Author Topic: Chaos Corona 9 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 42899 times)

2022-06-01, 09:15:16

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Chaos Corona 9 for 3ds Max Daily Builds Discussion

You can grab the latest build from: Daily Builds Changelog
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2022-06-25, 17:54:52
Reply #1

CharlyRT

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Dont know if someone has checked this but, the file for the last Daily "corona-9-3dsmax-daily-2022-06-09" isnt avaiable, it says that the file has been erased

2022-06-27, 03:06:25
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It's working fine here, can you check again?
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-06-27, 03:10:28
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
As a note, this was just a pre-release of Corona 8 HF 1, so it is still better to just download the final Corona 8 HF1 anyway, from https://corona-renderer.com/download

2022-06-27, 18:30:51
Reply #4

CharlyRT

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for answering Tom, I have already checked again and the message its still there, but my mistake, I didnt read that this changes has been placed on Corona 8 HF1, so.... sorry for the inconvinience.

2022-06-27, 18:40:11
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
No inconvenience at all - for one thing, we need to find out why that is happening for some people with the link (even if the link itself is no longer needed due to HF1), so it was good to have this reported!

2022-07-11, 18:24:36
Reply #6

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi ,
what are the differences between Corona8 hotfix2 and corona8 hotfix1 for 3ds max?

thanks

2022-07-11, 18:38:41
Reply #7

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi ,
what are the differences between Corona8 hotfix2 and corona8 hotfix1 for 3ds max?

thanks

Corona 8 Hotfix 1 changelog: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=37006.0

Corona 8 Hotfix 2 changelog: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=37319.0

Basically, Corona 8 Hotfix 1 had a bug which resulted in a crash under specific circumstances. This is fixed in Hotfix 2.

Also, please note that this thread is meant for Corona 9 daily build discussion. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-07-12, 09:19:42
Reply #8

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for answer,

Also, please note that this thread is meant for Corona 9 daily build discussion. :)
..."Corona8 Daily build discussion" and "corona8 daily builds changelog" are closed.

2022-07-12, 20:14:08
Reply #9

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi dev.team, could you please add support to showing multisub maps in viewports.
I mean the only one map is shown in the viewport while several maps applied with different IDs.
Thanks

2022-07-13, 08:48:44
Reply #10

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Testing out Corona Pattern.

Omg, love it! Already amazing and stable from my first experiments.
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2022-07-13, 12:01:25
Reply #11

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In fresh DB I can't enter tonmapping values in VFB using the keyboard (see the attachment), after pressing enter, the values return to their original state, the spinner works as expected

CoronaPattern works like a charm, I only have 2 questions:

1) is it possible to add a random rotation option, this would come in handy when scattering grass samples

2) Is it possible to add a scaling option (in order to get an overlap of individual patterns and not cut them strictly in a rectangle)
however, as far as I understand, point 2 is not feasible in the current realities

2022-07-13, 13:33:12
Reply #12

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
In fresh DB I can't enter tonmapping values in VFB using the keyboard (see the attachment), after pressing enter, the values return to their original state, the spinner works as expected
Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. It seems to be to do with the , delimter. As a workaround you can change the delimter in Windows to a . and it will function correctly. We hope to have this fixed soon :)

Cheers,

Rowan

(Internal ID=930143568)
Send me your scene!

2022-07-13, 13:57:22
Reply #13

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
CoronaPattern works like a charm, I only have 2 questions:

1) is it possible to add a random rotation option, this would come in handy when scattering grass samples

2) Is it possible to add a scaling option (in order to get an overlap of individual patterns and not cut them strictly in a rectangle)
however, as far as I understand, point 2 is not feasible in the current realities

Please post your impressions, reports and requests about Corona Pattern in this topic: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=37437.0 so they don't get lost here.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-07-14, 13:26:22
Reply #14

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
First of all, thank you very much for this guys! Really exciting and unexpected feature to have in Corona. After short amount of testing, i found some issues and have few requests for improving, which i'd like to share here.

Issues
  • crop box disappears in viewport when you zoom closer to it, making fine adjustments very hard
  • when random offset is not 0, then slightest touch to the pattern node is changing random seed, making the pattern quite unpredictable

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.
1. Could it be because of viewport clipping, scene units, or the scene being far from origin? Crop box never disappeared for me when zooming in. Can you try with orthographic view and see if zooming very close to crop box make it disappear.
2. This is already reported, thanks
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2022-07-14, 14:40:32
Reply #15

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
1. Could it be because of viewport clipping, scene units, or the scene being far from origin? Crop box never disappeared for me when zooming in. Can you try with orthographic view and see if zooming very close to crop box make it disappear.

We've had discussion with Rowan about this and it seems like it's caused either because of my 3ds Max version, or more likely because specific issues with my OS. Thanks for looking at this nonetheless.

2022-07-17, 11:06:10
Reply #16

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona VFB won't change Tone Mapping parameters my typing digits and enter, works only by spinners

2022-07-18, 09:15:32
Reply #17

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona VFB won't change Tone Mapping parameters my typing digits and enter, works only by spinners
Hi,

This has already been reported and we are working on a fix. Please see my earlier message for a workaround..

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. It seems to be to do with the , delimter. As a workaround you can change the delimter in Windows to a . and it will function correctly. We hope to have this fixed soon :)

Cheers,

Rowan

(Internal ID=930143568)

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-07-29, 09:21:47
Reply #18

cgiout

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello guys, weird thing is happening with hdri map loaded into enviroment slot.
Setting corona bitmap U tiling to -1, the dome appears inverted into the enviroment (the same obviously with the value set to 1).
So corona dome projection and env dome projection are always opposite to each other.

2022-08-04, 15:11:27
Reply #19

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, where can I post feedback about Chaos Scatter?
CS losing instanced objects on Max's Batch rendering (CS instances clipped by camera in the option Camera Clipping - Enable Active render camera).

2022-08-04, 15:36:31
Reply #20

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, where can I post feedback about Chaos Scatter?
CS losing instanced objects on Max's Batch rendering (CS instances clipped by camera in the option Camera Clipping - Enable Active render camera).

In the dedicated Scatter section of the forum, e.g. the Scatter Max bug reporting thread is there at https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?board=55.0

2022-08-04, 16:31:10
Reply #21

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2022-08-04, 16:44:08
Reply #22

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Most welcome!

2022-08-16, 16:27:07
Reply #23

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
Installed max 2023.1 today with the current corona daily (v9 aug 2). Is anyone else having issues with laggy performance when using the IR in the frame buffer and Forestpack? I get a lot of lag/hanging when trying to move the camera around while IR is active. Both with and without the fast preview denoise activated.

FP (v.7.4.3) is only around 400 trees on a flat plane. Nothing fancy.

If I hide the FP object, IR performes as I'm used to.

Can't share scene due to NDA. But can try and do a test scene tomorrow if needed.
My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog

2022-08-16, 17:11:51
Reply #24

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Installed max 2023.1 today with the current corona daily (v9 aug 2). Is anyone else having issues with laggy performance when using the IR in the frame buffer and Forestpack? I get a lot of lag/hanging when trying to move the camera around while IR is active. Both with and without the fast preview denoise activated.

FP (v.7.4.3) is only around 400 trees on a flat plane. Nothing fancy.

If I hide the FP object, IR performes as I'm used to.

Can't share scene due to NDA. But can try and do a test scene tomorrow if needed.
Hi,

If you have a repro scene, I'd appreciate it. I will PM you a link to upload the files to me.

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-08-17, 10:47:30
Reply #25

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform

Hi,

If you have a repro scene, I'd appreciate it. I will PM you a link to upload the files to me.

Cheers,

Rowan

I tried to recreate this in a new scene with exactly the same setup of proxies etc, but IR works fine here. It's only in the other max file the issues persist, so I will just continue work in the new file. Very odd.

*UPDATE* So just working for half an hour or so on the scene suddenly the IR performance went laggy again. But only with the simple FP object visible. I haven't added or changed anything, just moved camera around to find views. If I keep orbiting around with the camera (or just in perspective view) with FP visible, it freezes exactly every 3 seconds for exactly 3 seconds, then continues to orbit/move whatever I do for 3 seconds, freezes for 3 seconds. Repeat.

**UPDATE 2**
Disabling the "Limit to visibility" under Camera in the FP object fixed the IR issue - isn't this an old issue now I come to think of it?
« Last Edit: 2022-08-17, 12:26:35 by Jens »

2022-08-17, 13:31:38
Reply #26

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
You may encounter one of the last remaining issues of Corona with ForestPack when it comes to IR. Just try:

- Save your (test-) scene having a single viewport (ALT-W)
- Load that scene
- Test -> all should work ok (even with "Limit to visibility" enabled, Itoo did a good job here)

now:

- Press ALT-W so that you have more than one viewport and press ALT-W immediately again
- Now nothing seems to have changed you may think. Then:
- Test -> Now Corona requests mesh rebuilds through FPP API at every change of view
- The scene is "dirty" now and you can only restore the original (correct) behavior by reloading it

You can verify what's happening by setting FPP logging to "Debug" and monitoring max.log. Itoo cannot explain why Corona does it.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2022-08-18, 20:00:11
Reply #27

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

2022-08-19, 04:35:35
Reply #28

somayrah

• Active Users
  • Less is more
    • View Profile
Hello,

I tried the new cloud system in the last update and the notes are as follows:

1- The sun does not cast shadow with the clouds.
2- The sun is not covered by clouds and it is always in the foreground.
3- The interactive renderer is very slow and does not respond quickly when the cloud system is activated, and if it is not it responds well.
4- The sun disappear sometimes when you change the clouds parameters or move it.
5- The sun dose not change intensity and color with sky on automatic mode.
6- Cirrus amount effect is not working as expected even with high numbers.
7- Rays total and actual and sample amounts with clouds on reduced by 200 to 250 %, so the render speed reduced by twice or more. as well as the noise level is get higher by twice.

Best,

« Last Edit: 2022-08-19, 05:27:12 by somayrah »

2022-08-19, 10:19:46
Reply #29

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
3- The interactive renderer is very slow and does not respond quickly when the cloud system is activated, and if it is not it responds well.
6- Cirrus amount effect is not working as expected even with high numbers.
7- Rays total and actual and sample amounts with clouds on reduced by 200 to 250 %, so the render speed reduced by twice or more. as well as the noise level is get higher by twice.

I didn't notice any significant difference in 3ds Max responsiveness when IR is running with clouds ON vs OFF. Rays/s and samples/s are about 20-25% lower and rendering takes about the same amount slower with clouds, which i find to be perfectly acceptable price for the clouds.

Cirrus amount control has dramatic effect on clouds appearance in my tests.

2022-08-19, 10:45:43
Reply #30

88qba88

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Fast interior tests - the clouds seem to cast shadows, the effect is quite significant!
I've noticed that to bo see changes in the shadows after every change of cloud parameters I have to reset IR.

I love the effect on the light/mood in the interior renders!

2022-08-19, 15:51:49
Reply #31

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
At the moment the clouds look great, I haven't tested them with interiors but in general using the available options you can get a sane result

The sun behaves strangely, disappearing and reappearing in front of and behind the clouds.

I think the most important point is that the Volume effect treats clouds like any other Hdri map, drawing a uniform fill strip along the horizon line. I would like these 2 effects to work together without limitation. (see the attachment)

I didn’t notice any dramatic performance drops, I didn’t measure the exact comparison, but it feels like everything is fast enough

Thank you guys for listening to us and adding clouds in this development iteration)

PS I already mentioned in another topic, but I will repeat here, while I was testing clouds on this scene with the sea, I noticed that the fisheye camera cannot be used normally with displacement, subdivision culling does not work correctly and right in front of the camera, displacement does not give the desired level of subdivisions. Given that you added DOF for the fisheye camera, can you please fix that too.

PPS I will additionally mention that I did not manage to achieve an acceptable look of an almost evenly overcast sky, as if there is always not enough range of parameters, for example, I would gladly set the cirrus amount to more than 1.0.

Similarly, it would be convenient to be able to slightly randomize the position of the clouds in height relative to each other, if you set the "Altitude" parameter to a sufficiently high value, then the repeatability becomes clearly noticeable

It would be cool to have access to the parameters of the cloud shading itself, (make them more transparent without changing the thickness for example, or slightly change the parameters for scattering in them) + I would like to have a greater variety of real-life cloud shapes.
As a result, from all these parameters it will be possible to form presets (low cloudy / rainy / cirrus, etc., which can be used by ordinary users who do not like to "play"
« Last Edit: 2022-08-19, 16:15:12 by marchik »

2022-08-19, 22:12:36
Reply #32

BardhylM

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance
Wanted to thank the team for the good job on the new build with the clouds. It really adds to the customization of the scenes.

I tested it in simple scenes and I found out maybe a quirky thing happening. Yes, as some of the previous posters it was waaay to slow in IR when I turned on the clouds.
The thing is lately Ive been feeling like the IR was slow (with sun adjustments) and it was mentioned also in forum if I recall correctly, but I do not know if it was resolved.
And with these tests, even without clouds on I finally noticed that sun lags a lot while moving it, even without IR turned on. Many tests later I figured that the problem was somehow the "CoronaSky" map, more precisely the Sun Selection part.
Normally when the Sun is created, in the CoronaSky settings the Sun Selection option is on Manual on default and it selects automatically the created Sun.
In my tests when that option was on Manual but the Sun is not selected, and the option is "None", the lag is gone and the sun movement is very responsive. And the lighting of the sky is the same as it would be with the sun selected on Manual. This normally reduced the times on IR with the sky testing and also the cloud part. Yes it may me a little slower when you turn on the clouds, but not as it was with the problem above.

I do not know if it is a thing but it might be a good thing to check it!

-On how I "deleted" the selected sun (you can not clear the selected sun on Manual section), I just created a new sun on the scene, selected it manually and deleted it. It leaves the selection empty.

2022-08-19, 22:16:22
Reply #33

RecentSpacesSam

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey all,

I was curious what max version others are using on the latest daily build? I was hoping to test out the clouds but they don't seem to be rendering at all (unless I'm missing a trick here?)
Max 2022.3.3
Corona Daily 18 Aug 2022 - installed using "Unpack files" option and loaded in max via multi loader/.bat file

Steps taken:
Corona sun added to scene
"Add CoronaSky Environment"
Environment menu, right click map, Edit in SME
"Enabled Clouds"
Interactive render & production render - no clouds
All sky models tried
Automatic and manual sun selection tried

Seriously looking forward to being able to test this out!

2022-08-20, 03:01:09
Reply #34

somayrah

• Active Users
  • Less is more
    • View Profile
Wanted to thank the team for the good job on the new build with the clouds. It really adds to the customization of the scenes.

I tested it in simple scenes and I found out maybe a quirky thing happening. Yes, as some of the previous posters it was waaay to slow in IR when I turned on the clouds.
The thing is lately Ive been feeling like the IR was slow (with sun adjustments) and it was mentioned also in forum if I recall correctly, but I do not know if it was resolved.
And with these tests, even without clouds on I finally noticed that sun lags a lot while moving it, even without IR turned on. Many tests later I figured that the problem was somehow the "CoronaSky" map, more precisely the Sun Selection part.
Normally when the Sun is created, in the CoronaSky settings the Sun Selection option is on Manual on default and it selects automatically the created Sun.
In my tests when that option was on Manual but the Sun is not selected, and the option is "None", the lag is gone and the sun movement is very responsive. And the lighting of the sky is the same as it would be with the sun selected on Manual. This normally reduced the times on IR with the sky testing and also the cloud part. Yes it may me a little slower when you turn on the clouds, but not as it was with the problem above.

-On how I "deleted" the selected sun (you can not clear the selected sun on Manual section), I just created a new sun on the scene, selected it manually and deleted it. It leaves the selection empty.

I agreed with you regarding the bad performance when linking the sun with sky.
I tested with "non" and It works well but I think this need to fix in the future releases.

2022-08-20, 12:42:07
Reply #35

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Corona Daily 18 Aug 2022 - installed using "Unpack files" option and loaded in max via multi loader/.bat file

For those using multiloaders:
you have to copy "PrgCloudsModelData.dat" from the extracted installer files to \program files\corona\prgSkyModel"

Good Luck

2022-08-21, 18:48:45
Reply #36

RecentSpacesSam

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Amazing. I'll give this a try tomorrow morning!

Is there any compatibility issues with the "old" PRG sky model when copying the .dat file over or does it just not get loaded by Corona 8?

Thanks for the tip!

2022-08-22, 18:18:23
Reply #37

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
That file does not even exist in earlier versions, so judge yourself :)

Good Luck

2022-08-23, 23:16:58
Reply #38

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models

Thanks for sharing these findings! I just ran into the same issue where moving Corona sun was extremely slow and had to create new sky, because the sun can't be cleared from the selection box. Once that box is clear, everything is fast and responsive again. It would be nice if the devs could look into this issue and resolve it if possible for Corona 9.

2022-08-24, 16:23:10
Reply #39

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Hi,

Do you have the skymap in the 3ds max environment slot? It seems there is an issue where this causes some slowdowns right now.
I would advise to put the skymap into the Corona single map slot in the render setup for the time being.

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-08-24, 16:43:12
Reply #40

BardhylM

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance
Do you have the skymap in the 3ds max environment slot? It seems there is an issue where this causes some slowdowns right now.
I would advise to put the skymap into the Corona single map slot in the render setup for the time being.
Yes the map was on the Max's environment slot, I usually add it form sun setting button, for adding corona sky. But that may not be advisable for the time, as that seems to push that problem.
If you add the sky manually in the same slot (like romullus mentioned) it seems to work fine, also the same if you add it in the corona environment settings like you mentioned.
Maybe the problem is or starts with the option in the sun settings for adding corona sky environment.

Cheers

2022-08-27, 11:49:39
Reply #41

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
Good morning.
I am trying the new build on a max 2023 no updates on max. I have found it to be slow and the new clouds I have turned off, pretty as they are they completely slowed up rendering I found.
The usual, tried it  now can't go back on a project i am working on.
I found lots of issues with the project file also, and the material slots are crawling also.
Thank you for working on the daily builds, I am gratefull as I know they will be fixed eventually.

Phil
« Last Edit: 2022-08-27, 14:02:43 by Philip kelly »
Dell Precision T7910

2022-08-28, 13:53:07
Reply #42

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Not sure what " can't go back on a project i am working on." - do you mean you saved the project with Corona 9 daily? If so, never save an ongoing project with a daily without keeping a backup that uses the previous final release. Or do you mean that even after going back to an earlier Corona version and a scene properly saved with that earlier version, some things are now acting slowly?

For the clouds, would be interested to know your hardware and what you mean by "slowed up rendering" (a sample scene would be good) as we've found they have minimal impact on render times, especially with just a few clouds in the sky rather than a sky full of clouds, and the only slowness at present is the UI and moving the sun if the Corona Sky is in the Max Env Slot rather than in the Single Map slot of Corona.

2022-09-04, 20:54:26
Reply #43

las_Archviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
same here i can't download it because it says it doesnt exist

2022-09-05, 08:49:46
Reply #44

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
same here i can't download it because it says it doesnt exist

Hi,

I'm not sure what you are talking about here.. Can you provide some more info on what doesn't exist?

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-09-06, 17:42:31
Reply #45

jgalloway@pakglobal.com

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey, is there a direct link to the latest daily? 5/27/22 sound kind of old.

2022-09-06, 18:40:39
Reply #46

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

2022-09-08, 07:23:21
Reply #47

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Using the DB from yesterday (Sept 6).  Clouds seem snappier in IR but moving sun around in realtime is still significantly slower when the CoronaSky is in the 3ds Max environment slot rather than the 'Single Map' slot in render settings\Scene tab.  We're talking like a 3-4 second lag when in the 3ds max enviornment module on a fairly zippy threadripper.  Maybe it's related to viewport preview?   Which is cool by the way.  Or maybe this has always been the expected behavior and preferred workflow.  Either way just an FYI.

Cheers,
Daniel

2022-09-08, 08:19:13
Reply #48

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 - very slow

Good morning.
I am trying the new build on a max 2023 no updates on max. I have found it to be slow and the new clouds I have turned off, pretty as they are they completely slowed up rendering I found.
The usual, tried it  now can't go back on a project i am working on.
I found lots of issues with the project file also, and the material slots are crawling also.
Thank you for working on the daily builds, I am gratefull as I know they will be fixed eventually.

Phil

2022-09-08, 09:12:27
Reply #49

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey,

We are aware of this issue, and are looking into the cause of it.

For the time being we recommend using the Corona environment map slot instead of the 3ds environment map slot.

Cheers,

Rowan

(Internal ID=959669927)
Send me your scene!

2022-09-08, 13:48:51
Reply #50

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good morning guys, corona material previews show black on last daily

2022-09-08, 13:53:14
Reply #51

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

All fine here, can you share more details? Rather than "last daily" can you say which daily (in case you THINK it's the last, but there has been a newer one), which version of Max, were these existing materials in an existing scene or new materials in a blank scene, do you mean in Slate or Compact or both, does it actually render (ie your license is still active and isn't having an issue of some sort, which would prevent previews rendering too). Thanks!

2022-09-08, 14:00:38
Reply #52

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Another thing I can think of - is this with native Bitmap, Corona Bitmap, procedural map (noise etc), a mix, all 3?

2022-09-08, 14:55:16
Reply #53

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Also do check if default renderer for material editor is set to Corona and not something else.

2022-09-08, 15:16:18
Reply #54

Marcus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • The Subdivision
First try with the new Clouds System. Great work. Thanks!

One thing I notived: It seems that Corona is calculating caustics, even when the sun is covered by clouds.
I guess this should not be the case.

Best,
Marcus

2022-09-08, 15:24:28
Reply #55

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

One thing I notived: It seems that Corona is calculating caustics, even when the sun is covered by clouds.

Best,
Marcus

I see your sky still very bright from the sun, could it be that situation which creates those caustics in the second image?

2022-09-08, 15:55:26
Reply #56

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not in vewport, on maerials menu, latest daily build 09-06-22 max 2022 or 2023, dame result , here is an screenshot.

All fine here, can you share more details? Rather than "last daily" can you say which daily (in case you THINK it's the last, but there has been a newer one), which version of Max, were these existing materials in an existing scene or new materials in a blank scene, do you mean in Slate or Compact or both, does it actually render (ie your license is still active and isn't having an issue of some sort, which would prevent previews rendering too). Thanks!

2022-09-08, 15:58:20
Reply #57

Marcus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • The Subdivision
Hmm... don't think so. Generating caustics from environment is turned off.

Best,
Marcus

I see your sky still very bright from the sun, could it be that situation which creates those caustics in the second image?

2022-09-08, 16:04:58
Reply #58

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Not in vewport, on maerials menu, latest daily build 09-06-22 max 2022 or 2023, dame result , here is an screenshot.

Ah you mean in the Material Library specifically, not just material previews in (say) the Slate editor - in which case I can confirm this happens here too so I've let the devs know.

2022-09-08, 17:04:23
Reply #59

Skalpel3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Max 2023 Corona DB Sep 6.2022 Corona material Library not previewed, material visible in Slate and Classic Material Editor

« Last Edit: 2022-09-08, 17:10:05 by Skalpel3d »

2022-09-08, 18:04:47
Reply #60

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Max 2023 Corona DB Sep 6.2022 Corona material Library not previewed, material visible in Slate and Classic Material Editor

Same here.

2022-09-09, 12:24:51
Reply #61

Kris H

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Hi, thanks for all the reports, we've reproduced and logged this bug.
Kris
(Internal ID=961819189)
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us
Send me your scene

2022-09-09, 14:41:20
Reply #62

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Not sure if that would happen in other versions, but i found that in Sep 06 build if you reset render settings, then it would remove every single tone mapping operator from the stack, leaving it completely empty.

2022-09-09, 17:12:54
Reply #63

Skalpel3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The interactive mode is also working defectively, the different intensity of colors and exposure is in it than in the final render, I noticed this situation on subsequent versions of DB 9 on 3ds max 2022 and 2023

2022-09-09, 19:03:21
Reply #64

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
The interactive mode is also working defectively, the different intensity of colors and exposure is in it than in the final render, I noticed this situation on subsequent versions of DB 9 on 3ds max 2022 and 2023

Are you using new clouds? They are known to to have update issues in IR.

2022-09-10, 13:24:42
Reply #65

Skalpel3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The problem also occurs when using HDR

2022-09-12, 08:19:58
Reply #66

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Not sure if that would happen in other versions, but i found that in Sep 06 build if you reset render settings, then it would remove every single tone mapping operator from the stack, leaving it completely empty.
Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. We'll see what can be done.

EDIT: This is already fixed internally and will be released in the next daily.

Cheers,

Rowan

(Internal ID=962505284)
« Last Edit: 2022-09-12, 14:46:07 by rowmanns »
Send me your scene!

2022-09-12, 08:21:14
Reply #67

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey,

I'm not really sure what you mean. Which exact version are you testing? We fixed some IR issues in the daily buld 2022-09-06.

Can you maybe provide some screenshots or a screen recording?

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-09-12, 10:26:27
Reply #68

BardhylM

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance
Made some tests with the September 6th build and in comparing in history mode, when turned on the option "Show with original postprocessing" it shows the saved image as if the tone mapping is turned off.
As in the exposure and the other added parameters are not applied in the image when I compare with the non saved in history image.

I recreated in a fresh scene so maybe you can check it out too.

2022-09-12, 21:18:47
Reply #69

gentlestev

• Users
    • View Profile
can't get clouds to appear in the sky with sept. version, followed every setting used by Mr. Tom on YouTube illustration. help am using 3dsmax 2023

2022-09-12, 22:13:13
Reply #70

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
can't get clouds to appear in the sky with sept. version, followed every setting used by Mr. Tom on YouTube illustration. help am using 3dsmax 2023

Check the clouds playground topic, there are some reports about issues with some files required by the new sky model, not being copied to correct place if multi-loaders are used. Ther's also some workarounds listed before devs will issue proper fix. https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=37682.msg203067#msg203067

2022-09-13, 21:09:24
Reply #71

atembra

• Users
    • View Profile

Same here.

Same thing here

2022-09-13, 22:25:28
Reply #72

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm running the DB from September 6 and experiences way more crashes than normal.  They almost always occur when IR is running and I change a material or when assigning a material.  Everything freezes for about 30 seconds, and then the normal crash box pops up that says you can attempt save the scene but then it crashes even further (and doesn't let you save the scene) and I get a strange error about dotnetbrowser and a chromium crash.

Windows 10, Sept 6 build of Corona, Forest Pack, Max 2022 latest SP.

I'll try to get a dump file or create a duplicatable situation, but was just curious if anyone else is seeing similar behavior with any of the newer DB's.

Cheers,
Daniel
« Last Edit: 2022-09-14, 06:49:50 by danio1011 »

2022-09-14, 00:53:10
Reply #73

Afterglow

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Same here.

Same thing here

Still same issue here with 2022-09-13 daily

2022-09-14, 09:25:08
Reply #74

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Same here.

Same thing here

Still same issue here with 2022-09-13 daily
Hey,

It's still there because we didn't fix it yet ;)

Once we fix it, it will be mentioned in the changelog.

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-09-14, 09:25:55
Reply #75

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm running the DB from September 6 and experiences way more crashes than normal.  They almost always occur when IR is running and I change a material or when assigning a material.  Everything freezes for about 30 seconds, and then the normal crash box pops up that says you can attempt save the scene but then it crashes even further (and doesn't let you save the scene) and I get a strange error about dotnetbrowser and a chromium crash.

I'll try to get a dump file or create a duplicatable situation, but was just curious if anyone else is seeing similar behavior with any of the newer DB's.

Cheers,
Daniel
Hey,

I'm very interested in a scene where you can reproduce this. If you have one I can PM you a link to upload it to me.

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-09-14, 13:46:51
Reply #76

GeorgeK

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • George
    • View Profile

Cheers,
Daniel

Hi we've internally identified a similar issue, can you please clarify if you experience any backface artifacts/inconsistencies in viewport quality, also are you by any chance using "realistic materials with/without maps" on standard viewport quality?

(Internal id=962592703)
« Last Edit: 2022-09-14, 13:59:05 by GeorgeK »
George Karampelas | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona QA Specialist | contact us

2022-09-14, 14:20:37
Reply #77

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
We identified why the black material library previews are happening. As for the freeze bugs, please shoot some minidumps our way ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2022-09-14, 16:35:32
Reply #78

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Cheers,
Daniel

Hi we've internally identified a similar issue, can you please clarify if you experience any backface artifacts/inconsistencies in viewport quality, also are you by any chance using "realistic materials with/without maps" on standard viewport quality?

(Internal id=962592703)

Hah crazy!  Yes, I've had issues with my viewport since the last version or two as well.  I'll start seeing 'through' elements that I shouldn't.  I have to go to 'Flat Color' to fix it, but I was in 'Flat Color' before...so basically just hit that setting again.  And yeah I'm showing some textures in viewport.

The other bug that has gone along with this is a major lag in switching from shaded to wireframe (hitting F3.)  Going to shaded doesn't take so long, but going to wireframe almost hangs the machine for 30 seconds or so depending on the scene.  This is now gone again when going back to an earlier DB.

Was up half the night tracking down the culprit and installing old versions of 3DS Max to see if it was Autodesk's fault.  But yeah it turns out to be Corona.  I'm currently on the 8/2 daily build and viewport issues seem to be gone and so far no crashes...

I'll upgrade again later today and try and get you all a mini dump.  Definitely seems kind of viewport\material related though.  But who knows.

2022-09-14, 16:49:37
Reply #79

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hah crazy!  Yes, I've had issues with my viewport since the last version or two as well.  I'll start seeing 'through' elements that I shouldn't.  I have to go to 'Flat Color' to fix it, but I was in 'Flat Color' before...so basically just hit that setting again.  And yeah I'm showing some textures in viewport.

Same here - many issues with geometry display in viewports lately, that looks like viewport clipping, but it isn't. Switching between different shading modes helps, but usually only temporary.

2022-09-14, 18:37:31
Reply #80

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok guys, got a minidump and uploaded it.  Ticket is #56513.

Let me know if you need anything else to troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks!
Daniel

2022-09-15, 14:58:59
Reply #81

kanyno

• Active Users
    • View Profile
corona material library in black preview windows, how to resolve this???

2022-09-15, 15:50:53
Reply #82

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good afternoon guys, testing latest daily build on 3dsmax 2023 and foud tow situations:

1. corona color picker doesnt work on secondary screen, both screens are same size, same resolution, same brand (apple studio display), connected to the same video card.
2. When i change a material type on the material editor slate mode, lets say it was 3dsmax standard or vray or corona legacy, and i right-click and set change material type to corona phisycal it doenst seem to be updating (also no wuite corners when aplied to element) so i have to close the maerial editor and open it again to update it.

Another question and this is not related to errors, i saw an fstorm tutorial and i saw a function that was very helpful, a vfb focus option, i dont knw if this is too complicated to implement but if you guys can then i thik it will help a lot the workflow for all users, i dont know if this is requested already (i assume it is) but just wanted to shaer my thougths, thank you as alwas for the great work.

2022-09-15, 15:52:42
Reply #83

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
corona material library in black preview windows, how to resolve this???
There was a bug in a 3rd party library after we updated it, fix is coming in next daily build
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2022-09-15, 16:19:14
Reply #84

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Adjusting any Corona material/map parameter causes noticeable micro-lagging. It doesn't matter if IR is running, or not. Decreasing material editor preview rendering quality in render settings doesn't help, however turning off material rendering in material editor itself, fixes the issue completely.

Build Sep 06
Windows 10
Ryzen 5950X

2022-09-15, 17:38:58
Reply #85

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Adjusting any Corona material/map parameter causes noticeable micro-lagging. It doesn't matter if IR is running, or not. Decreasing material editor preview rendering quality in render settings doesn't help, however turning off material rendering in material editor itself, fixes the issue completely.

Build Sep 06
Windows 10
Ryzen 5950X
It is probably caused by the same issue as the "slow slate material editor" bug. We know what is causing it and have scheduled a fix

2022-09-17, 23:02:31
Reply #86

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Same here - many issues with geometry display in viewports lately, that looks like viewport clipping, but it isn't. Switching between different shading modes helps, but usually only temporary.

I rolled back to the Aug-2 build due to the crashes mentioned above, but just FYI to the devs I am still experiencing the viewport issues (but not crashes) in the Aug-2 build as well.

2022-09-19, 02:06:58
Reply #87

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I would have thought 3DS max itself would also be responsible as I've always found the material editors slow especially after some time and when scenes get heavier... is that because Max uses 1 core dedicated to the editors?

Build Sep 06
Windows 10
Ryzen 5950X
It is probably caused by the same issue as the "slow slate material editor" bug. We know what is causing it and have scheduled a fix

2022-09-19, 09:33:36
Reply #88

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Well, i went back to Corona 8 and material editor is smooth again, or as smooth as it's possible in 3ds Max. And no more constant crashes when working with materials, yay! I miss all the goodies from V9 though and will be waiting for new build with the fix.

2022-09-20, 10:41:29
Reply #89

Kris H

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good afternoon guys, testing latest daily build on 3dsmax 2023 and foud tow situations:

1. corona color picker doesnt work on secondary screen, both screens are same size, same resolution, same brand (apple studio display), connected to the same video card.
2. When i change a material type on the material editor slate mode, lets say it was 3dsmax standard or vray or corona legacy, and i right-click and set change material type to corona phisycal it doenst seem to be updating (also no wuite corners when aplied to element) so i have to close the maerial editor and open it again to update it.

Another question and this is not related to errors, i saw an fstorm tutorial and i saw a function that was very helpful, a vfb focus option, i dont knw if this is too complicated to implement but if you guys can then i thik it will help a lot the workflow for all users, i dont know if this is requested already (i assume it is) but just wanted to shaer my thougths, thank you as alwas for the great work.

Hello,

Unfortunately I wasn't able to reproduce neither of those issues. Could you please send us video recording of both issues and your screen resolution?

Thank you in advance,
Kris
Send me your scene

2022-09-20, 10:55:12
Reply #90

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I have no issues with colour picker on the second screen, but can confirm the issues with changing material to Corona physical. On top of that, if that material is part of another sub-object material, sometimes it gets unhooked from it and i need to re-connect it. Not sure how much this is related to Corona and how much to 3ds Max itself - i only recently upgraded to modern version of 3ds Max and haven't figured out yet what's normal in it.

2022-09-20, 11:59:23
Reply #91

Kris H

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Best,
Marcus

Hi,

We've looked into this and the caustics are generated whenever the sun is in front of the clouds, if it is behind the clouds there can be small amount of caustics generated since there's still some light. If you don't want the caustics generated you can uncheck the Generate caustics option in the Modify tab of Corona Sun. Hope that helps :)

Kris
Send me your scene

2022-09-20, 12:37:59
Reply #92

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
God day Kris, here is the video that shows both situations, at the begining you can see the mateiral applied to an element and i change material type and it appears detached to the element, i have to close mat editor and open it again to work; at the end on the color picker im moving the cursor o the second screen, you can see the color turns black, sorry i dont have a screen recorder for both screens at one time.

Hello,

Unfortunately I wasn't able to reproduce neither of those issues. Could you please send us video recording of both issues and your screen resolution?

Thank you in advance,
Kris

2022-09-20, 16:14:56
Reply #93

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Fixed in the latest daily. You can grab it here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=36810.msg203570#msg203570

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-09-20, 16:18:17
Reply #94

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Cheers,
Daniel
Hi,

These crashes should be fixed now in the latest daily build. Can you please try it out and let me know if you still have issues?

You can grab it here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=36810.msg203570#msg203570

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-09-20, 16:28:51
Reply #95

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Cheers,
Daniel
Hi,

These crashes should be fixed now in the latest daily build. Can you please try it out and let me know if you still have issues?

You can grab it here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=36810.msg203570#msg203570

Thanks,

Rowan

Downloading now, thanks Rowan!

2022-09-21, 11:09:42
Reply #96

Kris H

• Active Users
    • View Profile
God day Kris, here is the video that shows both situations, at the begining you can see the mateiral applied to an element and i change material type and it appears detached to the element, i have to close mat editor and open it again to work; at the end on the color picker im moving the cursor o the second screen, you can see the color turns black, sorry i dont have a screen recorder for both screens at one time.

Hello,

Thank you in advance,
Kris
Hello,

Thank you for the video, I was able to understand and reproduce your second issue, regarding the change of material.
(Internal ID=967134757)
As for your first issue, are you by any chance connected to remote desktop on the other monitor? In that case the Color picker would be expected to not work on that screen.

Kris
Send me your scene

2022-09-21, 12:49:08
Reply #97

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Anyone else missing Chaos scatter?

It doesn't seem to install...
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D

2022-09-21, 16:48:31
Reply #98

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello Kris, no, im not running this by remote desktop or vnc, this is local feed, here is a screenshot of my display settings and video card.

VK

Hello,

Thank you in advance,
Kris
Hello,

Thank you for the video, I was able to understand and reproduce your second issue, regarding the change of material.
(Internal ID=967134757)
As for your first issue, are you by any chance connected to remote desktop on the other monitor? In that case the Color picker would be expected to not work on that screen.

Kris

2022-09-21, 17:12:13
Reply #99

Kris H

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hi,

I've tried clean Typical installation, Update and Custom options as well and Scatter installed for me every time and was functional. Have you tried installing the build again, optionally uninstalling and installing Corona again?

Kris
Send me your scene

2022-09-22, 00:51:18
Reply #100

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi
Unfortunately can't use two latest DBs (2022-09-13 and 2022-09-20) because of error I'm getting using IR.
I get a message that some bitmap was changed during the rendering and render had to be aborted (example attached). After that render stops. The thing is that I didn't change any bitmaps during the rendering.
This error repeats quite frequently with different "maps that were changed" and makes work with IR not efficient because IR has to be restarted again and again. So I reverted to the DB 2022-09-06 - it works without this error.

Max 2022.3. Win 10

2022-09-22, 07:56:18
Reply #101

user116

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi
Unfortunately can't use two latest DBs (2022-09-13 and 2022-09-20) because of error I'm getting using IR.
I get a message that some bitmap was changed during the rendering and render had to be aborted (example attached). After that render stops. The thing is that I didn't change any bitmaps during the rendering.
This error repeats quite frequently with different "maps that were changed" and makes work with IR not efficient because IR has to be restarted again and again. So I reverted to the DB 2022-09-06 - it works without this error.

Max 2022.3. Win 10

I'm getting this error also with DB 09.06 Max 2021 WIN 10

2022-09-22, 09:35:59
Reply #102

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Hi

Max 2022.3. Win 10

Yep, I'm also getting this error since updating to latest daily. Max 2023.1
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D

2022-09-22, 10:39:03
Reply #103

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hi all!

I've installed the latest build "chaos-corona-9-3dsmax-daily-2022-09-20" and last night I crashes/malfunction with the CIE app.
I had 8 CXR files to elaborate, once calculated I've opened the first one, I did my editing, saved it in TIFF 16bit and each time I was choosing another CXR to open the app was crashing/closing without giving any error. I've tried more times and I was having the same behavior. The only solution was to close manually the CIE and open it again for each image.

This happened to my home's workstation which has Win11.
Here in the office where we still use Win10 everything is fine and it works normally...

What could it be???

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2022-09-22, 10:49:53
Reply #104

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi

Max 2022.3. Win 10

Hey guys,

I have a couple of questions, are your textures stored locally or on some network drive/gdrive or something similar?

Are you able to send any of these scenes over to us? If so I can PM you a link to upload it to me.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-09-22, 11:19:29
Reply #105

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Hi

Max 2022.3. Win 10

Hey guys,

I have a couple of questions, are your textures stored locally or on some network drive/gdrive or something similar?

Are you able to send any of these scenes over to us? If so I can PM you a link to upload it to me.

Thanks,

Rowan

Textures are stored on Dropbox (I know, I know, this isn't really recommended).

Btw; this is happening during IR.
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D

2022-09-22, 11:28:59
Reply #106

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Can you see if this happens when the textures are stored loacally too?

Please also make sure that the dropbox folder in question is set to be "available offline" or however it is called.

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-09-22, 12:04:39
Reply #107

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D

Can you see if this happens when the textures are stored loacally too?

Please also make sure that the dropbox folder in question is set to be "available offline" or however it is called.

Cheers,

Rowan

The files are definitely located on the SSD (ie; available offline and not accessed via cloud), but it is possible that they were syncing at the time of error (but unlikely). Not sure if the error happens when Dropbox is paused.
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D

2022-09-22, 16:31:44
Reply #108

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all!

I've installed the latest build "chaos-corona-9-3dsmax-daily-2022-09-20" and last night I crashes/malfunction with the CIE app.
I had 8 CXR files to elaborate, once calculated I've opened the first one, I did my editing, saved it in TIFF 16bit and each time I was choosing another CXR to open the app was crashing/closing without giving any error. I've tried more times and I was having the same behavior. The only solution was to close manually the CIE and open it again for each image.

Here in the office where we still use Win10 everything is fine and it works normally...

What could it be???

Thanks,

Dionysios -
Hi,

Could you send me over a couple of the CXR files for evaluation? I couldn't reproduce this issue here. I will drop you a link to upload files to me via PM

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-09-22, 17:22:47
Reply #109

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Cheers,
Daniel
Hi,

Thanks,

Rowan

Hi Rowan - That crash is gone but has been replaced by another one that occurs when I'm moving geometry with IR running.  It blinks and hides all geometry for an instant and I only see my Corona sky for a second, and then crash to desktop.  Minidump uploaded to the same ticket #56513.

Thanks!
Daniel

EDIT:  Actually it seems to happen when I scale an object.
« Last Edit: 2022-09-22, 17:30:14 by danio1011 »

2022-09-22, 17:25:41
Reply #110

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Rowan - That crash is gone but has been replaced by another one that occurs when I'm moving geometry with IR running.  It blinks and hides all geometry for an instant and I only see my Corona sky for a second, and then crash to desktop.  Minidump uploaded to the same ticket #56513.

Thanks!
Daniel
Well that's some kind of progress :(

I will try to reproduce it here and let you know if I need more info.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-09-22, 21:38:33
Reply #111

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hi all!

What could it be???

Thanks,

Dionysios -
Hi,

Could you send me over a couple of the CXR files for evaluation? I couldn't reproduce this issue here. I will drop you a link to upload files to me via PM

Cheers,

Rowan

Thanks, I've sent you the files!

2022-09-23, 03:28:33
Reply #112

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi

Max 2022.3. Win 10

Hey guys,

Thanks,

Rowan

In my case all bitmaps are stored on local drives. After this post of yours I installed DB 2022-09-20 and working with it for some hours, but didn't get this error yet :) If I'll get it again I'll send you some example scene

2022-09-23, 10:42:42
Reply #113

user116

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi

Max 2022.3. Win 10

Hey guys,

Thanks,

Rowan

In my case the files are stored on the same machine but on network mapped drives.

2022-09-26, 01:05:23
Reply #114

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

Have you found any solution to this? I've noticed that I miss it too.
Uninstall and install didn't helped!

Thanks -

2022-09-26, 07:33:18
Reply #115

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D

Thanks -

This thread helped: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=37057.msg203605#msg203605

The instructions were a tiny bit unclear (the link to the file is at the bottom of the post). But I got it working without too much hassle.

Good luck
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D

2022-09-26, 08:55:06
Reply #116

triget

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have question about "Textures connected to CoronaPhysicalMtl, CoronaLegacyMtl, CoronaSkinMtl and CoronaHairMtl are now visualized in 3ds Max viewport (High quality viewport needs to be enabled)."

Are materials with triplanar also visible?

2022-09-26, 13:45:20
Reply #117

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

Thanks -

This thread helped: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=37057.msg203605#msg203605

The instructions were a tiny bit unclear (the link to the file is at the bottom of the post). But I got it working without too much hassle.

Good luck

Thanks! I'll try it too.

Take care!

2022-09-26, 14:16:37
Reply #118

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I have question about "Textures connected to CoronaPhysicalMtl, CoronaLegacyMtl, CoronaSkinMtl and CoronaHairMtl are now visualized in 3ds Max viewport (High quality viewport needs to be enabled)."

yes!

2022-09-27, 09:38:21
Reply #119

triget

• Active Users
    • View Profile

yes!

Great news! Good job.

2022-09-28, 17:16:39
Reply #120

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Small bug (I think) in the build from 9-27.  If you have IR running in a viewport, and you select your camera, goto Modify tab > Tone Mapping, say 'Copy from Global' and the override check box checks itself, and you goto 'Edit', it has no effect on the exposure until you restart IR.

Hopefully that explanation is clear.  Thanks!
Daniel

2022-09-28, 18:46:29
Reply #121

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Small bug (I think) in the build from 9-27.  If you have IR running in a viewport, and you select your camera, goto Modify tab > Tone Mapping, say 'Copy from Global' and the override check box checks itself, and you goto 'Edit', it has no effect on the exposure until you restart IR.

Daniel

Same problem here.

2022-09-28, 18:53:09
Reply #122

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I also have problems with Chaos Scatter not updating distribution changes on viewport or IR (see attached video)

I'm trying to distribute some chairs using Scatter grid pattern on a rectangle spline. However, changes in the spacing parameter are not updated. I have to pause and restart IR in order for the changes to appear on the viewport and render. Same happens when I move the rectangle spline. Scattered objects stay the same. Once again I have to restart IR to see the changes.

I'm on Max 2022.2 and Corona 2022-09-26.exe
« Last Edit: 2022-09-28, 19:00:01 by Basshunter »

2022-09-29, 09:46:28
Reply #123

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Daniel

Same problem here.
Hi,

Thanks for reporting this, I can reproduce it here too.

I have sent it on to the devs for investigation.

Cheers!

(Internal ID=971998687)
Send me your scene!

2022-09-29, 09:56:22
Reply #124

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I also have problems with Chaos Scatter not updating distribution changes on viewport or IR (see attached video)

I'm trying to distribute some chairs using Scatter grid pattern on a rectangle spline. However, changes in the spacing parameter are not updated. I have to pause and restart IR in order for the changes to appear on the viewport and render. Same happens when I move the rectangle spline. Scattered objects stay the same. Once again I have to restart IR to see the changes.

Hey,

So far I couldn't reproduce this, in my case the scatter seems to update correctly.

Maybe I have my scatter set up differently, could you send me over this scene? I will PM you a link to send it directly to me.

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-09-29, 12:17:31
Reply #125

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Ok, hear me out, I'm going a little crazy here. Corona Daily Sept 26, Max 2023.1, Windows 10.

I'm trying to do a background override. I've done this a million times in the past without much problem.

Currently the scene is quite basic, 2 materials (both CoronaPhysical) on a large imported file. Though now I'm also testing on a completely blank scene with nothing but sun (clouds disabled).

Problem #1: If I set the CoronaBitmap in the override slot with the image I want to use, I get an Nan error. Every time. If I use a different image, I get no error. If I downsize my original image, re-save, different extension, different format settings, I still get the Nan. Again, this is only happening for the image I WANT to use. If I test a random image, no error.

Problem #2: Often the background override doesn't work at all. Just black. If I choose the same image from a different folder... IT WORKS!? Yes, I am using Dropbox, but still, if I test the image in a different (non-dropbox) folder it works, but also works in different dropbox folders. Just the original folder doesn't work for some reason. Very, very weird.

I know this is all a bit hard to follow from my rambling, but I'm losing my sanity a bit here...

Any ideas?

Edit:
Problem 1: This seems to have something to do with ToneMapControl. If I plug this into the background override scene I get the NaN eror. If I then and unplug it, save, re-open the NaN is still an issue. If I never plug in a TonemapControl this isn't an issue.

Problem 2: It seems if I load an image, ANY image, while IR is NOT running, the background is black. Even if I restart IR, the image will remain black. If I change the bitmap input while IR IS running, the image appears as expected, even after a restart of IR. Very strange bug, hopefully reproduceable.
« Last Edit: 2022-09-29, 12:37:48 by aaouviz »
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D

2022-09-29, 12:33:48
Reply #126

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models

Check if your scatter object is set to update manually - ChaosScatter->viewport display->update automatically

2022-09-29, 16:39:18
Reply #127

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Ok, hear me out, I'm going a little crazy here. Corona Daily Sept 26, Max 2023.1, Windows 10.

I have started 2 support tickets for you (58843, 58844). Please check your inbox at i***@**********e.ee

2022-09-30, 13:53:43
Reply #128

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D

I have started 2 support tickets for you (58843, 58844). Please check your inbox at i***@**********e.ee

Great, thank you. I'm thinking it must be the scene... a lot more weird stuff going on! So I've sent you the archive (sorry it's so large).

Another example of weirdness happening in this scene, the bitmaps are corrupting somehow. See attached screenshot. The textures are rendering like this!

Edit; this seems to probably be resolved with the latest daily
« Last Edit: 2022-09-30, 19:28:51 by aaouviz »
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D

2022-10-03, 09:48:30
Reply #129

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Daniel

Same problem here.

Hi,

This is fixed in v9 RC1

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-10-03, 17:37:06
Reply #130

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile

Great, thank you. I'm thinking it must be the scene... a lot more weird stuff going on! So I've sent you the archive (sorry it's so large).

Another example of weirdness happening in this scene, the bitmaps are corrupting somehow. See attached screenshot. The textures are rendering like this!

I have continued in the support ticket. For me, the issue with wrong material editor thumbnails goes away as soon as I update the previews.

2022-10-04, 21:06:51
Reply #131

leo.birck

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i have some mistake happneing when i use "photographic exposure" in tonemapping during IR.
Every change during the IR  the  exposure reset to less then default (look like that ignore the Photographic exp set) and the frame buffer appear too dark (simple exposure on "zero")
but, if i unchek and check the photographic exposure the image bring normal again

Follow the print attached

1 before every change
2 when i changing the color of some stuff during of IR
3 when i uncheck the P.E
4 when i check again the P.E

2022-10-05, 00:18:46
Reply #132

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Devs

Latest Daily - when i try and import an asset from Chaos Cosmos, it crashes max (max 2023.2)
on new downloaded assets its worked fine, but when i download the 'shutters' assets it crashes max
« Last Edit: 2022-10-05, 00:31:07 by shortcirkuit »

2022-10-05, 12:53:59
Reply #133

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hi all,

with the latest build I've noticed that sending a job to Backburner, when the server starts the job all the Tonemapping settings turn back to reset.
I tried more than once and this is happening always.

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2022-10-05, 13:35:36
Reply #134

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Devs

Latest Daily - when i try and import an asset from Chaos Cosmos, it crashes max (max 2023.2)
on new downloaded assets its worked fine, but when i download the 'shutters' assets it crashes max
will be fixed in next RC

2022-10-05, 13:52:02
Reply #135

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i have some mistake happneing when i use "photographic exposure" in tonemapping during IR.
Every change during the IR  the  exposure reset to less then default (look like that ignore the Photographic exp set) and the frame buffer appear too dark (simple exposure on "zero")
but, if i unchek and check the photographic exposure the image bring normal again

1 before every change
3 when i uncheck the P.E

Same here! Just found out last night.

2022-10-05, 15:04:08
Reply #136

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

1 before every change
3 when i uncheck the P.E
Hi,

Thanks for reporting this to us. I can reproduce it here and we will look into it.

Thanks,

Rowan

(Internal ID=975410130)
Send me your scene!

2022-10-05, 15:25:39
Reply #137

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

with the latest build I've noticed that sending a job to Backburner, when the server starts the job all the Tonemapping settings turn back to reset.

Thanks,

Dionysios -
Hey,

I did a quick test here and it seems to work fine for me. Can you provide some more information and reproduction steps?

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-10-05, 15:44:33
Reply #138

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hi all,

Thanks,

Dionysios -
Hey,

I did a quick test here and it seems to work fine for me. Can you provide some more information and reproduction steps?

Thanks,

Rowan

I am really sorry but I don't know what extra steps give to you this time.
The process is classic and simple, I do my color correction and Tone Mapping settings in Max, send to Backburner, a Server gets the job and the result is calculated with all the Tone Mapping settings reset.

:(

2022-10-05, 15:48:54
Reply #139

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
I have something interesting happening here with the standalone CIE software.
I comunicated this bug a couple of weeks ago and I know the team is working on this probably but now, with the new latest Daily Build is happening also in the office but this time I get an error with text!

I attached 2 files:

Crash_CIE.jpg : The crash info appear after the CIE crashes.
Error_CIE.txt : I pasted the text in a file so you can take a look at it!

Basically I open the first image in CIE standalone, do all the necessary adjustments and saving my TIFF file, every time I click on the Open button and I try to load a second image > BOOM! Crash!

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2022-10-06, 12:44:29
Reply #140

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I comunicated this bug a couple of weeks ago and I know the team is working on this probably but now, with the new latest Daily Build is happening also in the office but this time I get an error with text!

I attached 2 files:

Basically I open the first image in CIE standalone, do all the necessary adjustments and saving my TIFF file, every time I click on the Open button and I try to load a second image > BOOM! Crash!

Thanks,

Dionysios -
Hi,

This is strange, it seems to be to do with the loading of tonemapping operators. We added the crash handler in RC1 to help with crashes like these..

I have a question with regard to the cxrs that you sent through, is the first one saved with the tonemapping pipeline which you are saving to tiff?

Would you be able to send some new ones through?

Lastly, we see in the stacktrace something strange. Do you have any UI automation tools installed?

Thanks,

Rowan
« Last Edit: 2022-10-06, 12:53:13 by rowmanns »
Send me your scene!

2022-10-06, 12:51:53
Reply #141

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

I attached 2 files:

Thanks,

Dionysios -
Hi,

This is strange, it seems to be to do with the loading of tonemapping operators. We added the crash handler in RC1 to help with crashes like these..

I have a question with regard to the cxrs that you sent through, is the first one saved with the tonemapping pipeline which you are saving to tiff?

Thanks,

Rowan

Thanks for getting back and my answer is: Yes it is! Same tonemapping pipeline.

2022-10-06, 12:57:52
Reply #142

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
when the server starts the job all the Tonemapping settings turn back to reset.

I know this is the "have you plugged in the device?" question but just to make sure: the BB server(s) also run the matching daily build?

Good Luck

2022-10-06, 13:12:31
Reply #143

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
when the server starts the job all the Tonemapping settings turn back to reset.

I know this is the "have you plugged in the device?" question but just to make sure: the BB server(s) also run the matching daily build?

Good Luck

Yes, all the servers + workstations use the same release!

2022-10-06, 14:30:11
Reply #144

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D

This weird bitmap texture issue is still remaining (including RC1). However, I noticed it only happens for CoronaBitmaps. If I convert them all to bitmaps this weird glitch doesn't happen.
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D

2022-10-06, 15:15:24
Reply #145

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
This weird bitmap texture issue is still remaining (including RC1). However, I noticed it only happens for CoronaBitmaps. If I convert them all to bitmaps this weird glitch doesn't happen.
Hi,

I think this is being continued in the support ticket, from initial investigation it is caused by the out of core textures feature.
I will let the support team continue the investigation there, so we just have everything in one place. Otherwise it will get really confusing.

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-10-06, 15:17:06
Reply #146

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

It looks like we have narrowed down the cause of this. It seems to be because of having windows text to speech enabled..

We have a fix for it in the pipeline and it should be included in RC3.

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-10-06, 15:35:26
Reply #147

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hi,

It looks like we have narrowed down the cause of this. It seems to be because of having windows text to speech enabled..

We have a fix for it in the pipeline and it should be included in RC3.

Cheers,

Rowan

Windows text to speech enabled...

Seriously? :D
How did you find that????

Well, good to know you traced the problem.

Thanks Rowan!

2022-10-06, 21:49:11
Reply #148

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've found a very weird problem in Corona R3. Some images are loaded totally off when using Corona Bitmap. They look Ok when loaded using Max standard bitmap though. Any idea what's going on?

2022-10-07, 01:41:20
Reply #149

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I've found a very weird problem in Corona R3. Some images are loaded totally off when using Corona Bitmap. They look Ok when loaded using Max standard bitmap though. Any idea what's going on?

Could you send us at least one of the problem images? Can do it via ticket (support.chaos.com/requests/new) if it can't be shared publicly on the forum.

2022-10-07, 03:14:16
Reply #150

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Could you send us at least one of the problem images? Can do it via ticket (support.chaos.com/requests/new) if it can't be shared publicly on the forum.

Will do.

I'm also having problem with some light materials rendering completely black when I go full screen on interactive renderer. As soon as I minimize the VFB windows, the light materials are rendered normal again. Super weird!

Edit: Regarding the light material problem, I also found that replacing the Corona Bitmap images connected to the light materials with some native Max images fixes the problem. So the problem is definitly related to the new Corona Bitmap.
« Last Edit: 2022-10-07, 03:49:47 by Basshunter »

2022-10-07, 03:59:44
Reply #151

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In this video you can see two of the problems I've reported.

1) When a Physical Exposure operator has been added to the camera tonemapping, Interactive renderer will render too dark. Once I enable and disable the operator, exposure gets back to normal. I have to do this every time I launch interactive renderer :c

2) Some Corona Bitmaps randomly renderer completely dark or just corrupted as shown in the video. Replacing them with some Max native images fixes de problem.

2022-10-07, 09:42:41
Reply #152

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
In this video you can see two of the problems I've reported.

1) When a Physical Exposure operator has been added to the camera tonemapping, Interactive renderer will render too dark. Once I enable and disable the operator, exposure gets back to normal. I have to do this every time I launch interactive renderer :c

2) Some Corona Bitmaps randomly renderer completely dark or just corrupted as shown in the video. Replacing them with some Max native images fixes de problem.
Hi,

Problem 1 we have fixed and will be included in RC3.

Problem 2, we cannot reproduce here yet. Would you be able to send the scene over to us? I will PM you a link to upload the scene to me.

Rowan

Send me your scene!

2022-10-07, 11:06:16
Reply #153

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform

I'm having issues with this too in RC1. So far it's only happened with Forestpack objects. I.e. loaded in trees. Turned them to proxies. Scatter with FP. Initially all renders fine. But later on it seems to "corrupt" the coronabitmap nodes. So They only load black bitmaps. I tried "reload" bitmap, remove and make new corona bitmap, but still black. Also tried to merge in the same tree and tell it to "use merged material", but still black corona bitmap.

The scene was sent to a render node that rendered it fine, and the problem seems to go away after restarting 3ds max and reopening the scene. So to it looks to be something corrupting going on in the single 3ds max instance.

2022-10-07, 12:33:52
Reply #154

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

I'm having issues with this too in RC1. So far it's only happened with Forestpack objects. I.e. loaded in trees. Turned them to proxies. Scatter with FP. Initially all renders fine. But later on it seems to "corrupt" the coronabitmap nodes. So They only load black bitmaps. I tried "reload" bitmap, remove and make new corona bitmap, but still black. Also tried to merge in the same tree and tell it to "use merged material", but still black corona bitmap.

The scene was sent to a render node that rendered it fine, and the problem seems to go away after restarting 3ds max and reopening the scene. So to it looks to be something corrupting going on in the single 3ds max instance.
Hi Jens,

Could you send this scene to us?

I will PM you a link to upload it to me.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-10-07, 12:51:50
Reply #155

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Same issue here with RC1 and RC2, the problem is random, the textures render fine but appear black on the material editor, on the viewport and when you click view image, most of them are 3k and up, this happens on different scenes with different maps (two scenes with similar maps, one black one perfect)

2022-10-07, 14:04:55
Reply #156

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Is everyone experiencing this using dropbox to store their maps?

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-10-07, 14:24:20
Reply #157

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
Hi,

Thanks,

Rowan

No, but maps are on network drive. (Can't send you scene as it's under a heavy NDA). It's hard to recreate as it seems to happen randomly.

2022-10-07, 15:15:38
Reply #158

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Thanks,

Rowan

No, but maps are on network drive. (Can't send you scene as it's under a heavy NDA). It's hard to recreate as it seems to happen randomly.
Okay thanks, and do you have your the texture cache stored in the default location?

Cheers!
Send me your scene!

2022-10-07, 16:46:17
Reply #159

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
haven't altered that location no, didn't even know that option excisted :) Just checked, it's same as yours with users/appdata etc

Seems to happen after working in the max file for a couple of hours. Attached is the result. Some bitmaps seem to still read okay, but most of them load black. Restarting max resolves the problem.

Seems to only happen to CoronaBitmap nodes. Not the standard max ones.

2022-10-07, 17:20:25
Reply #160

wesfraga

• Users
    • View Profile
Don't know if I am doing something wrong here but every time, I select corona in 3ds max my max crashes. Installed the latest Corona 9 daily build

2022-10-07, 17:22:32
Reply #161

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Don't know if I am doing something wrong here but every time, I select corona in 3ds max my max crashes. Installed the latest Corona 9 daily build

I will contact you through our support portal.

2022-10-07, 17:47:44
Reply #162

wesfraga

• Users
    • View Profile

I will contact you through our support portal.

Thanks so much Maru

2022-10-07, 18:35:56
Reply #163

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've found a very weird problem in Corona R2. Some images are loaded totally off when using Corona Bitmap. They look Ok when loaded using Max standard bitmap though. Any idea what's going on?

Will do.

I'm also having problem with some light materials rendering completely black when I go full screen on interactive renderer. As soon as I minimize the VFB windows, the light materials are rendered normal again. Super weird!

Edit: Regarding the light material problem, I also found that replacing the Corona Bitmap images connected to the light materials with some native Max images fixes the problem. So the problem is definitly related to the new Corona Bitmap.
« Last Edit: 2022-10-10, 08:35:20 by rowmanns »

2022-10-10, 13:22:28
Reply #164

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

To everyone experiencing the issue with corrupted textures, could you send me the following to https://upload.chaos.com/u/manns@corona-renderer.com

• The name of the map which has the problem
  • The texture stats file which is located here: "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\CoronaRenderer\textureStats.csv"
  • If possible the texture cache itself: "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\CoronaRenderer\ImageTextureCache"
  • And lastly the scene if possible.

Thanks for your patience and help with diagnosing this issue :)

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-10-10, 13:39:43
Reply #165

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
Noticed that the Tone Mapping in the framebuffer seems to reset in my scene. Has happened a couple of times now when I open the scene, start the interactive render and wonder why it just renders white - then notice Tone mapping settings has reset to the default ones and all values to default too - any one else?
RC2 build, max 2023.

2022-10-10, 13:40:52
Reply #166

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
Hi,

To everyone experiencing the issue with corrupted textures, could you send me the following to https://upload.chaos.com/u/manns@corona-renderer.com

• The texture stats file which is located here: "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\CoronaRenderer\textureStats.csv"
  • If possible the texture cache itself: "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\CoronaRenderer\ImageTextureCache"

Rowan

Will do this next time the bug happens :)

2022-10-10, 14:46:19
Reply #167

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Noticed that the Tone Mapping in the framebuffer seems to reset in my scene. Has happened a couple of times now when I open the scene, start the interactive render and wonder why it just renders white - then notice Tone mapping settings has reset to the default ones and all values to default too - any one else?
RC2 build, max 2023.
Hi,

Do you know which version of Corona the scenes were created in?

Secondly, are you able to send over any of these scenes?

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-10-10, 15:59:29
Reply #168

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Testing CR9 RC 2 with max 2021 currently, and it seems that using 'Show with original postprocessing' in the VFB history switches tone mapping off completely.. or even darkens output, not sure, but it's definitely not using the tone mapping nodes used when image was saved to history.
This is an older v7 scene and tone mapping was not reset, maybe that's the problem. But in any case, it should work with whatever the tone mapping config was when the image was saved to history.

2022-10-10, 17:39:30
Reply #169

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Testing CR9 RC 2 with max 2021 currently, and it seems that using 'Show with original postprocessing' in the VFB history switches tone mapping off completely.. or even darkens output, not sure, but it's definitely not using the tone mapping nodes used when image was saved to history.
This is an older v7 scene and tone mapping was not reset, maybe that's the problem. But in any case, it should work with whatever the tone mapping config was when the image was saved to history.

Can confirm, it's like wrong gamma or something. I had this yesterday on clean new scene, so nothing to do with legacy or reset.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2022-10-10, 18:21:03
Reply #170

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Rowan

Sent

Unfortunately I couldn't find the "textureStats.csv" file you mentioned in your post.

I'm also attaching a video here where you can see two problems:

1) The image render out dull or darker in the VFB at some resolutions.
2) The image renders out completely dark in the VFB at full resolution.

This is not gonna be easy to to hunt because once you close the scene and open it again, the problem gets solved temporally. After that you have to wait for it to randomly appear again. Really hope you can figure it out. If you need something else from me just let me know.
« Last Edit: 2022-10-10, 18:25:48 by Basshunter »

2022-10-10, 18:50:48
Reply #171

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
@pokoy

Thanks for reporting this. Reproduced here (Internal ID=977754104)

@Basshunter
Thank you for the extra information and the scene itself! It is a really frustrating issue, I still can't reproduce it here and I'm trying to think of some other bits of information that we might be missing.

Which version and build # of windows are you using?

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-10-10, 18:57:57
Reply #172

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@pokoy

Thanks for reporting this. Reproduced here (Internal ID=977754104)

@Basshunter
Thank you for the extra information and the scene itself! It is a really frustrating issue, I still can't reproduce it here and I'm trying to think of some other bits of information that we might be missing.

Which version and build # of windows are you using?

Cheers,

Rowan

I'm on Windows 10, build 17763.3406

2022-10-10, 23:54:46
Reply #173

Majeranek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Guys, why the Pattern: Grid option in ChaosScatter is now missing? It's kinda useful, especially fur rugs, etc.

edit: it's visible now. Don't know what happened..
« Last Edit: 2022-10-11, 00:04:05 by Majeranek »
marjoramstudio.com Website
be.net/filipmalecki Behance Portfolio
Instagram Instagram Profile

2022-10-12, 15:26:24
Reply #174

Jacinto Monteiro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Please check screenshoot.
I have daily built 9 installed.
corona sun and sky environment done.
clouds cant be enabled because nothing appears in the environment menu regarding clouds.

hopefully someone can tell what i am doing wrong.
im feeling a little bit dumb here hehe.
 really looking forward for this new feature.

cheers,
Jacinto

2022-10-12, 15:29:29
Reply #175

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey!

Clouds weren't in that daily build, they were introduced later.

You should install RC3 :)

You can find it here:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=36810.msg204365#msg204365

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-10-12, 15:41:25
Reply #176

Jacinto Monteiro

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2022-10-12, 19:44:06
Reply #177

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Installed RC4 and instantly got a weird bug. After every save of any file Max would crash. I'd get the error which asks to attempt to save a backup.

Reverted back to RC3 and the problem does not persist.

Max 2023.1, Windows 10. Corona RC4
« Last Edit: 2022-10-12, 19:50:32 by aaouviz »
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D

2022-10-12, 19:59:22
Reply #178

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Did you send in the minidump, always pretty vital in us quickly diagnosing a crash (can send it to support.chaos.com/requests/new , thanks!)

2022-10-12, 20:58:30
Reply #179

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Didn't know a R4 had been released. I guess the Corona Bitmap issue could not be fixed, right? :C

2022-10-13, 09:44:06
Reply #180

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Installed RC4 and instantly got a weird bug. After every save of any file Max would crash. I'd get the error which asks to attempt to save a backup.

Reverted back to RC3 and the problem does not persist.

Max 2023.1, Windows 10. Corona RC4

This is now logged and we are investigating with top priority.

2022-10-13, 11:52:59
Reply #181

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Didn't know a R4 had been released. I guess the Corona Bitmap issue could not be fixed, right? :C
Hi,

It was caused by the out of core textures and right now we still didn't manage to reproduce it consistently in the office, so the safest option is to have it switched off by default in v9.

We will switch it back on in the v10 daily builds and be sure to have it working 100% in the future.

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-10-13, 12:23:11
Reply #182

Jacinto Monteiro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey!

You can find it here:

Rowan

Thanks so much for the help!

Working fine now. Lovely!

Just my 2cents. Corona Sun doesnt seem to be affecting clouds volume light and shadows. What i mean is that if i only increase/decrease sun light intensity, the clouds seem to look the same.

2022-10-13, 13:34:28
Reply #183

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Hey!

You can find it here:

Rowan

Thanks so much for the help!

Working fine now. Lovely!

Just my 2cents. Corona Sun doesnt seem to be affecting clouds volume light and shadows. What i mean is that if i only increase/decrease sun light intensity, the clouds seem to look the same.

Set your sun setting to 'automatic' in the environment texture settings. This should fix it
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D

2022-10-13, 16:22:18
Reply #184

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

It was caused by the out of core textures and right now we still didn't manage to reproduce it consistently in the office, so the safest option is to have it switched off by default in v9.

We will switch it back on in the v10 daily builds and be sure to have it working 100% in the future.

Cheers,

Rowan

Did you manage to reproduce it at least once?

2022-10-14, 17:14:09
Reply #185

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is there a way to make the docked viewport IR show lightmix?  Right now it seems to default to Beauty and I can't find a way to change it.  Could have sworn it used to goto LM before switching to these recent DBs but maybe I'm misremembering...

Thanks!
Daniel

2022-10-14, 17:20:04
Reply #186

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Is there a way to make the docked viewport IR show lightmix?  Right now it seems to default to Beauty and I can't find a way to change it.  Could have sworn it used to goto LM before switching to these recent DBs but maybe I'm misremembering...

Sorry, but this is not possible. It's a very popular feature request though. :)

2022-10-14, 19:59:26
Reply #187

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile
High Quality Denoising is taking wayyyyy more than in any other version that I can remember? Almost a min for the last image I generated.

Did you make any change to the denoiser?

2022-10-14, 22:14:53
Reply #188

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Nope, no changes to the denoiser.

2022-10-14, 22:35:02
Reply #189

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
High Quality Denoising is taking wayyyyy more than in any other version that I can remember? Almost a min for the last image I generated.

Make sure you're comparing denoising of similar resolution images and equal amount of render elements, such things can easily slip from one's attention, but may have major impact on denoising time.

2022-10-15, 01:05:40
Reply #190

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Make sure you're comparing denoising of similar resolution images and equal amount of render elements, such things can easily slip from one's attention, but may have major impact on denoising time.

Does lightmix has impact on the denoiser time? That's the only thing I'm doing different in this scene.

2022-10-15, 09:42:56
Reply #191

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Yes of course. If denoising is enabled for lightmix, then each lightmix layer will be denoised separately and will add to overall denoising time. Denoising of ten layers deep lightmix will take 10 times longer compared to the image without lightmix.

2022-10-15, 15:01:54
Reply #192

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Got it. That must be the reason then. Never used so many lights in Lightmix before. I was just worried that it was something related the new Corona version.

2022-10-15, 19:22:07
Reply #193

Jacinto Monteiro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Noticed that 3d assets are not fully downloading from the Cosmos now.

Its stalls randomly at 50-75% and doesnt move. Saves an empty paste in the hard drive and 3d asset doesnt merge to the scene.

Started happing after installing Corona 9 RC3

2022-10-17, 10:48:34
Reply #194

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Noticed that 3d assets are not fully downloading from the Cosmos now.

Its stalls randomly at 50-75% and doesnt move. Saves an empty paste in the hard drive and 3d asset doesnt merge to the scene.

Started happing after installing Corona 9 RC3

I could not reproduce anything like that. Could you try uninstalling Corona and installing it again?
If that doesn't help, can you share here names of 2-3 assets where this is happening to you?