Author Topic: Do you have any spare CPU cycles?  (Read 1857 times)

2017-02-11, 14:58:40

Njen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Cyan Eyed
Hey all, as some of you may know, I'm making an exciting, action packed, steampunk themed animated short film titled Cyan Eyed (www.cyan-eyed.com). As the film's production slowly moves to completion, the bandwidth to render frames is now starting to increase as well.

While I do have plans to use an online renderfarm to help get frames out (shout out to GarageFarm.net!), I really need some more help. If any of you have some spare time on your computers that you want to put to good use, I was wondering if you would like to get involved in this really cool project by helping out to render some frames. The only minimum requirement your computer(s) must have is at least 64gb of RAM. Depending on the shot, there will most likely be an initial download of 2gb to 6gb of scene files, cache files and textures, then if rendering more than one shot, subsequent scene files can be as small as 75mb to 200mb.

As a guide, I am currently rendering on a 2.2gHz, 40 thread machine, and half resolution (960 x 402) test frames with near finaled look dev takes anywhere between 4 to 25 minutes, depending on how much metal is in the frame.

In return for use of your computer, you will receive credits in the film and on the website, my eternal gratification, and possibly some other small reward/compensation that I am deciding upon.

At this stage of production, each shot is getting its animation task finaled, and then a half resolution version of the shot gets rendered with the latest look dev currently approved for each of the assets. Once this stage is finished (should be another month or so), then final resolution frames will then need to render.

If you are interesting in joining the production along with more than 30 other awesome team members, please email me with ryan@cyan-eyed.com, or send me a PM.

Every little bit of help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!
Ryan

2017-02-12, 15:45:44
Reply #1

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
I will Look in to your website after im back in saturday, I ThinkPad I van fix you same cores.
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott