Author Topic: One click/script to disable or enable all chaos scatter/proxy objects  (Read 1036 times)

2022-10-14, 14:12:20

mario3lhd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't know topic for this one, so i try with this one. I need held from anyone who knows a bit scripting.

Sometimes when I have too many chaos scatter or corona proxy objects in a scene - viewport gets laggy and also I can't render quickly some material testing because of the scene parsing. So I used cinema4d filter object, double click select to all chaos scatter objects and all chaos proxy objects - then I just tick enabled option to disable it. When I need more precise render I enable it later. This is ok solution but is there anyone who can make a script from that 4 steps? I would do it myself but I can't fine code for select all chaos scatter objects when I turn on script log. It would be time saver not to repeat same steps all over again.

If anyone would help I can screen record that 4 steps so you know exactly what I'm talking about.

2022-10-17, 09:53:17
Reply #1

Beanzvision

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hi, why not try using a display tag and enable visibility in just one click or change the display type of the scatters to dots to prevent viewport lag? Seems to be less clicks than running a script ;)

Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2022-10-17, 13:36:45
Reply #2

mario3lhd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for your reply.

Its a really good idea for viewport lag, but it does nothing when rendering. Still parsing time prevents me to do quick materials/scene edits..
For example - surfacespread has that option (enable/disable surfacespread). Its a pretty useful feature.

2022-10-17, 14:02:53
Reply #3

Beanzvision

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Thanks for your reply.

Its a really good idea for viewport lag, but it does nothing when rendering. Still parsing time prevents me to do quick materials/scene edits..
For example - surfacespread has that option (enable/disable surfacespread). Its a pretty useful feature.

Are you referring to IR though? It certainly works for me when rendering ;)

Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2022-10-27, 13:44:55
Reply #4

mario3lhd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for testing. This is a feature I never paid attention to. It works in regular render - but in IR it doesn't work - and if I want to fix/change material - I prefer to tweak it in IR.

Please consider this feature - as I mentioned surfacespread is a plugin that does only scattering and they found it really important.

I don't want to wait for a minute because of scene parsing to make a variation of material. And I also don't want to wait until the end of the project to put vegetation in scene.

I hoped someone will give me 2 lines of code for this but no such luck. My fault - this is not help topic - its a feature demand.

Anyway, thank you once again.