Author Topic: Problem with Lights Kelvin and VFB White Balance  (Read 35704 times)

2016-10-17, 18:17:08
Reply #45

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
because we dont want for the hotfix to change behavior - it should be 100% interchangeable with the base version - for example render farms do not make difference between rendering 1.4 and 1.4 hotfix1. So we cannot name this change 1.5 hotfix 1.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-10-17, 18:21:14
Reply #46

Nik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • HQ Details
There will be no renderfarms who wants 1.5 in this state

2016-10-17, 18:25:41
Reply #47

DKulakov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am pleased and this decision! thanks

2016-10-17, 18:29:41
Reply #48

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
There will be no renderfarms who wants 1.5 in this state

Ondra, you made such a wonderful piece of work with all the 1.5 features and I bet there is a lot of hard work in the backstage, why ruin everything with this issue? You're only going to implement better something you guys add and is not a 100% proof production tool. People will choose this engine in the future or will continue to use it cause of the combination of simple workflow and quality!

But here, quality is left off now... I am sorry I started this post days ago but I am a professional artist and gave my support to many engines in the past and when I see something which doesn't work I need to let it know and I hope then to see efforts and fix it for the good of all the community.

2016-10-17, 18:32:53
Reply #49

Nik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • HQ Details
Personally I'm pleased with solution too. But only personally.

Hotfix is the lesser evil. I don't care about my renders, now I'm on 1.5 daily, tomorrow on 1.6 daily. I won't even notice 1.5 release. I care about Corona reputation.

Release of 1.5 is already a little spoiled. All you can do now is fix it. If you let people use this while you making 1.6 then prepare for dozens of posts like this. For now it's not too late

2016-10-18, 09:16:58
Reply #50

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
because we dont want for the hotfix to change behavior - it should be 100% interchangeable with the base version - for example render farms do not make difference between rendering 1.4 and 1.4 hotfix1. So we cannot name this change 1.5 hotfix 1.

Maybe you could release it as 1.5.1 then? That way all sides should be pleased.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-10-18, 09:59:54
Reply #51

Nik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • HQ Details
Ask any renderfarm and no one wants to install daily builds there.
1.5 release gives unpredictable renders, so they do not want to install it too. So the only choise they have is 1.4
Then they will loose all users of 1.5 release or dailies beacause lack of features and wrong shaders.

What about simple users who don't install builds? They will create dozens of negative posts till you release 1.6. They will suffer from broken tonemapping and unable to use renderfarms.

Maybe this scenario is unrealistically negative, but I'm sure that fix of this problem should be as public as it possible. Not in daily builds hidden in Dropbox.

2016-10-18, 10:29:41
Reply #52

erkuttaner

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Is this just a backwards compatibility issue or a new project from scratch will affected ?
I never use daily builds btw.

2016-10-18, 10:31:18
Reply #53

Nik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • HQ Details
It's not just a problem of backward compatibility anymore.
In brand new scenes user can't get good tonecompressed image with low white balance. There is no way to do that in 1.5 release.
Thanx god I have 9-23 build with all nice features without this one :)

2016-10-18, 11:08:05
Reply #54

chopmeister

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Polymachine
I see doing a hotfix (or 1.5.1 or whatever) now as the only proper solution to this problem. Since renderfarms, as previously stated, won't install daily builds for sure, what happens is that now a bunch of users have a pile of scenes rendering incorrectly. Those users will have to wait a long time (which is mostly not an option) to be able to render them properly again. In the meantime, a lot of users will create a lot of new scenes which will, when 1.6 comes out, render incorrectly all over again. I just don't see how that works for anyone.

Best to address the issue while it's still fresh and not a lot of damage done, give everyone a heads up to install the hypothetical hotfix ASAP, and get it over with.

And it would be nice, at least, if the last daily build with the old colormapping was still available in dropbox. -.-

2016-10-18, 11:15:22
Reply #55

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Same here, please address this through a hotfix. If render farms are the only concern I'm pretty sure they can sort it out.

2016-10-18, 11:35:42
Reply #56

erkuttaner

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It's not just a problem of backward compatibility anymore.
In brand new scenes user can't get good tonecompressed image with low white balance. There is no way to do that in 1.5 release.
Thanx god I have 9-23 build with all nice features without this one :)
Thanks..Well then this will ruin the joy of new release. :(

2016-10-18, 15:03:43
Reply #57

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I made a fix, PM me if you want to betatest it
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-10-18, 15:06:05
Reply #58

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
I made a fix, PM me if you want to betatest it

Good man, thank you. We don't have time to test, here, but hope others will to help get this rolled out.

Good work!
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2016-10-18, 15:38:11
Reply #59

chopmeister

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Polymachine
I have time luckily, and if it works it'll save my @ss so consider me interested. PM sent.