Author Topic: Material inconsistency  (Read 638 times)

2023-05-25, 12:47:14

Salmaasa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I applied a corona roof material here but it seems as if the roof is not aligned. But as you can see from the clay model it's a single consistent editable poly. I don't understand why this is happening. I will really appreciate any help you can provide.
Also, I cannot see this material in the viewport even after toggling the 'show shaded material in viewport' option. The rest of the material is fine.
« Last Edit: 2023-05-25, 13:18:27 by Salmaasa »

2023-05-25, 13:31:20
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Most likely your UVs have seam here, that's why the texture is not aligned properly. Try to weld the seam - this should fix the issue.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-05-25, 17:36:31
Reply #2

Salmaasa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Most likely your UVs have seam here, that's why the texture is not aligned properly. Try to weld the seam - this should fix the issue.
Thanks for your suggestion. I couldn't get it right though. However, detaching the upper polygons solved the problem.

2023-05-26, 10:11:45
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, do you need some further help here or can you confirm that the issue is resolved now?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-05-26, 10:42:39
Reply #4

Salmaasa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, do you need some further help here or can you confirm that the issue is resolved now?
I couldn't get to the actual problem but detaching the polygons solved it somehow, fortunately.

2023-05-26, 11:48:16
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
It's not quite clear if you want to say that welding UV seam didn't help, or that you didn't manage to figure out how to actually weld it. Can you clarify this?

2023-05-26, 11:50:32
Reply #6

Salmaasa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's not quite clear if you want to say that welding UV seam didn't help, or that you didn't manage to figure out how to actually weld it. Can you clarify this?
I couldn't manage to figure out how to weld it.

2023-05-26, 14:36:10
Reply #7

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I would highly recommend to learn basics of UV unwrapping if you want to avoid similar issues in the future. Here's short and quite informative tutorial on youtube. You can see UV seams welding almost at the very beginning of the video.

2023-05-29, 04:32:22
Reply #8

Salmaasa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I would highly recommend to learn basics of UV unwrapping if you want to avoid similar issues in the future. Here's short and quite informative tutorial on youtube. You can see UV seams welding almost at the very beginning of the video.

I appreciate your help. Thank you!