Author Topic: [solved] Array Modifier, Mapping  (Read 231 times)

2024-04-05, 18:04:45

sofiks

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello everyone! I am quite new to texturing. I am trying to apply a map on the array. I am using a 'Planar from Object XYZ' mapping (it's the only one which is working close to what I wanted, but as you can see on a screenshot it has some shifts). however, It works well only if set array elements Offset big enough. 'Explicit Map channel' works fine really rare, mostly I just get random mapping, but the colors are clear and well placed. The texture - just squares, the same array as I set in the modifier, with different colors. How could I align the texture perfectly? Thanks
« Last Edit: 2024-04-15, 17:31:11 by maru »

2024-04-05, 19:52:21
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
It's hard to tell what you're trying to achieve, but maybe what you need is UVW map modifier with planar mapping over array and explicit mapping in texture? If that does not give you what you want, then more clear explanation of the task would be helpful.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2024-04-06, 13:21:30
Reply #2

sofiks

• Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the response. I have an array 30x30 cylinders, and I have a png pattern as a texture, which also consist of squares 30x30 with different colors. I want to put this pattern on the array, so each square in the png pattern identifies the Color of the array element in the order of a pattern. With a Planar mapping it works, but with shifts as in a screenshot , which are slightly noticeable.

2024-04-06, 15:40:02
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Unless you'll leave some gaps between array elements and adjust UV placement very careful, it's almost inevitable that some colour spill occurs. If array isn't strictly necessary for your task, i'd suggest to replace it with Chaos scatter, it has few UV grid placement patterns and lets you colorize distributed elements based on distribution mesh's texture, which would let you achieve what you're after very easily.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2024-04-13, 19:27:08
Reply #4

sofiks

• Users
    • View Profile
Thanks. Small adjustments of texture Tiling and disabling the texture Filtering resolved the problem somehow
« Last Edit: 2024-04-14, 22:23:36 by sofiks »