Author Topic: "Stamping" a render with text in the VFB.  (Read 1015 times)

2019-04-30, 11:52:26

rasputin1963

• Active Users
  • South Texas Graphic Artist
    • View Profile
    • Meet me on Facebook:
Hey guys,

A question.   In CORONA 3 for C4D,   there is the option,  under the render settings,  to "stamp" your render with performance statistics,   ie.,  some text.

Is there any way to set up a render such that you can add some text to the render that is NOT necessarily Performance-related?    In my case,   I wanted to render out several test proofs,
each of which has a different Volume Shader setting.     I wanted to have each render tell me what Volume settings had been used in each one,   so I could study and learn from them later.

Thanks in advance,      ras

"Art is mostly about liking things."  ---Andy Warhol

2019-04-30, 15:09:44
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You can add your own static text, and a list of available render stamp variables is at https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000522226-renderstamp-variables (I think all the same ones apply between Max and C4D)

Volume settings aren't in the variables, so you'd have to manually add that text, and update it manually for each render. As a note, the render stamp often does not save from the VFB into, say, PNG or JPG etc at this time (this is tracked internally as 312410914).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-04-30, 21:20:50
Reply #2

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think for that you may use render history and name every VFB renderings

2019-05-02, 17:45:06
Reply #3

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
you could potentially also script something that adds this information into your filename