Author Topic: Saving exposure bracketing  (Read 1385 times)

2022-04-15, 23:12:25

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Would it be possible to add saving exposure bracketing like a camera as passes? Sure we have the option for light mix but it could be really useful to set a standard image as we do currently then an over and under exposed image with a tone mapping setting for each to avoid too much blow out. I know we can always save in corona format and adjust with the standalone or save as 32 bit but both those options have their drawbacks.

Cheers

2022-04-21, 10:37:06
Reply #1

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You can access the image editor with the command line interface and theres a reference for what you can do somewhere in the help files.
So using that, you could write a short script to make exposure adjustments to a saved CXR and automatically save out several exposure stops for you.

I made a couple in a batch file and added it to the right click context menu for CXR files so whenever i right click on a CXR i have the option to generate a TIF or JPG file. With a few small tweaks im sure you could do what you need.

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=28133.msg165630#msg165630
« Last Edit: 2022-04-21, 10:50:56 by Jpjapers »

2022-04-21, 10:59:33
Reply #2

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Jpjapers.
I'll be honest I'm not much of a scripter! I was hoping it could be added as a multipass option within corona to save going through CXR. Essentially just an exposure box option asking for a different exposure setting for either the beauty pass or lightmix pass specified by a tick box.

2022-04-21, 16:11:28
Reply #3

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Fair enough. If youre in need of something at the moment, im pretty sure the batch image editor has an example script to change exposure and save a version so if you wanted to tinker with it, it is currently possible to do what you want.

2022-04-21, 19:06:28
Reply #4

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
simple trick
1. render 32bit HDRI
2. use result on Light material/texture
3. animate its exposure /or what ever wish you ;)
4. point camera at it & render sequence