture previews! Yippee.

I only have the mac version which is still broken.

I will investigate the viewport node delete/create issue.

Is there any doco or usage on how to start Standalone in IR?
:D

Well, it sorta works... kind alike how Frankenstein comes to life - it needs a 'shock'!

First, 1.6 version must be installed, activated & run to show the preview, after it can be switched to use Corona 3 (redirect the addon to v3 path). It's the only way i get it to work.
Otherwise, on fresh Blender run (without doing this step) Corona crashes & a message box appears

Code: [Select]
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    Corona.exe
  Application Version:    0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:    5bd9aed3
  Fault Module Name:    Corona_Release.dll
  Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:    5bd9ad01
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    00000000002e6056
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    2057
  Additional Information 1:    5eb7
  Additional Information 2:    5eb7ec72d4f4b16c928e7be6549f4e3d
  Additional Information 3:    76b9
  Additional Information 4:    76b9146a00dd93ba5b0cd6e6a122256f

also, an error shows in the console:

Then, after switching to 1.6...

... it finally continues to work "stable" that way... and i'm left clueless as what the culprit could be...
Same goes for starting standalone in IR mode. Took a quick look at '-confHelp' list, but nothing seemed to insinuate the availability of such function.

Doctors, can we get some help here, please?

2018-11-07, 11:38:06
Reply #57

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ah ok that's why, I run the preview once 1.6 which works and changing the path doesn't restart the preview renderer so it continues as 1.6

2018-11-07, 12:29:20
Reply #58

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ah, so this feature has been removed from SA?
IIRC, i read someone around here was mentioning the removal of some features in standalone...
Would really love to hear main dev's POV on this, to be clear once and for all with SA features "on VS off". Especially since Linux version was mentioned working and 2.8 is at the doors.

2018-11-07, 13:19:55
Reply #59

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't think it has been removed, seems like a small error that should be easily fixed, it is still documented in the command line SA