Author Topic: Disable gamma warning on normal maps...  (Read 2544 times)

2019-03-21, 10:06:00

Njen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Cyan Eyed
Is there any way to disable the gamma warning on normal maps that are loaded in as 'Automatic' for the gamma setting? I have exported my own normal maps that I know are correct that don't need to have their gamma modified, but I'm stuck with a stack of warnings when I render.

2019-03-21, 23:09:22
Reply #1

iancamarillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
this happens with me too with normals that I know are correct but sometimes it goes away after ignoring the message and a few saves later it doesn't pop up. is this AS designed?

2019-03-22, 11:42:32
Reply #2

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yes it happen to me, and adding gamma correction even produce facet affect, why it warning if it's wrong?

2019-03-22, 14:25:01
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Corona can't know if your normal map texture is saved with gamma 1.0 or gamma 2.2 It just checks how texture is loaded and status of gamma checkbox in CoronaNormal map. In majority cases this gives correct result, but sometimes it fails because it lacks crucial info and Corona can't do anything about that.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-03-22, 19:39:15
Reply #4

Njen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Cyan Eyed
What I'm worried about is that when I render and I see a whole lot of Normal map gamma warnings that I ignore, I might miss an actual warning I need to care about among it all.

Can there be a global switch to disable the normal map gamma warnings?