Author Topic: [WIP] Theatre/ learning Corona  (Read 16245 times)

2012-10-30, 12:22:02
Reply #15

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
It is supposed to work this way. Everything is fine. The only non-realistic thing is that last vray render.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2012-10-30, 12:28:36
Reply #16

woshilvba

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It is supposed to work this way. Everything is fine. The only non-realistic thing is that last vray render.
Really?Maybe I did not pay attention.

2012-10-30, 12:31:31
Reply #17

andreupuig

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • APtecture

Exactly, when you have to render a window glass, you don't want distorted refractions. You modeled a sphere, but a window glass is just 6mm thick. In vray material there are similar options as Corona under the tab options (double-sided and reflect on back side). Solid glass material brings more computation and unnecessary caustics.

2012-10-30, 12:34:28
Reply #18

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Solid glass is for thick objects like a block of glass. Thin glass is for thin objects that need to be reflective and transparent like soap bubbles.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2012-10-31, 19:22:56
Reply #19

andreupuig

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • APtecture
Continuing working on the scene and added some objects. Passed a morning mapping some books (almost everyone from my real library).
Trying to solve the high noise level in the center of the image. I remodeled the hanged lights reducing the number of polygons (it was a rendered spline with 8 sides, now 4 and with less subdivisions) and removed some lights on the ceiling making them smaller, 3 meters long. After 2 hours and 12 minutes (rendered with max buffer, it didn't print the stamp) I reached 67 passes.
There are still some noise on the metal blades of the ceiling, I'm trying to discover what cause it; with a render region I reached something like 300 passes and the noise is stille there...

Bye!

2012-10-31, 19:26:09
Reply #20

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Yes, twosided material is designer for something like glass in windows or very thin glass, such as light bulb glass :)

2012-11-06, 10:25:00
Reply #21

andreupuig

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • APtecture
Finalizing and tuning lights for the exterior view. Surrounding buildings will be heavily photoshopped.

2012-11-09, 09:11:50
Reply #22

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Don't use Box filtering, use Tent or Cone, I don't think box works correctly.