Author Topic: Juraj's Renderings thread  (Read 491999 times)

2015-10-25, 11:34:14
Reply #375

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Ah, wonderful :- ) Best plugin I ever came across.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-10-25, 11:43:28
Reply #376

Rotem

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you, I'm very glad you're enjoying it :)

2015-10-25, 20:13:26
Reply #377

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile

1 - you can not play with the controls while rendering (because it does not support cVFB)

Probably you meant corona's exposure controls. They are working while rendering if you open Render Setup window and change them from there. But you can't change a picture using corona's exposure controls after you stopped the rendering. But you can Resume last render and you'll have this possibility again while corona continues the rendering

2015-10-26, 14:41:00
Reply #378

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

1 - you can not play with the controls while rendering (because it does not support cVFB)

Probably you meant corona's exposure controls. They are working while rendering if you open Render Setup window and change them from there. But you can't change a picture using corona's exposure controls after you stopped the rendering. But you can Resume last render and you'll have this possibility again while corona continues the rendering

No i ment that in does not work AS corona exposure controls (you have to stop render and open standart VFB first)

But it does not metter much the plugin it self is gerat.
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2015-10-26, 15:27:03
Reply #379

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile

No i ment that in does not work AS corona exposure controls (you have to stop render and open standart VFB first)

But it does not metter much the plugin it self is gerat.

If you switch VFB Type to Native VBF in System rollout of Render Setup window your pictures will be rendered directly in VBP+. In this case all controls of VBF+ are active during the rendering process.
I use VBF+ since 2012, and yes - that is great!

2015-10-28, 07:50:51
Reply #380

tallbox

• Active Users
  • George Nicola
    • View Profile
    • Architectural Visualizations | TALLBOX
That's right. I'm using it too.
Architectural Visualizations / Deep work practitioner
https://www.tallboxdesign.com

2016-01-28, 23:17:57
Reply #381

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Juraj

I see you've adpoted VFB+ into your everyday pipeline, I'm currently trying to do the same.

As you seem comfortable with it, I wanted to pick your brains a little.

It's that dreaded word again - GAMMA.

I just wondered what you've ticked/unticked in the Preferences.  Are you pushing images/elements straight to PS from the VFB+ or are you saving out manually and specifiying gamma at that point.

It's a little different for me as I'm still using VRay a lot too, so it needs to coincide with my Vray Colour Mapping settings too.

2016-01-28, 23:28:31
Reply #382

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I have big problems with gamma and VFB+ and tons of questions I would like from the developer to be answered :- )

Not sure how to iniciate dialogue with him.

I'll try to write some notes for you from my experience.

Some of them from head:

With Vray it's super clear: You use gamma 1.0 in framebuffer with ticked sRGB. VFB+ also let's you do this. All is equal.

In Corona, this is somehow done automatically for you...so although Corona framebuffer stores image internally in gamma 1.0 also, and displays it in 2.2, the VFB+ displays it in 2.2 directly as well, so no need to tick sRGB there.
Which is a problem, because if I render with Corona on RebusFarm, I cannot bring the openExr back into VFB+, which is of course 1.0 back into VFB+ without it looking wrong. I have to tick sRGB, which makes it look different then it looked originally ! I have no idea what is happening there and why.

No matter what combination of Gamma I use (3dsMax, VFB+), the direct transfer button into Photoshop ALWAYS, double-gamma shit. ALWAYS. I tried every single combination.

I can only export stuff correctly from VFB+ using gamma 2.2 (like 16bit Tiff). So I loose the linear option, but I haven't been using linear post-production in long time, it became additional step I am glad to skip.

I believe all these issues are somehow connected with how VFB+ takes information from Corona. I cannot replicate this behavior by manually loading images into VFB+. I would like to maybe hear from the developer on what is going on here.
« Last Edit: 2016-02-01, 18:56:27 by Juraj_Talcik »
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2016-01-28, 23:35:09
Reply #383

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Haha, no worries, let me know what you figure out.

2016-01-30, 19:49:32
Reply #384

ASaarnak

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • The Highlight
In Corona, this is somehow done automatically for you...so although Corona framebuffer stores image internally in gamma 1.0 also, and displays it in 2.2, the VFB+ displays it in 2.2 directly as well, so no need to tick sRGB there.
Which is a problem, because if I render with Corona on RebusFarm, I cannot bring the openExr back into VFB+, which is of course 1.0 back into VFB+ without it looking wrong. I have to tick sRGB, which makes it look different then it looked originally ! I have no idea what the fuck is happening there and why.

I can only export stuff correctly from VFB+ using gamma 2.2 (like 16bit Tiff).

This gamma issue gave me headaches, too...It was no fun to get my first images using VFB+ from RebusFarm as they were not usable (should have tried first to see I had to save with gamma 2,2). I had to do a lot of product renders recently and I used batch render. My workflow was: 1. batch render save gamma 2,2 -> 2. open saved image in VFB+ one by one and save....I wish it were: batch render saves right version.

2016-01-30, 20:52:42
Reply #385

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
That's what I do as well.

But this has to be wrong, because by doing it this way, I loose the original dynamic range, so I wonder how correct can do tonemapping and other effects work.

But surprisingly, this is the only way that replicates 100perc. using VFB+ directly. So does VFB+ even read the file from Corona in linear way ? Or does it simply copy what it see (2.2) ?

2016-02-01, 18:19:20
Reply #386

Rotem

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, I'm the VFB+ developer.
Just got back from vacation, please give me a few days to figure out all these issues and I'll get back to you. I don't have a Corona license so I'll see if I can recreate what you're talking about using the demo.

2016-02-01, 18:54:57
Reply #387

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
They should definitely give you one :- )

2016-02-01, 18:56:13
Reply #388

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
contact us and we will exchange NFR licenses
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-02-02, 14:00:48
Reply #389

ikercito

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Following Jurajs advice I just gave a try to VFB+, and I'm certainly impressed! That Filmic Tonemapping option is really cool! easy, fast and renders great results.

However I'm having gamma problems too... I've tried a few options, and can't seem to export to EXR with correct gamma values. Whenever I open the EXR in photoshop (through ArionFX plugin) gamma is gone nuts. I'm rendering locally on two machines, no Rebus or any other farm... Any tips on how to set it correctly?

And by the way, I know some of you are using ArionFX too... Just out of curiosity, which tonemapping operator do you use? (I'm simple and use Global: Reinhard 02, I'm unable to get a good looking render with the other operators)

I hope Rotem can get these issues sorted. Thx everyone :)
« Last Edit: 2016-02-02, 14:16:29 by ikercito »