Author Topic: "Ascending" - Corona for C4D 2nd impressions  (Read 3264 times)

2014-06-28, 00:57:29

thvo82

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Slashcube
Hi guys,

Well working on the second phase of getting to know with Corona, i wanted to try out a Film-noire kind of style along with Corona Sun ( which i was curious to try out and check the plus and minors). First of all i want to say i was impressed with the natural look of the shadows. I love the soft halos and the contrast around the outline of shadows. This scene  is actually a small part of a project i am doing at the moment and the "Staircase" is part of it.

Although here, i just wanted to push it a bit towards my likings...so BW, contrast and some stylish framing. AXYZ models were used. Render time i think around 35 minutes ( around 440 phases i think).

I also like the options you have around exposure compensate, sky intensities along with sun intensities and overall contrast on post process.

I am waiting a lot more from the Software, but i think they are on their way!!!

Thomas Vournazos

www.slashcube.net
info@slashcube.net

2014-06-29, 15:00:57
Reply #1

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Looks really interesting.

I hate those AXYZ models, such stupid poses. Don't you want to try animating a moving character ? And giving him strong motion blur ? Could give it a really nice feeling.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-06-29, 21:06:19
Reply #2

thvo82

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Slashcube
Looks really interesting.

I hate those AXYZ models, such stupid poses. Don't you want to try animating a moving character ? And giving him strong motion blur ? Could give it a really nice feeling.

You are right Juraj. I was thinking about the same thing. I do like the image to be more fluid. I will surely give it a try. I will try out the axyz people with anima...its time to test that also.

But it it always not easy to fit 3d people with your approach..but in this case i am thinking of just trying it out..i do like to try them out with some shadowing...the scene is really helping on that one.i made some previews with other shots also like the one below...i will see!!

Thomas Vournazos

www.slashcube.net
info@slashcube.net

2014-07-02, 12:03:10
Reply #3

AdamHotovy

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Corona Heisenberg
    • View Profile
    • Corona Renderer
Looking forward to see more Thomas :)