Author Topic: Meeting Room Scene  (Read 7293 times)

2013-06-22, 07:51:34

noe2arch

This is my exprerimental between Vray VS Corona

I've rendering a meeting room Scene with vray in 10minutes
so I tried to render with corona ... and this is the result

« Last Edit: 2013-06-22, 07:55:25 by noe2arch »

2013-06-22, 08:38:00
Reply #1

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
But in the corona version scene have a not correct shaders and render setup!
« Last Edit: 2013-06-22, 09:02:27 by Polymax »
Corona - the best rendering solution!

2013-06-22, 09:59:06
Reply #2

yagi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
its sad to see that the noise in corona lets it down. ive converted most of my archinteriors scenes to corona and the problem remains the noise within a short time given for a complete render in vray.
for your meeting room:
1) you havent worked with AO in your shaders... you should check that
2) some of your materials are not well tweeked/converted(e.g the more reflective wall at the end facing us).... did you use the dead clown converter?
3) i can see you struggling with coronas contrast. while i feel its more of a gamma issue, i might be wrong but if i take the render to photoshop i just might be able to adjust to get a very similar result. the overall result looks washed out and the contrast option could be hard to work with so i'd rather leave that aspect to post production.
4) diffuse issues: your wood for example might have to be adjusted by reducing the diffuse or the output options of the map is the only option i can think of.

to buttress the discussion: left is vray in 9mins from max no pp. middle is corona from max.  right is corona photoshoped.
you can analyse n let me know what you think.
Note: # very talented artist are welcome to help ,advice and give tips

2013-06-22, 23:07:26
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Apparently Corona has lots of more noise than scanline in the same time. :(
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-06-23, 05:47:26
Reply #4

listy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Apparently Corona has lots of more noise than scanline in the same time. :(
YES!
Also who wants that silly CaUSticS?!

2013-06-24, 21:15:36
Reply #5

Bigguns

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Worst comparaison I've seen so far lol. I will do one myself to show you a good comparaison, corona is just better... when you can tweak the material well and the gamma... at equal quality , Corona is faster then Vray.. and with always a better quality ^^

2013-06-24, 22:32:49
Reply #6

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
what is great about comparisons is that you can always make one that supports your opinions :D just look at the furryball ones :D
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-06-25, 00:56:18
Reply #7

Bigguns

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I looked at it and yeah, haha so true!

2013-06-25, 13:20:15
Reply #8

yagi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
first of all - my post is aimed at the possible challenges a mid-level artist may face using corona. its merely a referencing than it is a comparison.

Bigguns - i would like to see you do a better comparison that we can learn reasonably from... whatever keymaster meant by "furryball ones" is just laughable not entirely contributive so since most of us are here to learn a thing or two about corona, i sure cant wait to see your contributions. thank you.

keymaster - "what is great about comparisons is that you can always make one that supports your opinions". (not quite what i expect from the founder but thank you for this wonderful renderer)... instead, i was hoping you could tell us what critical settings to work with to improve the quality of our renders and knock off the noise significantly? :D

2013-06-25, 14:21:59
Reply #9

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
not quite what i expect from the founder

well since I'm not in it for the money I have no need to bullshit anyone ;)

about the render: There are probably some things that could be done, tweaking sampling amount of light solvers, random sampler, more efficient materials, etc., but really, if you use portals for the environment light and HD cache, you are very near the optimal solution. It is natural for path tracing to have some noise after 10 minutes in interior.

PS: just in case, I didnt mean it that you fabricated the results, just that the results in different scenes/settings vary wildly
« Last Edit: 2013-06-25, 14:23:45 by Keymaster »
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-06-28, 11:29:28
Reply #10

noe2arch

its sad to see that the noise in corona lets it down. ive converted most of my archinteriors scenes to corona and the problem remains the noise within a short time given for a complete render in vray.
for your meeting room:
1) you havent worked with AO in your shaders... you should check that
2) some of your materials are not well tweeked/converted(e.g the more reflective wall at the end facing us).... did you use the dead clown converter?
3) i can see you struggling with coronas contrast. while i feel its more of a gamma issue, i might be wrong but if i take the render to photoshop i just might be able to adjust to get a very similar result. the overall result looks washed out and the contrast option could be hard to work with so i'd rather leave that aspect to post production.
4) diffuse issues: your wood for example might have to be adjusted by reducing the diffuse or the output options of the map is the only option i can think of.

to buttress the discussion: left is vray in 9mins from max no pp. middle is corona from max.  right is corona photoshoped.
you can analyse n let me know what you think.
Note: # very talented artist are welcome to help ,advice and give tips

Thanks for your advice sir ^_^ ...

2013-06-28, 11:32:56
Reply #11

noe2arch

not quite what i expect from the founder

well since I'm not in it for the money I have no need to bullshit anyone ;)

about the render: There are probably some things that could be done, tweaking sampling amount of light solvers, random sampler, more efficient materials, etc., but really, if you use portals for the environment light and HD cache, you are very near the optimal solution. It is natural for path tracing to have some noise after 10 minutes in interior.

PS: just in case, I didnt mean it that you fabricated the results, just that the results in different scenes/settings vary wildly

well ...

maybe I must learn again about corona .. beside shader ... I must learn how to work fast with corona with get better result...  ^_^

2013-06-28, 11:42:53
Reply #12

yagi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
noe2arch ... youre welcome Sir.... also take note of keymasters tips, they are necessary processes for optimizing quality n speed in corona
* i tried what i could with the shaders... still have alot to learn in that department as well. peace