Author Topic: Corona look dev artist needed for short film [paid]  (Read 9236 times)

2015-07-02, 03:10:08

Njen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Cyan Eyed
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a Corona based look development artist to work on a photorealistic, fully animated short film. Cyan Eyed is a high flying steampunk adventure short which will focus on stunning imagery and awesome action. We have a great team already working on the film which is currently in the asset build stage with a previs completed. Check out some of the great concept art currently on the website (http://www.cyan-eyed.com/) to get a feel for the film.

Requirements:

* As a look development artist, you will be responsible for the 'look' of all of the materials in the film, working with the asset builders, texturers and lighters to produce photoreal surfaces.

* Have an in depth knowledge of Corona and 3DS Max

* Optimise and efficiently create materials that render as fast as possible.

* This job can be done from any remote location, so a high amount of self motivation to stay to the schedule as much as possible is required.

* You will stay in regular contact and maintain communication during the length of your tasks.

* You will regularly post work-in-progress updates to the film's Shotgun server (asset management and tracking system).

* You will maintain a friendly and professional attitude and act as a supportive member of the crew with everyone else.

About me (Ryan Grobins): I am a lead lighter with 19 years experience in the VFX and animation industry working on films such as The Wolverine, The Hunger Games and Happy Feet. Of particular note, I lead the lighting of the Quicksilver Pentagon kitchen sequence in the recent X-Men: Days of Future Past. I have also made two shot films previously: Sneeze Me Away (2010) screened in over 30 festivals and won a number of awards, and The Rose of Turaida (2013) screened in over 70 festivals including at Siggraph's Electronic Theatre and won a number of awards also.

This film is fully self funded, and while I won't be able to pay industry rates, the work will be paid, with prices being negotiable. The time frame for this position is to begin very soon, and go through till roughly December. This is not full time work, you would be free to manage the tasks that can roughly follow the project timeline as long as it is agreed upon by myself and the producer

I look forward to hearing from you all, and please feel free to pm me or post replies here if you have any questions.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2015-07-02, 03:52:51 by Njen »

2015-07-10, 07:15:08
Reply #1

Njen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Cyan Eyed
I guess I should expand a little on who may be right for this role, as it ends up there wasn't much traffic as I thought there would be.

A look development artist is someone who creates and fine tunes materials and surface parameters. You generally will not be creating textures (some Photoshopping of masks may be needed), but you may be adjusting procedural noises. Basically, if you like to make surfaces and materials look realistic with most of the textures already supplied, then you may be right for the part.

I am also interested in hearing from people of all skill levels. Even if you have never done it before professionally, but you have some good looking Corona renders that show off some realistic surfaces, I'd be interested in hearing from you.

Even if you are a little bit curious, but have a bunch of good looking renders, please contact me!

2015-07-10, 08:42:35
Reply #2

tomislavn

• Active Users
  • Lightbringer
    • View Profile
    • My 3docean Portolio
Really wondering why is no one interested in this offer since we have loads of experienced Corona users here that produce stunning materials. I guess they are all loaded with their own projects :/

Your current art gallery is amazing and I am sure it will be a beautiful project :). I wish I could help/work on that project but I am mostly doing product shots that in 99% include metal, glass and plastic :)

Wish you the best of luck and I am definitely looking forward to checking Cyan Eyed once done! :)
My 3d stock portfolio - http://3docean.net/user/tomislavn

2015-07-13, 12:39:11
Reply #3

Njen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Cyan Eyed
Thanks very much! I can't wait to share the results.

2015-07-22, 16:26:54
Reply #4

Mikhail

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Projects