11 (1.9%)
Exporter Blender -> Corona standalone
112 (19.2%)
Maya
67 (11.5%)
Houdini
78 (13.4%)

Total Members Voted: 578

Author Topic: Which 3D soft to integrate into next?  (Read 305216 times)

2014-09-28, 09:18:56
Reply #135

Wickedpup

• Users
    • View Profile
No, I'm not a native english speaker. And yes, that is the definition of the word:
to accept or regard (something) as true
to accept the truth of what is said by (someone)
to have (a specified opinion)

Assumption however:
an assuming that something is true
a fact or statement (as a proposition, axiom, postulate, or notion) taken for granted

My main point was that without factual numbers your statements are no more valid or no less a "dream" (your words) than mine. And I have never said that they had more users than C4D, only that I believe Modo has more than LW....
Cheap or not...there are already Modo and LW users moving that way......
« Last Edit: 2014-09-28, 11:54:56 by Wickedpup »

2014-09-28, 13:42:15
Reply #136

Pavlov

• Users
    • View Profile
Regarding some LW users saying "they dont need Vray" - this is true, some said it and keep saying it.
But remember LW userbase is pretty strongly split between hobbyists and pros.
Despite it's age-ness, LW has still some very strong points in archviz arena, so there's a not so small number of archviz users using it.
The large part of hobbyists (which are the ones who post the most on NT forums) are pretty much conservative regarding anything, in fact there are other flames going on for years regarding several other aspects of the software (it's ok as it is now VS we need deep changes).
Consider also that hobbyist userbase part went to LW because of price reasons and some of them are pretty much against everything has a high price, because they wouldnt get paid back from the investment. Vray is quite costly as renderign solution (probably the most costly between all solutions), and this is another reasons lower-profile LW users were against it. BTW, any pro knows that Vray will pay for itself in a very short period so pricetag doesnt matter really.

So, please dont take NT forum as a reliable source of infos about what users need/want, its a vert small part of the userbase and at same time the most talkative.
Being in LW arena since 5.0, i know most pros - if not all pros - are interested in having more rendering options and Corona is the kind of engine LW misses the most.
Again, as i read here, Corona will be friendly priced, which will make it quite interesting not only for pros.

Best,
Paolo

2014-09-28, 15:33:55
Reply #137

VPII

• Users
    • View Profile
I can eco what Paolo is writing here. I am a Lightwave user and use it everyday for production and have not posted on Lightwave forum for many years now. Corona whould be a great engine for Lightwave.

2014-10-02, 11:20:53
Reply #138

Neko

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi folks,

I am Pro user LW (10+) and I agree that Corona could be fully integrated with LW. I think the mostly LW Pro users need a render engine on "Focus in ArchViz"...and Corona has everything.
KRay is good but the development is very very slow for me.

Regards
Nicola

2014-10-08, 01:18:10
Reply #139

adk

• Users
    • View Profile
Heya folks,

I would consider myself a long time 3D user, 15+ years using MAX / LW / modo + Vray / Octane / Maxwell / Kray / FP. 
I use these tools at professional / personal levels (mostly arch viz) and looking closely at Corona.

Can only echo what Pavlov has expressed in his posts and will definitely be looking at getting a license if there's an integrated solution.
Cheers.   

2014-10-17, 11:28:30
Reply #140

medzo

• Users
    • View Profile
Since there has been a lot of interest for Lightwave plugin, can we get some feedback from developers? Is Lw plugin something that you consider in the near future or not?

2014-10-17, 11:33:54
Reply #141

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Since there has been a lot of interest for Lightwave plugin, can we get some feedback from developers? Is Lw plugin something that you consider in the near future or not?

There is a lot of interest only because some users from some lightwave forum organized a voting raid... we have to take these results only as a hint.

On completely unrelated note, there are some people willing to cooperate with us on making it happen, so we will see...
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-10-17, 12:03:00
Reply #142

medzo

• Users
    • View Profile
I will take it as a good sign :)

2014-10-17, 15:38:14
Reply #143

Neko

• Users
    • View Profile
I pray for a Lw release...;)

2014-10-19, 22:36:21
Reply #144

spigolo

• Users
    • View Profile
BTW LIGHTWAVE has Arnold support too and Octane.
I would prefer Corona for Lightwave rather than Modo (i use both) but LW layout and scene handling is much better
modelling is much precise (not like Maya) and his nodal structure is improving quite fast...

2014-10-22, 15:49:15
Reply #145

beverins

• Users
    • View Profile
Actually, Lightwave has Arnold, Octane and now Renderman support (when Renderman 19 comes out). All thanks to the amazing work from heroic developer Juanjo Gonzalez! Corona would be in very good company. 

On another note, Thearender's plugin bowed out from Modo apparently because of SDK problems which The Foundry hasn't addressed yet ... I'm wondering how Corona Render's developers will bypass the SDK's limitations for Modo?

Oh.. and the Modo votes are because of a forum raid too, you know.

2014-10-22, 16:22:19
Reply #146

demmi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sketchup - as i am an architect i know almost 90% of companys around the world make use of it i would be an awsome addition. As chaos group know they added also the vray for sketchup and its a huge sucess to the company.

Sketchup is the way to spread around architectural companys
behance.com/demmi
- active Corona User

2014-10-23, 14:21:43
Reply #147

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Oh.. and the Modo votes are because of a forum raid too, you know.

but there is absolutely no lightwave raid going on, riiiiight? :D
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-10-23, 17:15:24
Reply #148

Neko

• Users
    • View Profile
I think all users try to stimulate own forum to vote...

2014-10-24, 16:34:34
Reply #149

beverins

• Users
    • View Profile
Of course there's a newtek forum raid. However, as it is with the people from Foundry(Luxology) these are people who are genuinely interested in your renderer... So while the votes are formed out of a desire for competition, they all actually do want to see this renderer and didn't just vote for the heck of it.

Hope it will arrive for either one, to be honest.