Author Topic: WIRECOLOR/ALPHA pass issue  (Read 2088 times)

2017-05-08, 03:03:12

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys

With the latest release, when saving our the CXR for later use for POST - when opening it up in the image editor it appears that the WIRECOLOR/ALPHA pass is has gamma applied to it.  Why is this?
Also, why are there limited file types to save out to?  Currently there is JPG/BMP/PNG and EXR.  Out of the VFB i always save to 16 BIT TIFFs and this doesnt appear to be there.

Thanks

2017-05-09, 15:49:22
Reply #1

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Hi, thank you for your reports!
  • Current CIE's behavior is to apply all the tone mapping incl. gamma on all elements. It is a planned feature for 1.7 to distinguish among them and apply the tone mapping and gamma only to those elements where it makes sense.
  • Saving in Corona VFB is being done by Max. There is no Max in CIE hence support for various output formats needs to be implemented on our own. Currently CIE supports those formats you have listed. I will open a feature request to add saving to 16-bit TIFF.
« Last Edit: 2017-05-09, 15:57:35 by mike288 »
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2017-05-11, 02:32:51
Reply #2

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks - i will stay away from this feature until then :)

2018-03-26, 09:28:57
Reply #3

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Hi, to keep you informed - CIE in next Corona v2 daily build will correctly limit tone mapping (and gamma) only to those render elements that are expected to be tone mapped, as it is in Corona VFB.
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload