Author Topic: interior in classic style  (Read 7824 times)

2013-02-10, 16:14:42

Animator89

• Active Users
    • View Profile
After some attempts to use corona decided to do a major project. I did not call time on each frame render to no noise, and I did not know how the light multipler so render each frame takes 2 hours + photoshop for removing noise.
In total, the project contains more than 100 light sources, and more than 18 million non instanced polygons. After 2-3 weeks, I will try one more time to render in high resolution and without noise.
Thank you all for your attention.

2013-02-10, 16:18:36
Reply #1

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'd say it's pretty good :). But what the hell is wrong with that curtain in last two shots?

2013-02-10, 16:58:01
Reply #2

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Great renders! But the curtain does not look real at all :/. But I am sure you can still fix it
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-02-10, 18:17:51
Reply #3

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
Nice interior, but, IMHO, very overbrighted. And some of the materials necessary to correct.
How many render passes and how solver for the primary and secondary GI?
Corona - the best rendering solution!

2013-02-10, 18:59:00
Reply #4

Animator89

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great renders! But the curtain does not look real at all :/. But I am sure you can still fix it
thanks.
I will fix that.
Nice interior, but, IMHO, very overbrighted. And some of the materials necessary to correct.
How many render passes and how solver for the primary and secondary GI?
I'm still not used to the corona and 3d max. The whole scene was assembled in Maya and moved to 3d max to render. I will try to consider all your remarks.
What materials, except curtains, should be corrected?
I can not tell how much was spent on rendering phases but I can say that the i7 950 render each frame took 2.5 hours
I used Pachtracing + HD cache
after rendering I got attached pictures.
Sorry or my bad English

2013-02-10, 19:17:18
Reply #5

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
For example, the floor-  less bump and set bitmap over reflections and glossy. Woods - maybe more reflections with glossy (with bitmap)?
Well glass looks very good!
the Lights - use very tessellate or subdivided mesh, that avoid very noisy light
brightness original shot - much better!
Corona - the best rendering solution!

2013-02-10, 20:52:33
Reply #6

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
The models you used (did you make them?) are very realistic and detailed but something is wrong with the overall rendering, the setup looks unnatural and plastic-like (like in games). I think the most important thing you should change is the difference between indoor and outdoor brightness (example: the shot where you can see some plants in the background).  Some shaders look like plastic. And those curtains are definitely wrong - I think you should use a different model if you can, not just texture.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-02-10, 21:32:37
Reply #7

Animator89

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The models you used (did you make them?) are very realistic and detailed but something is wrong with the overall rendering, the setup looks unnatural and plastic-like (like in games). I think the most important thing you should change is the difference between indoor and outdoor brightness (example: the shot where you can see some plants in the background).  Some shaders look like plastic. And those curtains are definitely wrong - I think you should use a different model if you can, not just texture.

Yes I have noticed that after rendering a slider - highlight compensation :)
Most models decor were ready, I just cleaned them and reconfigured materials
I'll try to find time to correct the errors and re-render scene in a higher quality.
Thanks for your comments

2013-02-12, 09:58:34
Reply #8

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
I like a lot the sofa image render, very nice

some notes :

-  Seems that you used Z pass  i guess in Photoshop, there is some bad hard edges in the focused area, better use the Corona DOF ( great results but you should be patient ) or an AE/Nuke plugin...

- I agree with Keymaster about the curtain material, it's like matte plastic, you should play with a high value of the translucency.

- Didn't like the background image , try others a little bit bright but not too much blured...

- Floor bump is too high

2013-02-12, 10:27:12
Reply #9

Animator89

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thanks for the tips Chakib
I used the Z channel and eyeon fusion to create DOF.
Corona DOF really much more accurate but I do not have either the patience or faster processor for use. :)
Sorry for my bad English