Author Topic: Another DR Problem  (Read 5249 times)

2015-02-27, 14:10:54

Mr.Schorsch

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • fokuspunkt
Hi

First of all... thank you for this great Product!!!!

I have a Problem with getting the DR running. Like most People i have runned out max 2014 Trial Versions on my slaves. I tried to follow your intructions to make it work without a GUI but it is still not working.

If  i search for the slaves in my max2014, they were shown. But after the first update interval during render ist reporting a FAILURE.

If i look at the slave's Screens it seems like they are about to start but then stop. And the DR window says the are ready for a new Job.

Please Help

2015-02-27, 14:28:11
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
See the files "drdata/MaxLog.txt". There should be some kind of error displayed
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-03-03, 10:04:21
Reply #2

Mr.Schorsch

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • fokuspunkt
Thank you for the fast reply. Checking the log file showed that i forgot to install v ray on the slaves. And due to the fact that i use V ray HDRi and V ray Cam max could not open the Scene.

But now there is a bigger Problem.

It all worked fine. I thaught. This night i set up an Animation. Just 10 Frames all in all. The cam Position was fixed. Just the objekt was switching. No Motion blur or anything.

i prefer this way for batch render produktshots rather than setting them all up in different scenes via Backburner.

Now the Thing is, that one machine always sent passes from the first Frame to the Hosting pc. Wich caused that i have a transparent  ghost of the first Produkt (first Frame) in all of my renderd Images. But not even completly... it is mostly sliced in horizontal. It Looks like the Transport of the passes from one slave to my machine is not working correctly.

Thanks

2015-03-03, 17:15:49
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
it looks like a problem I once solved before is back. This scene looks simple enough, can you upload it for me (http://corona-renderer.com/upload) so I can debug it and release a hotfix?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-03-03, 17:20:48
Reply #4

Mr.Schorsch

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • fokuspunkt
Today i am in a rush with the other part of this Project. I hope i am able to send you the file tomorrow.
Do you whant the Scene as an Archive send via mail or we Transfer?

You guys are doing a realy good Job here. Thanks

2015-03-03, 17:21:54
Reply #5

Mr.Schorsch

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • fokuspunkt
Sorry for the upload question... you already answerd it.

2015-03-05, 11:07:58
Reply #6

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
[...] and release a hotfix?

+100!

Related/same:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,7145.msg48043.html

Bugtracker:
https://corona-renderer.com/bugs/view.php?id=776

Attached is the simplest example scene demonstrating this bug: A cube, one animated cam. Result of frame 5 is a mix of frame 4 and 5 (see jpg). The passes are set very high to get at least something from a slave.

I´m SURE it´s just one line somewhere in the code to change, please do ;)

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2015-03-09, 18:19:55
Reply #7

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
ok, got it. This happens ONLY when using list of frames, not range. I will release a hotfix for DR server later (probably today)

2015-03-09, 21:59:57
Reply #8

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Fixed (hopefully... please test ;)) - see the folder "2015-03-09 DR server" here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mswauuv1afec8am/AAA5OKrd_QujokDM3mxQ7S40a - just replace the executable on your render nodes
« Last Edit: 2018-03-12, 15:25:06 by maru »

2015-03-10, 11:18:04
Reply #9

Mr.Schorsch

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • fokuspunkt
Sorry that i did not upload my Scene, but i was super busy the last week. But obviously you found the solution without it.

Indeed i renderd just selected Frames. I will give the hotfix a try. Thank you guys.

2015-03-10, 11:38:17
Reply #10

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
WORX! 1.000 thanks, NOW Corona is in fact production ready for us ;)

2015-03-10, 13:19:01
Reply #11

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
yes, I needed only one scene to identify why it never happened to me - there is internally huge difference between using "frames 4,5" and using "range 4-5". Some command line switches do not work with the first option...

3dsmax...

2015-03-16, 13:43:32
Reply #12

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
I suspected that, that´s why I moved the render setup window into this
bugtracker screenshot

3dsmax...

... is an old but beloved donkey mate who deserves to die in honor some day.

Thanks!