Author Topic: Material overides not working  (Read 5052 times)

2018-04-26, 14:56:48
Reply #15

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
TY Pokoy, any suggestions are worth trying - gave it a go, but it did not change the behaviour. As soon as I had loaded the example scene, Max remained stuck in putting the map in the wrong place. Tried Reset Ribbon in the problem scene, tried New Scene, Reset Material Editor Slots, then Customize Ribbon, but the problem remained even then. Always worth a try though, Max does some bizarre things :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-04-26, 15:18:06
Reply #16

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The ribbon affects the viewport performance for some reason - in 2018 and 2019 if your viewport performance gradually decreases, reset it and you're back to speed.
Sorry to hear that it didn't help, then again I knew it was a long shot. Strange issue, wonder why it's doing that.

2018-04-26, 15:24:37
Reply #17

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I do have several odd things happen in the Max 2018 UI (occasionally it resets all my panel positions, that I've laid out across 2 monitors; used to be that right clicking in the viewport would trigger some script error rather than bring up the menu; sometimes I can't get pressing a shortcut key to actually work) so there sure are bumps in the road that can arise from the UI there, and those seemed to arrive with the later hotfixes. 2019 seems to be much better in this, I don't have any odd things happening there.

Not sure what is happening in this case - if anyone else can test with the scene attached, would be interested to know if this is every user with Max 2018, or if there is some system or UI setting that may be playing a part and it works fine for some people (if anyone is able to test, let us know what hotfix of Max you were using too).

If we find out what is going on, we'll share the information (and hopefully, way to avoid or fix it!)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us