Author Topic: Corona Layered Material - Wrap to Underlying  (Read 1245 times)

2021-09-23, 06:18:19

cjwidd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Artstation
In the context of the Corona Layered Material, why does it make sense for Layer 1 to inherit displacement information from the base layer, but not bump information?

It would be great if there were a way to control the influence of bump information from an underlying layer (e.g. base material) on a subsequent layer (e.g. Layer 1).

The CoronaPhysicalMtl base bump and clearcoat bump provide a (sort of) paradigm to think about how this functionality might work.
« Last Edit: 2021-09-23, 06:30:24 by cjwidd »

2021-09-23, 10:44:29
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
In the context of the Corona Layered Material, why does it make sense for Layer 1 to inherit displacement information from the base layer, but not bump information?

Actually it doesn't make sense at all, but that's a technical limitation and we all have to live with that until it gets fixed.

It would be great if there were a way to control the influence of bump information from an underlying layer (e.g. base material) on a subsequent layer (e.g. Layer 1).

But you already can control that with masks, isn't? What else control you're expecting there? Maybe couple examples how it should work?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures