Author Topic: Parsing the scene and network performance  (Read 11309 times)

2015-10-21, 13:19:48

pressenter

• Active Users
  • PressEnter Design
    • View Profile
    • PressEnter Design
Good afternoon guys,

Unfortunately I have some serious issues with Corona recently. I've been going between 1.2.1 and the newest daily builds trying to fix this, but nothing helps.

Recently almost every scene that I'm working with has trouble rendering or even saving with Corona. 'Parsing the scene' and saving files takes ages. I have to wait for parsing to finish for 5-10 minutes on a simple interior scene. When trying to distribute to other machines I have to wait even longer, cause the scene has to save, then parsing... takes hours, not kidding, one scene took 7 hours to start to render. I am working inside a company network, all my files are kept inside that network so it's all UNC paths. Anyone else experienced this issue? Is there some kind of a simple fix?

Best regards
Simon

2015-10-21, 13:55:09
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Hi,
can you create a minidump of 3dsmax process while it is stuck and send it to us? See #2 here on how to do it: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-10-21, 14:05:45
Reply #2

pressenter

• Active Users
  • PressEnter Design
    • View Profile
    • PressEnter Design
Ok, should be uploaded.

1445429105_3dsmax.zip

That's the file name.

Thanks,
Simon

P.S. FYI that's happening on both 1.2.1 and yesterdays daily build.

2015-10-21, 14:08:04
Reply #3

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In all versions of 3dmax exist problem with file size/
Sometime while saving of file a size file may be bigger and bigger/
especially it happens during the merge operation some models from different libraries and resourses/
it's problem connected with motion mixer information in scene/
Exist many scripts for clean scene from this problem/
You have to check you file size!!!

2015-10-21, 14:13:54
Reply #4

pressenter

• Active Users
  • PressEnter Design
    • View Profile
    • PressEnter Design
Denisgo: my files are practically tiny, one of them yes, is massive, but the other six are between 200 and 500MB.

I did all the cleanups, didn't help.

2015-10-21, 14:50:51
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
ok, 3dsmax was stuck inside hair object creating geometry when the minidump was created. It further seems that the slowness is due to some "fault tolerant" mechanism being used. Accoding to microsoft documentation, when a process was crashing a lot in the past, it will automatically switch it to a fault-tolerant environment (which I guess could be also mega-slow) - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd744764%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

So:
- can you try if the problem persists also when using not using hair objects?
- can you view the fault tolerant event log (see link above) - is 3dsmax there?
- can you try disabling the fault-tolerant environment, or resetting list of applications using the fault tolerant environment? (link above)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-10-21, 15:05:12
Reply #6

pressenter

• Active Users
  • PressEnter Design
    • View Profile
    • PressEnter Design
Dang! It indeed is Hair and furs fault. Turning it off solved the problem. Does that mean that hair and fur is not well supported by Corona?

Thank you for all your help Ondra.

2015-10-21, 15:06:38
Reply #7

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
go through the rest of my checklist - it is possible that MS windows decided hair & fur is too bugged to run full-speed so it is being run in slower "fault-tolerant" runtime

2015-10-21, 15:15:03
Reply #8

pressenter

• Active Users
  • PressEnter Design
    • View Profile
    • PressEnter Design
Yes, it also was thrown into FTH. I'm trying to turn it off completely, cause it's the only app that's actually using this, so fingers crossed it works. Thanks!

Simon

2015-10-21, 15:34:50
Reply #9

pressenter

• Active Users
  • PressEnter Design
    • View Profile
    • PressEnter Design
Ok, hopefully my last post.

Turning FTH off in the registry does solve the problem. What makes me worried is that I never had this issue with... well, other rendering engines. This just showed up with Corona. Is there a bottom line to this issue?

Either way thank you very much for solving this so quickly Ondra! Literally saving my butt over here. ;)

Best,
Simon

2015-10-21, 16:22:19
Reply #10

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm calling "not it" on the issue! ;) It was automagically turned on by windows because 3dsmax crashed a lot (which was not necessarily caused by corona - it could be any renderer, max itself, or any other plugin)

2015-10-25, 15:49:28
Reply #11

pressenter

• Active Users
  • PressEnter Design
    • View Profile
    • PressEnter Design
Sorry to 'reopen' this topic again, but the issue came back for a different scene and this time I made sure that 3ds is not in the FTH list. Maybe someone could have a look and help me out? The minidump file is

1445784276_3dsmax.zip

Best,
Simon

2015-10-30, 15:45:28
Reply #12

yagi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I Have this same issue ocassionally with 1.21 and parsing the scene and building acc took forever that i had to hit cancel after an hour. worst thing is windows freezes up then i have to power off the pc cos i cant do nothing else.  then one faithful evening( 2 days ago precisely)........ i came home and i knew if i dint solve this problem i would be screwed for not meeting the deadline i was given. I simply Opened the Corona converter script that came with 1.2 and Hit the convert all Bitmaps to Corona bitmap :D and TADA!!! for some reason it worked. the parsing the scene and building acc stage took barely 2mins at close up shots and less than 30 seconds on aerial shots. the scene file size was about 800mb at the time but now i have converted most objects in the scene to proxies. i dont know if u have been working with corona bitmaps the enttire project but i didnt and so i guess this worked for me but you can still give that button a try cos i have also tried the FTH method and dint find 3dsmax there or maybe i dont know how to go about it yet.... goodluck