Author Topic: 3D Studio Max crashing when zooming in on VFB  (Read 3462 times)

2013-09-09, 17:06:03

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just thought I'd post up a bug that I've been experiencing when rendering at higher resolutions (eg 2100x1600px+).

The VFB works great for low res shots, but as soon as I render high res shots and try to zoom in /maximize the VFB while rendering, 3ds max claims an error has occurred and force closes. The image will render file if I don't touch the VFB at all. If it's any help the VFB tends to get garbled sometimes when I minimize Max, and the only way to see my render is to maximize the VFB window again.

Running a very stable machine (3930k with 32gb ram). Also using the Alpha build 5 posted on the forums.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Vray who?

2013-09-09, 17:14:01
Reply #1

goose1982

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Webshop
i had exactly the same problem, but the new build ( you can download them here, fixed my problem https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kgzu0cqy903ygmb/08v9Ehdplt )
My new webshop with high resolution wood Boards textures

http://virtuellefotografie.myshopify.com/

2013-09-09, 17:31:42
Reply #2

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Yes, this is already fixed, and will be published in Alpha v6
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-09-09, 17:56:23
Reply #3

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Cheers, thanks for the speedy help guys!
Vray who?

2013-09-10, 10:11:41
Reply #4

Artdjuno

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just thought I'd post up a bug that I've been experiencing when rendering at higher resolutions (eg 2100x1600px+).

The VFB works great for low res shots, but as soon as I render high res shots and try to zoom in /maximize the VFB while rendering, 3ds max claims an error has occurred and force closes. The image will render file if I don't touch the VFB at all. If it's any help the VFB tends to get garbled sometimes when I minimize Max, and the only way to see my render is to maximize the VFB window again.

Running a very stable machine (3930k with 32gb ram). Also using the Alpha build 5 posted on the forums.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

you can use a standard VFB 3D Max at high resolutions it does not break