Author Topic: Corona Material/Lights Converter (legacy)  (Read 1088286 times)

2015-10-30, 09:52:57
Reply #750

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Here are some test results with "v1.19 beta 02".
(...)
Looking good. I think the big difference in the kitchen render is due to the mirror.
mhhh... looking better than expected :) Thanks for those tests, I really appreciate it!
Yes the brightness of the kitchen mirror looks a bit off, would be interesting why. Maybe the IOR clamp option was on in the converter?

where i can find the v1.19 beta 02 version.?  i see only 1.18
It's not public yet, I wanted to let some people test it before I release it - to be sure the quality is sufficient. You can drop me a line via PM if you want to test it :)

Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2015-10-30, 10:44:31
Reply #751

peterguthrie

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Peter Guthrie Visualisation
Here are some test results with "v1.19 beta 02".

looking great, I don't suppose you could test one of them with the previous converter?

(maybe the one with the blue floor?)
« Last Edit: 2015-10-30, 10:49:14 by peterguthrie »

2015-10-30, 12:39:14
Reply #752

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
VrayGGX to CoronaGGX is now implemented too. As expected, it's a bit more accurate than the Blinn conversion.

2015-10-30, 14:09:54
Reply #753

dubcat

• Active Users
  • ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ meow
    • View Profile
looking great, I don't suppose you could test one of them with the previous converter?
(maybe the one with the blue floor?)

Sure. I'm uploading the images separately this time, a lot easier to see the difference by flipping layers in Photoshop.

Hopefully I can test some more scenes later today.
« Last Edit: 2015-10-30, 14:13:56 by dubcat »
             ___
    _] [__|OO|
   (____|___|     https://www.twitch.tv/dubca7 / https://soundcloud.com/dubca7 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) choo choo

2015-10-30, 14:24:53
Reply #754

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Hmmm, interesting. Some things seem to work better with v1.18, others with v1.19... I guess that's simply the problem with different BRDFs, they just look different at different angles. Another issue might be texture filtering and bump. Bump looks strange right now, I'll have to check this and test how these work now. They seem to have changed a couple of times lately :D

2015-10-30, 14:36:21
Reply #755

peterguthrie

• Active Users
    • View Profile
on balance i'd say the new one is better, but yes some materials look a bit off

2015-10-30, 14:51:39
Reply #756

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hmmm, interesting. Some things seem to work better with v1.18, others with v1.19... I guess that's simply the problem with different BRDFs, they just look different at different angles. Another issue might be texture filtering and bump. Bump looks strange right now, I'll have to check this and test how these work now. They seem to have changed a couple of times lately :D

There's a good chance that legacy check system is broken i latest builds, so that might affect things as well, depending in what build materials were created and tested. There's discussion about this going on in bugs board. I plan to do more thorough tests as soon as i'll have more time.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-10-30, 15:08:31
Reply #757

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I love the work here :- )

Not want to side-track this but seing Peter is here would it be off-track to ask him to provide one or two plants/trees (for example the ones from Miami hotel) for DeadClown to test converting 2sided Vray mats of vegetation ? I don't have any since I build them from scratch but I found it to be quite weird when trying to convert for example Vizpark plants examples I had. It either used wrong part of shader (for example the backside mat from 2sided) or generally created completely different translucent look.

I know both shaders work quite differently but perhaps some smart trick can be created because all the existing tree bundles are useless, it's not possible to hand-tweak hundreds of such mats and the difference it look is far more obvious than in other type of materials.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-10-30, 15:12:10
Reply #758

peterguthrie

• Active Users
    • View Profile
good idea Juraj, from initial tests it seems the fraction amount is always way too much. Will dig out (no pun intended) a suitable plant.

2015-10-30, 15:27:29
Reply #759

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I know both shaders work quite differently but perhaps some smart trick can be created because all the existing tree bundles are useless, it's not possible to hand-tweak hundreds of such mats and the difference it look is far more obvious than in other type of materials.
I'm always happy when people can provide some shaders for testing. I have relatively poor sources, so everything helps. But especially 2sided mtl conversion is tricky because there is nothing like that in Corona and I have to rebuild 1 material out of 2 (I'm using the diffuse map of 1 of the materials as a translucency map in the resulting CoronaMtl).

Btw, here's a test of a new bump multiplier. It seems the bump value is currently off by *4.0, So dividing the vray bump value by 100 and multiplying by 4 looks good. I also added a setting for it at the top of the script so if someone wants to fine-tune the settings, go for it :)

2015-10-30, 16:32:33
Reply #760

dubcat

• Active Users
  • ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ meow
    • View Profile
The wavy reflections are identical now, vray is a bit more blurred. Great work clown.
I'm using Corona 1.3 RC5 btw.

Shaderball of the floor

« Last Edit: 2015-10-30, 18:09:33 by dubcat »
             ___
    _] [__|OO|
   (____|___|     https://www.twitch.tv/dubca7 / https://soundcloud.com/dubca7 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) choo choo

2015-10-31, 00:04:34
Reply #761

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Hi Deadclown,

great job you are doing, unfortunatelly I am to busy at the moment to do some tests.
Keep un the great work.

cheers

2015-11-01, 23:35:31
Reply #762

dubcat

• Active Users
  • ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ meow
    • View Profile
Here are the results for GGX to GGX.

___
    _] [__|OO|

2015-11-02, 09:55:39
Reply #763

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Here are the results for GGX to GGX.

Some little differences in Lighting here and there and the metal plate of the door looks strangely different but overall it's spot on! :) Great, thanks for testing!