Author Topic: Corona and Realflow - Wouldn't bother.  (Read 3950 times)

2016-08-02, 11:36:41

Luke_Wilkins_3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So, realflow and corona have real problems getting on.

Especially rendering and using the VFB. Can't render animation sequences without using the script, which is also buggy as hell. Another thing is the VBF... can't use that with realflow animations for some reason.

2016-08-02, 14:34:41
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I am not sure if you are the same user who submitted this problem to our helpdesk today, but:

Useful tip for users who are rendering Realflow animations with Corona:

If you do not want to export the mesh (it can be really huge) and you prefer to use the 3ds Max Realflow plugin to generate the mesh for each frame, go to Render Setup > Performance > Development/Experimental Stuff and then disable "Multithreaded parsing" under "Basic configuration". It should render fine with small parsing time penalty.

Here is how to get to the development rollout: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000523916
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-08-12, 12:33:40
Reply #2

JacopoGrosso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jacopogrosso.com
I have problems too.
When I export the meshes from RealFlow and I play in the viewport I can see them, but if I render the animation it doesn't change.
How can I do? Render manually all frames?

2016-08-12, 18:51:27
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Have you tried disabling multithreaded parsing as suggested in the previous post?

Another idea is to use batch rendering in 3ds Max instead of classic animation rendering. I remember some cases where it worked for some reason.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-08-31, 13:00:38
Reply #4

Remi.V

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • MYREZE AS
The workaround I found works best for me when rendering RF meshes is to export the RF mesh as an alembic file and then import the mesh back and use it for rendering. Then you don't need the script...... It does take a lot of time to export if the mesh is heavy though but at least it is all baked

2017-03-21, 15:02:49
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Can you provide a better description of what happens? And maybe sample scene if animation is rendered incorrectly?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)