Chaos Scatter > [Scatter] I need help!

Convert to Max Geometry Multiple Scatters

(1/4) > >>

CharlyRT:
Hi there, I received some Models from a client where it has more than 200 scatters objects and I need to convert them to mesh, is there a way to convert them in batch or an easy way to do it, like I said, theres more than 200 scatters, its gonna take a lot of time to do this.

It will be great to have this operation in the Lister too.

Aram Avetisyan:
Hi,

The closest you can get is to use maxscript. After a quick chat with devs, there seems to be no option to call the convert to max geometry function from maxscript.
So there is only some rough and ugly way to convert them.

But why do you want them converted?
Do you want to modify the scattered instances?
If you can provide some more details, I may be able to help you better.

pokoy:

--- Quote from: RTstudio on 2024-02-03, 01:44:29 ---Hi there, I received some Models from a client where it has more than 200 scatters objects and I need to convert them to mesh, is there a way to convert them in batch or an easy way to do it, like I said, theres more than 200 scatters, its gonna take a lot of time to do this.

--- End quote ---
Making a mesh snapshot is probably a fast way to do it (Choose the Scatter object you want to convert > Top Menu > Tools > Snapshot, choose Mesh), but it would not retain the individual instances, every Scatter object would become a mesh, not sure if that's what you're after. The advantage is that you can select all of the Scatter objects and when choosing Snapshot it will convert all of them in one go.

CharlyRT:

--- Quote from: pokoy on 2024-02-05, 13:26:17 ---
--- Quote from: RTstudio on 2024-02-03, 01:44:29 ---Hi there, I received some Models from a client where it has more than 200 scatters objects and I need to convert them to mesh, is there a way to convert them in batch or an easy way to do it, like I said, theres more than 200 scatters, its gonna take a lot of time to do this.

--- End quote ---
Making a mesh snapshot is probably a fast way to do it (Choose the Scatter object you want to convert > Top Menu > Tools > Snapshot, choose Mesh), but it would not retain the individual instances, every Scatter object would become a mesh, not sure if that's what you're after. The advantage is that you can select all of the Scatter objects and when choosing Snapshot it will convert all of them in one go.

--- End quote ---

Thanks but this.... didnt do anything, it created a new scatter object with same properties, no new meshes :(

CharlyRT:

--- Quote from: Aram Avetisyan on 2024-02-05, 10:20:20 ---But why do you want them converted?
If you can provide some more details, I may be able to help you better.

--- End quote ---

Guys Come on? really? I know that you need a good reason in order to prioritize updates or make adjustments but..... Does it really matter why I need to convert them?
I need to convert them as a favor to my client that provide me these models, They dont have anyway to do this, and they need them as mesh.

What about if Im modeling forniture or something that in certain point I want to sell it on 3dsky or wherever, I need to provide a model so everyone can open it without any problem if they dont have certain plugins in order to avoid incompatibility.

This is something that I can do really easy and fast in ForestPack/RailClone
This could be something that you could improve, an easy way to convert multiple or every scatter in the scene as a mesh in order to use them if we dont have Chaos Scatter or any other special reason.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version