Author Topic: Mercedes SLS  (Read 8635 times)

2012-09-16, 00:38:54

loocas

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I converted all my finalRender materials to CoronaMtl for this quick test render to see how fast it can be rendered in Corona at full quality.

20 minutes was set for the rendering and I'm quite impressed. All the more since this is the assert version (presumably 40% slower than the real deal!)

2012-09-16, 08:46:38
Reply #1

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Looks a bit blurry and lowres...  some post added?

2012-09-16, 10:39:42
Reply #2

loocas

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Looks a bit blurry and lowres...  some post added?

Yes, CC and some touch ups.

Blurriness comes with the DOF, I suppose. And the compression here. :D

2012-09-16, 11:37:02
Reply #3

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Ah, ok, makes sense...  looks good overall...  only glare edges look maybe too sharp :)

2012-09-29, 12:38:38
Reply #4

loocas

• Active Users
    • View Profile
With great input and help from Rawalanche, I'm finally starting to like the "carpaint" shader we came up with.

But, I've noticed Corona getting a bit slower and slower with newer releases.

I understand there has been a significant improvement in quality to the DOF and MBlur particularly, but the rendertime here (1 hour) still shows some noise and jaggies.
It was rendered with the assert version, though, but still, this rendertime is a bit high to Corona standards. :)

2012-09-29, 13:30:48
Reply #5

ondrike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
very nice carpaint guys !!
Corona brought joy to sad world of 3Ds Max :)

2012-09-29, 13:34:49
Reply #6

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
hm... assert build is currently about 50% slower, but 30 minutes is still pretty high. I'll definitely do speed optimizations in the future (for example Corona is now not using any adaptive sampling in motion blur/DOF/AA computation), but now I am trying to get in as much features as i can ;).
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2012-09-29, 13:36:40
Reply #7

loocas

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hm... assert build is currently about 50% slower, but 30 minutes is still pretty high. I'll definitely do speed optimizations in the future (for example Corona is now not using any adaptive sampling in motion blur/DOF/AA computation), but now I am trying to get in as much features as i can ;).

Good to hear that! :) Thanks!

2012-09-29, 14:05:09
Reply #8

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I feel like a Czech politician before elections, promising that everything will be eventually implemented, bug-free, and fast :D
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2012-09-29, 14:10:51
Reply #9

loocas

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I feel like a Czech politician before elections, promising that everything will be eventually implemented, bug-free, and fast :D

And I feel like a typical Czech voter. Giving you my precious vote and believing mindlessly everything you say will become reality. :D

2012-09-29, 15:33:15
Reply #10

Tom Zamorin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • my gallery
Last picture super!