Author Topic: Battle  (Read 4924 times)

2012-12-14, 16:31:11

Samurai Pizza Cat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi folks.

Here is a shot of a project I´m working on at the moment. It´s a little controverse, I know but I´ll post it anyways :)

Let me know what you think about it, any suggestions of colors, elements...

Thanks in advance !

2012-12-14, 18:27:49
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
First impression: white is too white, black is too black, maybe you could use a bit of blue-violet for the sky and make explosions less bright. As for now it looks more like an ingame shot that a render.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2012-12-14, 20:05:28
Reply #2

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Volumetrics are real using motion blur workaround? :)

2012-12-14, 22:17:25
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Looks more like a sprite or a post effect.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2012-12-15, 12:21:46
Reply #4

Samurai Pizza Cat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
nope I haven´t done nothing to cause volumetircs, at least not intentionally :). But hey that´s a good idea, I´ll give it a try with the animated plane cheat.

Also I´m trying to make a daylight version, but the Corona Sun is visible to reflections even though it´s direct visibility is turned off. In some areas that look very annoying, is there a workarround for that also ?

2012-12-15, 16:02:34
Reply #5

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
nope I haven´t done nothing to cause volumetircs, at least not intentionally :). But hey that´s a good idea, I´ll give it a try with the animated plane cheat.

Also I´m trying to make a daylight version, but the Corona Sun is visible to reflections even though it´s direct visibility is turned off. In some areas that look very annoying, is there a workarround for that also ?

Unfortunatelly, disabling sun visibility does not work yet, but there has been a lot of problems with sun disc lately, so i expect the disable visibility function to be working soon

Concerning volumetrics, i was asking because it would not be a good idea to use that trick. If you want your scene to work in the end, you should keep it technically simple ;) Not a showcase of corona features, but rather just use only what you can not get by without... ;)

2012-12-15, 21:47:01
Reply #6

Samurai Pizza Cat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Overdoing is always a bad idea ;). To keep it simple is also the way I prefere to do a shot, but keeping it simple/clean is not easy because it´s the little things you don´t recognize at first make stuff come "alive". So maybe some subtle volumetrics aren´t such a bad idea after all :)