Author Topic: Juraj's Renderings thread  (Read 487182 times)

2015-09-03, 22:15:45
Reply #345

rfletchr

• Active Users
    • View Profile
these are really stunning!

May i ask, are the floorboards accurately wide? for me they're really ruining the sense of scale.
im refering to
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7416/9873354964_b0222c476a_o.jpg

2015-09-03, 22:26:11
Reply #346

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
They are though (plank dimension is correct but the texture is stretched, but not too much, only from 35cm to 40-45 cm or so, not sure after such long time) But hm, I quite dislike the empty parts I created between them, that's overdone, but that's preview maybe only.

« Last Edit: 2015-09-03, 22:30:32 by Juraj_Talcik »
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-10-14, 00:07:40
Reply #347

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I have some( not too much...) free time now, so I will try to complete the Ipes house I started last year.

Installed daily build for this, works perfectly :- ) but we'll see under displacement yet.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/38bx0f0u3ulw990/chair.png?dl=0

« Last Edit: 2015-10-14, 16:12:13 by Juraj_Talcik »
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2015-10-14, 11:05:12
Reply #348

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The project is great, can't wait till You finish it Juraj. Also glad that you found some time to post some stuff from time to time. At least I hope you did :D
Vegetation works wonders here, could you please share the source of the models ? I mean the trees and low bushes/shrubs blocking the line of sight. Thank you.

2015-10-14, 14:15:45
Reply #349

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Of course no problem. All the shrubery is from Bertrand Benoit's turbosquid. But I made new textures, but mostly normal maps, and then new material. I can post full screenshot with how that material and my reasoning works if interested.

2015-10-14, 14:29:43
Reply #350

dubcat

• Active Users
  • ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ meow
    • View Profile
I can post full screenshot with how that material and my reasoning works if interested.
THAT would be frickin awesome :) Great and inspiring work as always
             ___
    _] [__|OO|
   (____|___|     https://www.twitch.tv/dubca7 / https://soundcloud.com/dubca7 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) choo choo

2015-10-14, 15:51:17
Reply #351

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Here it is :- ) Please don't judge it harshly, I am person with strong ADHD and I am happy when I sit through this :- )

I will come later and make video tutorial of more complex, thought out material from the scene but hope this one suffices right now. The philosophy is the same.

Also attaching 2560px below:
« Last Edit: 2015-10-14, 16:01:17 by Juraj_Talcik »

2015-10-14, 15:58:28
Reply #352

peterguthrie

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Peter Guthrie Visualisation
thanks Juraj! perfect timing as was looking at getting vegetation looking good in corona earlier today. Will read through with interest.

2015-10-14, 16:29:01
Reply #353

Torsten

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2015-10-14, 16:39:47
Reply #354

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you ! The amout of observation you put into this is impressive, so are the effects !

2015-10-14, 18:17:51
Reply #355

Torsten

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I really like the setup you prupose. Thanks for making it easier for us to gain the knowledge you have.

Just a question, i always thought that when you use translucency, the translucency color was the backside of the thin polygon? Why do you setup a front/back material than in the diffuse slot?
Or do i misinterpretthe front/back material?

Thanks!

2015-10-14, 18:29:54
Reply #356

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I really like the setup you prupose. Thanks for making it easier for us to gain the knowledge you have.

Just a question, i always thought that when you use translucency, the translucency color was the backside of the thin polygon? Why do you setup a front/back material than in the diffuse slot?
Or do i misinterpretthe front/back material?

Thanks!

Not sure I follow you correctly, but:

The front/back in Diffuse slot would be there even if the leaf wasn't translucent at all. That's not the color you see against the light, that's the physical color of that surface. Leaves have different surface on top (facing the sun) and the bottom of the leaf.

The translucency slot (back when I did this with version 1.0. there wasn't translucency level slot, only single one), influences what happens when the light travels through the leaf. It simulates the "inside" of the leaf, the so called subsurface scattering, and leaf looks the same against light/sun no matter which side you hold it against.

What you describe, is what happens with Vray2Sided shader, which imho is good only for simulating paper at best.

Transparency =/= Translucency.

2015-10-14, 19:12:40
Reply #357

Torsten

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Juraj for the extensive explanation, really helps me figure out what kind of map to put where!

2015-10-17, 15:15:02
Reply #358

filipskrzat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Juraj thank you very much for sharing your approach to vegetation materials :)

I would love to see your way of creating cloth materials in corona :D

2015-10-17, 15:46:44
Reply #359

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
My cloth materials... ? There are super primitive, if I post them someone will point at me again why I don't do it smart and complicated like real pros.

But I have one sofa I am proud of :- ) I thought I did the velvet effect pretty smartly... it's still primitive but I can illustrate on that. Or any other you are interested ?