Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

Exporting to CProxy with multiple animated objects

(1/2) > >>

aaouviz:
I keyframed multiple objects to be animated.

I want to export those pieces as a single animated proxy, but I can't do it (but obviously I can if it's multiple proxies).

Now I'm stuck... I've gone to the effort of animating them, but ideally I'd like to use it in my scene as a proxy but can't unless I re-do all the animation as an animated edit poly within the single poly first, then export the animated proxy from there.

What are my options? What am I missing?

Thanks for any tips!

Aram Avetisyan:
You can easily File > Save Selected these objects (meshes, proxies, anything) and save as a separate 3ds Max file.
Then you can Xref it in the other one.

Do you actually need them to be proxies specifically? XRef will give you great versatility of object and visibility manipulation, keep the layers, reduce file size, plus you can always open it and do additional changes if necessary.

aaouviz:
Thanks,

I did think of this.

I know I can test this myself, but I'm super pressed for time right now, so I'll ask you;

The reason I want it as a proxy is because I want to then path animate it. Is this somehow possible with that workflow you described?

Thanks.

Aram Avetisyan:
Of course.

With XRef you have a fully compatible 3ds Max file and you can do anything with it.
Proxy will just limit it to some degree.

romullus:
I never had much luck with xrefs - every time i would move xref'ed objects, it would work for some time, but then i open the scene next time and find those objects fly away to some arbitrary positions. Either i don't understand how xref's work, or they are not very reliable by nature. Anyway, if you want to merge multiple animated objects into one, i would suggest to try skin wrap and then record point cache file. You can even make proxy from that point cached object. The only downside i can think of, is that if you will want to edit animation, you will need to record new point cache file, but usually that's quick and easy operation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version