Author Topic: Interactive Viewport Different  (Read 4066 times)

2020-12-09, 16:30:13

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What could be the cause of the Interactive Viewport rendering darker than the VFB or the final render? I'm using an HDRI in the Corona Sky Object. Sometimes, not all the time, the interactive viewport, which I love to use, will simply render much darker than the other forms of rendering in Corona. I've tried turning on and off Photographic Exposure, I've tried matching the Corona Camera settings to the camera settings in the C4D render settings. Any idea where to look for a fix?

2020-12-09, 16:54:30
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Just to check, is "Use Cinema 4D color space" enabled?

Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-12-09, 17:49:25
Reply #2

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes it is enabled. If I toggle this switch, the VFB changes slightly, but has no effect on the Interactive Viewport.

2021-03-29, 11:26:11
Reply #3

tombombl

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
I have the same problem. Using Cinema 4D color space is enabled. But that does not change anything.
Regards,
Thure

2021-03-29, 15:52:28
Reply #4

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ha ha, great timing. Not that you have a problem of course. What I believe is going on, at least for me, is if I am working on an older scene file, I will have this problem. If I create a brand new scene, the problem goes away. This isn't necessarily a bug, but could also be that in existing scenes, I may have changed some setting somewhere. By creating a new project, that setting is back at its default setting. I haven't figured that out yet.

Try this with a project you are having a problem with. Select EVERYTHING in the Objects Manager and hit Copy. Create a new scene file and hit Paste. Don't forget to activate your render camera as this will come in deactivated. Enable Interactive Viewport and see what happens.

This always works for me. A pain, but it works. When I have more time, I'll see if I can track down the exact cause.

2021-03-29, 16:13:19
Reply #5

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Then, you might also wanna check "Project settings" (ctrl/cmnd + D)

2021-03-29, 16:58:50
Reply #6

tombombl

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No, that does not work in my case. It is a completely new scene but nevertheless I copied it into e ne scene. But the result is the same. And it is the same with the linear workflow.

2021-03-29, 17:51:58
Reply #7

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hello,

would it be possible to send us the scene that misbehaves? I would love to take a look at that.

Thanks,
Jan
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.

2021-03-29, 20:21:19
Reply #8

tombombl

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Jan,

here is the file. But I have this problem with different scenes.

I have changed from version 5 to six not long ago. With version 5 was everything fine. It seems to be version 6.

Regards, Thure

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhdv95n4pqt9ej5/Umspannwerk.zip?dl=0
« Last Edit: 2021-03-30, 08:16:30 by tombombl »

2021-03-29, 22:45:24
Reply #9

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@burnin Turns out the files that usually give this problem had Linear Workflow turned OFF. Now the Interactive Viewport renders properly. Curious that this setting does not affect the Interactive Renderer or the Picture Viewer output.

2021-03-30, 12:13:46
Reply #10

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hi Jan,

here is the file. But I have this problem with different scenes.

I have changed from version 5 to six not long ago. With version 5 was everything fine. It seems to be version 6.

Regards, Thure

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhdv95n4pqt9ej5/Umspannwerk.zip?dl=0
Hello,

I've tested this on both Mac and Windows, Corona V7 daily, V6, Cinema R23 and R21 and in all cases I did not once encounter the different lighting. Seems like a preferences rather than scene setup. I'll try to look into it a bit further if I find some reasonable time to investigate.

Thanks,
Jan
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.

2021-03-30, 17:00:55
Reply #11

tombombl

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have tested it on a Mac with a simple scene (cube and sky) in R21, R20 and R19. They all show the same different lightning. And I found nothing in the preferences that could change that. Is it possible, that MacOS has some influence on corona? I am using Mojave.

2021-03-30, 20:37:49
Reply #12

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I can confirm discrepancy between Interactive Viewport VS Interactive Renderer on R18 (W10).

IIRC, you need at least S22/R23 to get LWF menu in Preferences