Author Topic: C4D - Black Render  (Read 4343 times)

2017-10-18, 19:00:36

thomasouf

• Users
    • View Profile
Hey everyone,
I'm new here, but I already checked the few topics on this theme and haven't found anything close to mine.

I was rendering with Corona Alpha for C4D (using it since 2/3 months now) and everything was fine.

Now today I modified a scene but nothing wild (created a few corona textures and added a few models) and now, it's rendering fine until Pass 61, then the render window turns pitch black. I tried to export it when black, and the final image is still black.

That's really weird as it's all fine and nice until Pass 61... Any idea ?

As it's a free Alpha version i don't think it might be related to the licensing. Otherwise, no problem with my graphic card, haven't used any Vray textures or other external renderers, etc...

Thanks,
Tom.

2017-10-18, 19:25:21
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Have you tried the same scene in the daily builds? There have been many changes and improvements there, and it may take care of the issue for you - https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?board=40.0
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-10-18, 22:48:48
Reply #2

travism

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I had the same problem using Alpha 6.4 on OSX. i finally found that it was the secondary solver UDHD cache that was giving the issue. My workaround was to set the secondary solver to Path Tracing.

2017-10-19, 14:29:11
Reply #3

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Does it only happen for this scene or for some others too? It would be great if we could pinpoint the problem to a specific scene element, if it's caused by something in the scene.

2017-10-24, 16:01:08
Reply #4

thomasouf

• Users
    • View Profile
Hey everyone!

Thanks for the help and quick replies :)

I'm currently trying with the secondary solver set to Path Tracing (Currently at pass 36, and no black screen, fingers crossed!)

If that's not working, I will try with another simpler scene to see if that might comefrom a material or model.

And if that's still not working, i will try with the latest build!

Keep you guys updated and thanks for everything yet.

2017-10-24, 20:42:56
Reply #5

studiobasler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Did you activate Bloom and Glare? I had the same Problem, and unchecking it brought back my Beauty Pass